'K'

Dear No One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear No One,

 

Today, I made a friend. (Please ignore the fact that I sound like a six year old telling his parents about his first day at school). I thought it was gonna be awkward meeting her, but it really wasn't. She seems like a great person. I'd love to introduce her to you once I find you. But then again. Who knows... Maybe she is you. Hahaha don't mind me, love. I'm a little crazy. But I bet you already knew that. After all, I'm writing letters to you before even knowing who you are.

 

Well, I hope you're doing fine. How're things? I just wish you could reply me somehow. Well, till next time, babe.

 

Yours,

Yoongi

 

Number three, circle, and into the box.

 

~*~ -

 

People say that love at first sight exists. Choi Byeolbit has never believed in that. No matter what anyone says to convince her, she's dead set that it has been, and always will be, attraction at first sight. Something like "oh my God, s/he's cute," at first sight.

 

Which is why when Ahra - her coworker and fellow trainee - tells her that she's fallen in love with the new patient's older brother, Byeolbit pushes the starry-eyed woman out of her way and sorts out some medical reports.

 

"Seriously, you'd agree if you looked at him," Ahra insists. Star just rolls her eyes at that sentence. Typical. This is probably the twentieth time that Ahra has 'fallen in love' with another good-looking guy that walked into the hospital.

 

"I'm not kidding! Trust me, this one's different. He's so adorable but he has this air of importance around him and-" Ahra stops short with a gasp. Byeolbit looks up to see what happened, forgeting about the file in front of her and she snaps the rings in the ring file close, accidentally clamping her little finger in the process.

 

She bites back a curse and winces at the pain before a pair of hands hurriedly unclamps her finger from the rings. "Are you okay?" says a masculine voice and Star looks up to see the reason for Ahra's gasp earlier.

 

"YOU?" Star says, temporarily forgetting about the throbbing pain in her little finger. Ahra's gaze ricochets between the two. "You... You know each other?" She points at them, clearly confused.

 

The pair glances at Ahra before returning their attention to each other. "What are you doing here?" Byeolbit says at the same time that Suga gently takes her hand and asks, "Is your finger alright?"

 

Star looks down to see that her finger is slightly red and realizes that it's throbbing a little. She pulls her hand away and shrugs it off while mumbling that she is fine. "Are you sure?" Suga looks at her finger, concerned.

 

"Sheesh! I'm fine, I'm fine," she instinctively pops her finger into , even though she knows that that won't help with the pain in any way. She pulls her finger out and fans it, letting the wet and cool sensation numb the pain a little.

 

She walks out of the reception counter and bows at Yoongi in greeting. He bows back out of courtesy. Ahra just stares at the exchange. "What brings you here?" Byeolbit asks as she puts her hand down, the throbbing slowly fading away. Suga points at a patient at explains that his niece just got admitted for a mild case of chicken pox.

 

Star glances towards the child in mention and realization dawns on her. She sends a look to Ahra who is still gaping at the both of them. Star raises an eyebrow as if to say, 'I thought you said it was her brother, not her uncle.'

 

Star motions to Ahra and does the introductions.

 

"Ahra, this is Yoongi, Yoongi, this is Ahra."

 

They bow at each other, an air of awkwardness surrounding them. Byeolbit clamps her lips together to hold back a snort. "Anyway, I was wondering where I could get a drink? That kid wants some hot cocoa," Suga says.

 

Star consults her watch and a sly grin appears on her face. "We~ll," she begins, dragging out the word. "I don't get off work until six today but Ahra here is on her break now," she pats Ahra's shoulder and leaves her hand there. "She can take you to the lounge where the vending machine is."

 

Star pushes her friend to Yoongi and waves them goodbye and grabs her file before walking into the ward to check on Yoongi's niece. She writes some notes on the paper and smiles at the girl.

 

"Good news! The doctor says you're free to leave after we give you your prescription list."

 

"Star Eonni, right?"

 

"Eh? You know my name?"

 

The girl nods enthusiastically. "Samchun (uncle) says you're childhood friends," she explains.

 

Star reaches out and ruffles the girl's hair, to which she reacts by squealing and squirming away. She laughs at her cute reaction before standing straight and putting a hand on her hip. "Well, tell your uncle that you'll be able to leave in half an hour, okay?"

 

The girl nods again, her short bob bouncing as she does. Star turns to walk away but the girl tugs on her sleeve, causing her to turn back and tilt her head in question. The patient motions for Star to come closer so she can whisper something to her. Just as Star leans towards her, the girl plants a quick kiss on her check before giggling as she pulls away.

 

Star smiles and laughs along, touching her cheek in slight shock. "What was that for?" She asks and she playfully nudges the kid's knee.

 

"Yoongi samchun told me to," she says. Byeolbit rolls her eyes at that boy's childishness. She bends down so that she is face to face with Yoongi's niece and whispers, telling her to punch his arm in return. The girl giggles again and nods as Star confidentially places a finger to her lips, saying to keep it a secret between them.

 

She walks towards the door, still waving at the girl and nearly bumps into someone. "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" She exclaims when she realises that she nearly spilled the hot drink in that person's hand. She checks the floor to make sure nothing spilled then raises her gaze to the man again.

 

"Sorry about tha-" she stops midsentence and she finds that the man is holding in a laugh. She narrows her eyes and folds her arms over her file.

 

"What's so funny, huh?"

 

"Still as clumsy as ever," Suga replies, shaking his head. "Last time you knocked into the deco at the wedding and nearly toppled it over!" He laughs at the memory. 

 

Byeolbit furrows her eyebrows in confusion. What in the world was he talking about? Then she remembers her parents saying that they met once, at her cousin's wedding. She rolls her eyes at Suga and pushes him out of the way while saying, "You can leave once her prescription comes in."

 

Yoongi nods and walks away. Somehow, Byeolbit finds that she's unable to peel his gaze away from him. So she watches as he walks to the bed, places the cup of hot cocoa on the table, then swoops down to pick his niece up into his arms. A small smile finds its way to her lips as she sees the girl playfully punch Suga's arm.

 

Suga seems slightly startled but laughs when the girl leans to his ear and whispers something b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter