// DRUNK

// CRUSH

// DRUNK

 

 

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” –Bernard M

 

 

Flashback

1 hour before

 

 

“YOU DIDN’T CRY WHEN YOU FALL DOWN THE STAIRS! THIS IS NOT RIGHT. IM YOONA!” Jessica complained, frustrated with the sudden burst of emotion coming from her favorite dongsaeng.

 

Yoona’s tears rolled down naturally, beautifully.

 

“Yah, you little rascal.” Jessica punched the younger girl’s thigh. “Stop making me guilty.”

 

“I’m going to cry for one litre of tears.” Yoona finally said. “Because Yuri is just too far from my reach.”

 

“........” Jessica’s eyes bulged.

 

“She is like... The Queen.” Yoona’s fragile voice trailed off. “And I’m like…Shrek.”

 

Jessica crossed her arms after a big sigh. “Yah. If you are Shrek, then the rest of the world’s bunch of donkeys.”

 

“I know she’s far beyond my level.” Yoona shrugged her unnie off. “What you did was right, unnie... To break my heart right from the start. Now I’m just waiting for Yuri and nephew-sama to go on a date.”

 

“Okay this is my fault for uh,” Jessica ran a hand though her hair, “That wasn’t really my fault—but since I love you so much I’ll say that it was my fault.”

 

Yoona stood by the big airport window, trying to convey as many emotions as dramatic as possible. “It’s not your fault unnie, the fault is on me for falling for her. The fault is in the stars.”

 

“Aigoo Im Yoona!” The unnie knocked her dongsaeng’s head off, trying to get the sense back. “You REALLY like that girl, huh?”

 

 

 

Bali, Indonesia

 

Ayana Resort

Deluxe Ocean View Room

 

 

“Unnieeeeee...! I don’t think I need more clothes.” Yoona whined, looking at her reflection. “But I’m starting to lose my confidence because of your stare. You’re looking at me like I’m Optimus Prime who got lost in this room.”

 

“Yoona, as your unnie I am so glad you finally realized that. You do need better clothes.” Jessica went to where Yoona put her small luggage and kicked the thing out of the blue. “Look what you’re wearing. A hoodie that mask your head and a simple hotpants and sandals. Flip flops.”

 

Yoona placed a hand inside her pocket. “Shouldn’t it be better if I dress the way as how it’s always been?”

 

“That is stupid and a big ignorance! Why don’t you present your best for this special someone if you can?”

 

“... Alright. That’s logical.” Yoona looked at her unnie, expecting her to be a savior (while ignoring the kicking accident she just saw). The two exchanged a long stare.

 

Jessica broke the silence. “Don’t even think about borrowing my clothes because all of them will reveal your navel.”

 

Pouting, Yoona kept on staring like a lost puppy.

 

“You are damn long, Yoona. And I honestly think Yuri doesn’t want to see your navel.”

 

Yoona picked up a white shirt from Jessica’s luggage. “What about this?”

 

Sica raised an eyebrow. “That top is the best for big melon size. Sorry darling.”

 

“What a big discrimination.” Yoona murmured, hugging herself. “Then we should really go shopping.”

 

“Oh that’s my first priority here.” Jessica smirked, and then dropped herself to the comfortable sofa, after making sure Yoona wouldn’t wear any of her ‘revealing’ clothes.

 

“I mean like right now?” Yoona pleaded. “Pretty please?”

 

The Mao Mao glared. “What? Right now? Are you in your right mind?”

 

 

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

Incheon Airport

7 hours before

 

 

“So, Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon turned to Jessica, wondering how did the stranger know about her name.

 

“You... are single.”

 

It was a question, and blankly, Taeyeon nodded.

 

Jessica sighed and pulled down her sunglasses, completely making Kim Taeyeon go haywire, mesmerized by the revelation behind the dark aviator.

 

“What do you say if...” Jessica bit her lower lips with a slight frown. “We... Get to know each other?”

 

Damn you, Yoona.

 

And Oh God, only a blind person couldn’t be captivated by Jessica’s small, sensuous thin lips—and the way she locked her gaze upon Taeyeon, it was like she was being in the highest level of the sky with the vast, enormous beautiful scenery to look at.

 

“I—I. O-okay.” Taeyeon gasped, blushing. “I’m really flattered by your confession, but you should tell me your name first, don’t you think so?”

 

“Jessica.” She offered her hand to the later. “Just call me Jessica.”

 

“Kim Taeyeon.” Smiled the oblivious girl. “Your family name?”

 

“You don’t need to know my family name.”

 

“But aren’t we supposed to get to know each other?”

 

Jessica wiped the sweat off her shining forehead. Truth was, because of her past experience, she never told her one-night stand partner about her family name. Some of them tried to visit her home (though she never really told them). They tracked her home because they knew the full name.

 

And the queen here was thinking of ditching Kim Taeyeon off the list soon as Yoona managed to deal with Yuri.

 

“So I’m taking this as a yes?” Jessica confirmed, ignoring Taeyeon’s question.

 

“I need to think because I have someone who also confessed to me earlier...”

 

Jessica frowned. As much as she fake the things, she never really liked being the second priority. “But I don’t like being taken as an option. Besides, that girl is my friend and she’s having a crush for somebody else. She was practicing in the toilet and you happened to be inside. Accidentally.”

 

Kim Taeyeon winced, surprised by the sudden honesty coming from the beautiful girl. Her cheeks soared red.

Jessica cleared . “Take me, or leave me. Smart ones know which to pick.”

And gosh, that was the first time Jung Jessica ever said that line. She felt embarrassed all the sudden. Still, she tried her best to look composed and cool.

 

Kim Taeyeon ducked her head, looking cute. “Since you’re cuter than the previous one...”

Jessica studied the other girl’s face, and noticed the blush and embarrassments in Taeyeon’s eyes. She found her 1% cuter than before.

 

The blushing girl covered her whole face, fidgeting on her seat. “Gosh I’m so gay!”

 

Jessica choked. “Hey hey can you please not think out loud about that stuff?”

 

 

 

Bali, Indonesia

 

Ayana Resort

Deluxe Ocean View Room

 

 

“I will treat you a meal. A nice meal.” Yoona smiled goofily, still trying to persuade the Leopard Queen. “And I will give you one Ray ban limited aviator.”

 

“Okay. Deal. Let’s go.” Sica stood up and walked towards the door. “Where should we go shop for your clothes?”

 

Yoona was mute for good. Truthfully, she didn’t have any idea where to shop in Bali. This was her first time coming here.

 

“Okay let’s google this Legian area.” Jessica didn’t look happy by what came out. “Volcom, Quiksilver, Billabong... What the.

This can’t be true. We are not turning into surfer girls.”

 

“What?” Yoona innocently asked.

 

“Sheesh, never mind. Go out first, think later.” Jessica threw her iPad back to bed while walking to grab the doorknob. “Okay let’s go—“ The Mao Mao stopped abruptly, leaving the door opened for a second before she closed it in a flash. She whispered in a high pitched voice: “Your crush is just outside this door!” She looked at her dongsaeng from head to toe. “What to do?”

 

“She’s OUTSIDE?” Yoona’s eyes widened. “Alone? This is my chance!”

 

Jessica stared at Yoona. “But Taeyeon’s with her.”

 

“WHAT!” Yoona ruffled her hair.

 

“You heard me.” Jessica humph-ed, looking at her nails.

 

“Then you have to help me. Unnie.” Yoona wiggled her eyebrows to her favorite senior. “Please?”

 

Jessica stared at Yoona stoically. The dongsaeng started attacking with her cutest aegyos. “Geeeez. Okay okay!” Jessica hit Yoona’s head. “You sure you wanna go after her? After knowing how freaking rich she is? She could be a biyaj or worst, a doujbag?”

 

“My heart tells me she’s an angel disguised in a lion’s skin.” Yoona nodded like a happy little puppy.

 

“Nuts!” Jessica’s dolphin voice echoed.

 

“This is not going nuts,” Yoona explained. “This is determination of a heart!”

 

“Damn I can’t act.” Jessica rubbed her forehead before she went out of the door and did what she had to do. Thing was, when Yoona made up her mind, nothing was ever going to stop her. Maybe not even death.

 

Yoona leaned in on the wall just an inch from the opened door. She heard Jessica’s voice.

 

“Kim Taeyeon. I need to talk.”

 

 “Huh?” Came the girl’s respond.

 

“We need to talk. Now. Follow me.”

 

“But—what about Yuri?”

 

“No buts. You have to spend your time with me. ONLY ME.” Jessica Jung dragged Kim Taeyeon out of the corridor, being a knight in shining armour for her favorite dongsaeng.

 

After some seconds later, Yoona came out of the room, walked towards the lift, and stopped in silence near confused-looking-Yuri. She thanked God for arranging their room just some meters away from the lift.

 

 

Inside the lift

 

 

No one talked.

