03. Encounter

How This Idiot Ruined My Life.

"Really?!" I yell as I wait for my luggage inside Incheon airport. Everyone who travelled on the same flight got their luggage.. BUT OF COURSE mines isn't there. Even though mom annoyed me until the very second I stepped inside the airport back home, I'm actually thankful of the advice she gave me.

"Don't forget to put some outfits in your handluggage just in case your bad luck strikes again!"  mom looks at me and smiles in the doorway. "whatever." I say as I roll my eyes. 

Well that came in handy.

I walk to one of the airports customer service desks. "Can I help you?", the lady asks. "I can't find my luggage ." I say as I look at her with my gloomy self.  The lady looks at me and asks some basic stuff and looks on her screen. "Oh sorry, there seems to have been a mistake, we have no report of your luggage on this plane." Oh great. "We will call the airport where you transferred flights to see if your luggage can be found there. You may write down your contact information here so we can contact you when your luggage is found."

I take out the piece of paper my mom put in my pocket and hand it over to the lady. She writes down the information and hands me a phone number I can call and I leave.

I walk down the arrival gate and look for my parents friends. I look around at a whole lot of families, and find a woman with a small banner saying: "yin dee dtôn ráp Naomi." Are you kidding me.. Why the banner tho. Even if I don't really speak thai that well, I atleast know how to say welcome. You don't need to write it in gigantic letters for me to notice..

The woman holding the banner is small and has a chubby face decorated with cute wrinkles as she smiles.  She looks me, her small eyes grow big and suddenly widens flashing her white teeth. "Naomi!!" she screames my name out loud and waves at me. Trying not to be the buzz-kill I actually am, I wave back. As I reach her I nod my head a little as I say "Sa wat dee kah" at the woman. She smiles and says "Your parents didn't tell you? We speak nglish so no need to force yourself to speak Thai, the banner was just to make you notice us." THANK GOD. Well one less problem. You COULD have told me that mom. But of course you wouldn't. Ah well. 

You look up and see her husband. Her husband like herself has a round face but with distinctive eyes and looks at me smiling showing the wrinkles in his face. "Is that all your luggage?" He asks as his eyes turn to my handluggage. "Unfortunately.. they lost my luggage. So for the upcoming days this is all I have." He looks at you and laughs " hahaha, well atleast you came safely. That is important right?" He smiles again.

Damn these people are actually nice. I wonder how they ever befriended my annoying parents seeing the contrast between them and my parents. Well it's nice having normal people around me sometimes.

 " Well, let's introduce ourselves shall we?" The woman looked at her husband and he nods. " I am Mrs Bhukawul and this is Mr Bhukawul. We are your parents friends like you already know and we are from Thailand. You can call us Mr. and Mrs B. if you like." Well some modern They nod and smile at me. 

"Hello, I am Naomi but you already know that, ...nice to meet you too." I was never good at introductions, so  this is as far as you got. 

As Mr B puts my luggage in their car trunk, Mrs B. opens the car door for me. "Sit down and enjoy your first journey through Korea!" Mrs B says. Like really. How are they friends with my parents?! 

The drive wasn't that long really. It took like an hour, and before I knew it we reached the place I've been longing to see in a long while. SEOUL.

It was beautiful! I suddenly remember why I wanted to come here. All the bad feelings I had prior to coming here partly dissapeared. Seoul really IS a different world from my regular one. I cannot wait to spend my 3 months here!!

We soon arrived in a suburb of seoul. Mrs B. takes out my luggage. " Enjoyed the view just now didn't you?" she says as I step out the car. I look up and...wow. THIS APARTMENT IS HUGE. Hah. Seems I'm not that unlucky as I thought I'd be. Thanks mom and dad. For once your arrangements actually seem to work out!



Oh. My. God. These past 4 days have been amazing. As I have been exploring Seoul through these 3 days since my arrival I immediately felt at home.  The people might not be the nicest, but the city still had some kind of coziness to it. Mr. and Mrs B. did their very best to make me comfortable around them, and told me lots of stories of their life in Thailand. They even told me about their son who apparantely is my age, and who wanted to be in the entertainment business since he was young. 

I in return told them stuff about myself too. Eventhough I normally don't speak a lot, my parents' kindhearted friends made me feel so welcome, that talking to them soon didn't feel as a burden anymore. And my kindness doesn't really have to be faked anymore.

And today. I finally get to pick up my luggage. I convinced Mr B. I didn't need to be brought with the car. I took the train instead. I walk through the airport in search for a help desk when a girl suddenly runs into me. And all my stuff falls on the floor, as I pick up my stuff I look at the girl who fell on the floor. She is around my age, probably one or two years younger and her face is all red from running. She stands up and looks at me while panting. "Sorry !", She says and she continues running down towards the arrivals.

I glare at the kid, curious to what is wrong with her to run in an airport like that. I decide to follow her to the arrival gate she was running towards. There are a lot of teenagers standing around the arrivals gate. Screaming and holding up their phones to make pictures. Is it someone famous?! This might be my first encounter with a famous artist. 

I try to make my way through the awful amount of people and finally be able to catch a glimpse of the people they are so hyped up about. My eyes grow big as the group of people arriving gets nearer. In the mids of the group there are seven handsome boys waving at the group of people. I examine them one by one, I feel like I have seen them before. They seem so familiar....

"Oh my god." I look at the guy with black hair with a pink highlighted part in front of his hair, when reality just hit me. These guys are that new group everyone is talking about lately. GOT7 right? Yeah.. Still don't like them that much. I kinda wished that they would've been one of my fave groups instead. Well yeah, atleast I can make my friends jealous when I tell them I saw GOT7.. I take a picture and decide to leave.

 



I walk through the door with my luggage now complete. "Hello? Anyone here?" No sound can be heard in the house, so judging from it Mrs. and Mr. B are gone at the moment. I walk upstairs and bring my luggage to my room. I walk downstairs, still no sign from Mrs. and Mr. B. I look at the TV when I see a note sticking onto the TV. 

We have gone grocery shopping! Dad wants to visit a store in downtown Seoul, so it will take a while for us to come back.

To Naomi: Our son visiting us today! He has a spare key so don't be shocked if he enters the house !

To our son: If you came here first, welcome to our apartment, there is food in the fridge, if you are hungry! MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE SOME FOR US. Oh and if a girl enters the house it is probably Naomi our friends daughter who is staying with us for the upcoming 2 months !

I put the note on the desk next to the leather couch and take of my glasses. Since no one is home right now, might as well take a nap. I lay down on the couch and close my eyes.

"Mèè!! Glub mah laeo!" Yeah sure dude, you might be home but your mom isn't now shut up and let me sleep. I suddenly remember that their son is supposed to come visit.  And that he is probably that son. I try to rush my way upstairs, not wanting to meet their son. I grab my glasses when I hear someone talk to me. "Who are you?", he asks me in korean.

I try to look at him but cannot make out what his face looks like since I still need to put on my glasses. So I put on my glasses and the first thing I see are too widened eyes getting wider as I look into them. I up my eyebrow and further examine him.

...

His hair, black with pink. I have seen that before. I think deeply before remembering where I saw it.. Ah! At the airport!! I remember now!! Wait...that's not it....

.....

..

God must be playing a game with me, this cannot be right...right? My eyes widened to the size of teacups when I finally remember. 

Uh oh.

 

 



*Mèè glub mah laeo means "mom I'm home"

 

 

Sorry that I didn't upload on time! I was very busy and din't have time to finish the chapter! Another chapter will be uploaded, either tomorrow or monday! Hope the story is easy to follow and hope you like it!!

comments and criticism is always welcome!!

X Amstersaram!!