 

Yuri glanced at the person beside her, from head to toe.

 

“Umm. Hi.” Yoona mustered up her courage by imagining herself that she was wearing a very classy and cool blue blazer with white jeans, nice hair and nice smile (with shiny milky skin) and a pair of amazing Gucci work shoes. While in reality, she was actually wearing normal sandals with Abercrombie hoodie and hot pants, looking super carefree... and tomboy-ish. Honestly, this is how she usually dressed like.

 

“Hi.” Yuri replied back.

 

It was silent again, so Yoona braved herself another question. “Going somewhere?”

 

Yuri turned to Yoona and nodded.

 

“...The Rock Bar?”

 

Yuri shook her head.

 

“Shopping...?”

 

“No.”

 

Yoona ducked her head, wondering if she should continue talking like this.

 

“The ocean beach pool.” Yuri answered, breaking Yoona’s train of praise for her. “You?”

 

“Me...?” Yoona finally committed her first sin of the year. “I’m going to the beach too!”

 

Boy oh boy, Im Yoona was so happy she got to talk to Yuri she wanted to jump inside the lift. And to think that she’d be able to go to the beach together with her crush.

 

 

Ocean Beach Pool

06:00 pm

 

 

“You came alone! Does that mean this is our date?”

 

Yoona paused to watch the scene of Yuri and a tall-looking hunky muscly guy. “...Your type is muscly people?” She walked closer to where Yuri stood, hoping to know more about the situation. Slash that, she just wanted to know everything—any single thing about her crush.

 

Yuri seemed to cross her arms and shook her head gracefully. “Nope. My friend is coming with me.”

 

“Friend? Where?” The HULK looked around, and spotted Yoona. Our protagonist’s eyes and the hulk met for a brief moment.

“You’re with her?” He asked.

 

Yoona gulped. Yuri was about to turn around and face her. It happened like a slow motion, where everything was blurred and the only focus was on Yuri.

 

Yoona went nuts. She was 100% sure Jessica wouldn’t let Taeyeon go in any minute, and Yuri was waiting for the midget to come.

 

Fate, is this another chance?

 

The wind was blowing and Yuri’s hair was in a perfect rhythm with the breeze. That moment their eyes locked into another.

Yuri turned to the hulk and said, “Nah, she’s underage.” Yuri glanced back at Yoona. “I think.”

 

Wait, did she just say that I’m underage? Me? UNDERAGE?

 

Yoona went to where Yuri was, and just like in a romance movie, she firmly grabbed the confused-looking princess waiting for her knight and lead the way. She made sure they were far enough from the HULK to not hear anything.

 

Kwon Yuri glanced at Yoona. “Yah hoobae, shouldn’t you be more polite to me? I think I’m older than you.”

 

“Excuse me, but may I know how young are you?” Yoona asked back, finally stopping her steps.

 

Yuri made a face of ‘Duh, I’m 26’.

 

“Same goes with me.” Yoona smirked haughtily.

 

“What? You’re lying.” The chaebol frowned, pointing her finger to Yoona’s body. “You look like a choding.”

 

Did she just point at my chest? Or she meant my face...? Oh God is this a compliment or an insult?!

 

Yoona was having a hard time deciphering Yuri’s line. She cleared . “I have a figure of a young adult.” She explained. “I might look very young, but I’m 26 years old.”

 

Yuri looked like she heard a joke.

 

Blushing, but still, Yoona didn’t want to look bad. It seemed like every smart lines Yoona has heard or noted in her mind vanished into thin air. “You can’t tell? I’m super strong. Don’t judge me by my lean figure.”

 

Yuri placed a finger on her chin, seemed to be thinking.

 

“I’m strong enough to carry you.” Yoona showed up some muscle behind her hoodie.

 

Then she heard a low chuckle, coming from Yuri. “People tend to show off their properties, cars and money to me. You, on the other hand, was showing off your invisible muscles.” The chaebol gave an approving smirk. “Quite amusing.”

 

Yoona’s eyes danced in excitement. “I’m not a millionaire, but I’m almost perfect.”

 

Kwon Yuri replied with a smirk.

 

“So, are you coming with me inside, then?” Yoona confirmed, offering a hand to Yuri, grinning happily.

 

Yuri played hard to get. “Do I need to link arms with you?”

 

“Yes.” The happy go merry Yoona nodded.

 

“Why should I?”

 

“Because I’m your partner for this event.”

 

“Hmm.” Yuri raised an eyebrow. “I’m not sure if I should go with you... We only talked inside the lift. Who knows, you might be a serial killer.”

 

Yoona flashed her name card. “Im Yoona, Vice General Manager from Selle Royale. Pleased to meet you, my lady.”

 

Yuri took the card and scanned it for awhile before she made the decision.

 

“Should anything happen to you, you can look for me.” Yoona assured.  “Not a single hair of you shall go down without my permission.”

 

“Hmph,” Smirking, Yuri gave her hand to Yoona. “You grinned too often for a stranger. Let’s go.”

 

 

Socialite Gathering Event

 

 

“So I take it that you like girls?”

 

It was like a dream come true for Im Yoona, to be walking side by side with a gorgeous girl like Kwon Yuri. She thought Yuri would be the kind of shy girl, maybe a little bit fragile that needs to be protected. But reality was far from that.

 

Smiling in surprise, she peeked at the blunt girl beside her, eyes wide. “Are you always this blunt?”

 

“Yes, I am.” Yuri was wearing a perfect loop sided smile. Yoona couldn’t help but to stare in awe.

 

“Why do you like girls?” Yuri subtly raised one eyebrow, and looked deep into Yoona’s eyes.

 

“Did I say that I like girls?” Yoona asked back, still smiling.  She stared down at Yuri’s slightly parted lips, wondering how could

the color be that captivating.

 

“Well, that...” Yuri’s voice trailed off. “Is obvious. Who would have stalked a pretty lady from a distance, if you’re not into her?”

 

“I stalked?” Yoona’s mouth dropped.

 

“You did.” Yuri nodded. “You keep stealing glances at me too.”

 

Kwon Yuri stopped walking all of a sudden. She breathed and stood in front of the speechless Yoona, placing both her hands on Yoona’s jaw. “If you want to look at me, then stare at me this way. No need to steal glances so often.”

 

“What do you mean so often?” Embarrassed, Yoona put on a frown to keep her pride. “I only glanced at you twice tonight.”

 

Twice?” With that, Yuri laughed and released her grip from Yoona. Yoona’s face stayed deadpanned, as she was lost in Yuri’s gaze. “I counted since the first time our eyes met. And twice is an understatement.”

 

Kwon Yuri looked at a certain spot, Yoona noticed. And within moments, Yoona realized that she was addicted to Yuri. To her smile, to her glance, to her eyes. She just had to look back at her and stared at that beautiful face.

 

Yuri glanced at Yoona. “Taeyeon is back. Sorry, I should be going now.”

 

Yoona kept staring at Yuri, taking in as much of her as she could, but it felt like there would never be enough.

 

“Bye.” Yuri waved and dived into the crowd with a grin. “Stop staring.”

 

 

Ayana Resort

Lobby

9 am

 

 

Jung Jessica was never really a morning person.

 

Every free time she had, she’d spent it for sleep or to hang out with Krystal and Yoona. Yesterday night wasn’t an exception.

She wore her favorite Ray ban shades to cover up her bloodshot eyes.

 

Truth was, Yoona kept talking about Yuri this and Yuri that all night long until 4 am at dawn. Even in her dream, Jessica believed that Yoona was dreaming about the chaebol.

 

“Sheesh.”

 

The Jung looked around and noticed that most of her colleagues were here, except for the boss’ group, and yes, including Yuri. Yoona was having conversation with Nicole, someone who adored Yoona like she was a Goddess.

 

Jessica studied the girl. She knew she always gave small hints to Yoona to start ‘something’ between them, but thankfully, Yoona, her favorite dongsaeng, never answered the call off working hours.

 

Jessica lightly taps her chest, suddenly feeling thankful to God. If Yoona were going to be in a relationship, Jessica only wished the best one for her. Nothing less, but as best as a girl could be.

 

Yoona, her dongsaeng, is super faithful, she has a kind heart (sometimes Jessica even called her Mother Theresa), she didn’t boast things she had and she was never a doujbag (she wouldn’t judge you like others would). She never took someone for granted nor did she give false hopes.

 

Honest, loyal, family-centered girl. What else could you ask for? You could never ask for a prettier face than Yoona, could you?

 

Yoona had her own apartment in Gangnam, owns a car and has savings. She IS perfect. The Jung nodded and giggled to herself. Her dongsaeng was just almost—too perfect.

 

The only flaw she had—might be her preference. Well, for those judgmental people of course. For Jessica, it didn’t count as a flaw. Being different doesn’t mean it’s a flaw. She appreciated Yoona the way she has always been.

 

Yoona, on the other hand, appeared cool and aloof this morning.

 

She was perfectly simple with dark blue skinny jeans, blue and white colored flannel shirt with white tank top. She had the buttons up only halfway, showing off the perfect collarbone.

 

Nicole was evidently going gaga over Yoona it was so obvious anyone would say “Meh.”

 

There were murmurs and whispers, and at that instant, Yoona knew who was coming.

 

She stopped talking to Nicole and the rest of her friends, just to stare and appreciate the girl in white. Jessica placed a hand on Yoona’s shoulder.

 

The chairman of Selle Royale and HAYES were on the first wave, seeming to have a good talk themselves. Some meters behind, Yuri and Kim Taeyeon were spotted talking to each others, followed by Kim Soo Hyun.

 

Jessica nudged Yoona’s hand.

 

Yoona was unflinching. Yuri was dazzling in her white loosened T-shirts with black tank top inside, her sleeves rolled up, boasting her perfect tanned skin. 

 

“I didn’t look that hot when I wear my hot pants?”

 

Yoona heard Nicole’s comment and smiled.

 

Then, like the previous time, she somehow managed to hear bits of Yuri’s special investigation attire report again. They (the girls) seemed to have developed a habit of counting Yuri’s full attire cost.

 

“Yah yah, see her watch!”

 

Yoona gulped.

 

“Cartier, Ballon Blanc series!”

 

“How- how much?!”

 

The girl looked wary before she said, “Should be around $39.900 USD.”

 

“Yesterday she was wearing a Fendi bag as expensive as her cartier watch... I can’t imagine how much is her bag for today.”

 

“Can I tell you then?”

 

“Oh gosh! Let me prepare my heart and soul!”

 

“Okay, so her bag today is... Wait, I think she’s wearing all set cartier accessories? Her earrings, her pendant... her watch...”

 

“How do you know they’re all Cartier?”

 

“Because I’ve been saving a year to buy one of the jewelries!”

 

“Gasp.”

 

“Her earrings is a 18K carat pink gold that cost $2.550 USD and that pendant! Cost around $1.360 USD.”

 

“Gosh, I wish I’m as rich as she is.”

 

“Hermes belt.”

 

“Please don’t tell me the price.”

 

“Hermes court shoes. And her BAG—a Phyton Celine tie bag. It’s evidently above $6.400.”

 

“So her attire today cost around $50.000?! Do you even wonder if she baths in money?”

 

 

Ocean Beach Pool

5 pm

 

 

Jessica’s eyes were glued to the beautiful sunset near the infamous swimming pool. “Ah, its so humid here I wanted to go back to our room and sleep but the view is too beautiful.”

 

“This place is so romantic…” Nicole added before she glanced at Yoona. Her smile disappeared when she noticed that Yoona’s attention was solely on the food she brought.

 

“I’d like to visit here next time with my boyfriend.” Jessica spooned the ice cream, ignoring Nicole’s obvious-adoring-session.

 

It was suddenlt quiet as Yoona was munching her new love—Pia Legong and Pia Susu—Bali’s infamous snacks, and Jessica was being Jessica as usual, so Nicole tried to bring up another topic.

 

“The girls are gossiping about Lee Jong Suk sunbae’s hickey last night.”

 

Yoona’s eyebrow joined into one line. “He did?”

 

Nicole nodded eagerly. Yoona finally responded to her. “I saw it too!”

 

“He must have gone to the club last night.” Jessica added.

 

“This is seriously the best traditional pie I ever tasted.” Yoona changed the topic. “Pie Iee gong... Wait, Pia Legong.”

 

“Tae Gong Shil?” Jessica grinned and then laughed. She was referring to a drama they loved, “Master’s Sun”. She knew her dongsaeng well. Yoona didn’t like to barge into other people’s life. She avoid gossip as much as she could.

 

“Lame joke!” Yoona responded, but Sica’s joke managed to crack a wide smile on her face. “And this one is sooo nice, its called pia susu.”

 

“Can I try a bite?” Nicole asked, full of hope. She was hoping for an indirect kiss with Yoona.

 

Grinning, Sica muttered to herself. “It must be good since WE SPENT ALL OF OUR MORNING TIME JUST TO GET YOU THAT.”

 

Yoona took something from her hoodie pocket and hand it over to the junior. “Here,” She said, oblivious to Nicole’s secret wish.

 

Jessica watched the two until she saw something interesting.

 

“But I just want a small bite...” Nicole frowned in disappointment.

 

“It’s okay! Since this is so good I’m willing to give you a piece.” Yoona smiled. “Yah, I need to buy lots of this before we go back to Korea…”

 

Jessica had stopped walking to observe the scenery nearby. If her eyes weren’t tricking or making illusions, she was sure that

 

Kwon Yuri was swimming in the beach pool.

 

And the sunset... their view was magnificent. It was a matter of time before Yoona realize this. Jessica studied Yoona, as her mind calculated how many steps left she’d reached the corner area of the pool.

 

Something crossed her mind.

 

Well, she admitted it was rather cruel and downright mean, but she was sure Yoona would be grateful later.

 

Okay Jessica, you are about to do something embarrassing to Yoona and you aren’t going to regret this later. You will escape with Nicole as soon as the mission is finished.

 

The Jung took her position as if she was about to run a marathon race. She counted from one to three before she ran to where Yoona was, and—

 

I’m so sorry Yoona ya, but you will thank me later for this!

 

With that, Jessica Jung, half-heartedly knocked Yoona—her favorite dongsaeng of all time— off to the beautiful swimming pool.

 

 

SPLASH

 

 

Screaming more to herself for ACTUALLY doing that, Jessica Jung ran to grab Nicole’s wrist and escaped to the entrance nearby, leaving Yoona who was 100% shocked alone inside the pool, gaining all attention from the others.

 

Yuri wasn’t an exception.

 

It was a big adrenaline rush for Yoona. She felt really jittery, and couldn't really tell where the bottom was. She tried to kick hard enough to go up the surface, while trying to figure out how the hell did she end up in the pool.

 

She tried to reminisce but she could only remember about Jessica’s dolphin scene echoed before she was pushed to the pool.

 

The bad news was, her snacks were scattered all over the water. All eyes were on her.

 

And, the worst of all, Kwon Yuri was in the same pool—mesmerizing, enchanting with the wet hair and the slightly parted lips.

Yoona’s sense of direction was gone that instant.  She didn’t make any progress but bobbing vertically in the water.

 

Yuri, noticing that Yoona wasn’t goofing around inside the pool, marched with butterfly that mesmerized the whole audience. She placed her arms around Yoona’s waist. “Hey, don’t lose your consciousness.”

 

Yoona’s head was submerged in the water to only briefly coming out before going under again. Yuri thought that Yoona might not have enough oxygen to call out—or even to smile.

 

Yuri made sure she grabbed Yoona’s wrist and took her to the corner. She lightly tapped Yoona’s pale cheek. “Yah. You alive?”

Yoona wasn’t able to gather her voice. She could only look at Yuri without much strength.

 

“Hey...” Kwon Yuri looked worried as she placed Yoona in sleeping position.

 

People gathered and some decided to call for the concierge. Yuri kept on observing the pale figure until Yoona coughed some water out of her lungs.

 

“Good. It’s not cool to die in the beautiful swimming pool.”

 

Yoona’s head was spinning, her breathing was short. She never had a drowning experience before. Swimming wasn’t really her attractive point and in almost all movies she had ever seen or books she ever read, when a person was supposedly drowning, there were lots of thrashing around, calling and waving for help, and other panicky behaviors, but reality was completely different from what she expected.

 

She couldn’t even speak or anything.

 

Yoona flushed, her eyes darted to Yuri. “Aih.” She grabbed her temple, feeling unwell and super embarrassed.

 

Looking so fragile in front of your crush was... unbearably painful. For Yoona, it was really an embarrassing accident.

 

 

Deluxe Ocean View Room

7 pm

 

 

It took about 20 minutes to stop Yoona shivering from the drowning incident. She was covered in thick blanket and refused to talk to the older girl for almost an hour.

 

“You should have stayed unconscious so that she’ll give you CPR.”

 

“If I wanted to kiss her, I’d take it in a straight way, okay?” Angry Yoona snapped back.

 

Jessica only stared back at her.

 

“I’m not as Slytherin as you, okay?”

 

“Yeah you’re a Gryffindor, huh?” Jessica sat down next to the angry girl. “You know what, I feel sorry for you.”

 

Yoona frowned, looking offended from her senior’s choice of words.

 

“I just felt like a trash now. You knocked me in the pool and my crush in there, looking at me in my most humiliating state.”

 

Jessica repressed her smile because her dongsaeng seemed seriously upset.

 

“I’m so screwed.” She heard Yoona muttered. “How can I face my crush now. My pie susu, my pie legong, they were all scattered around the pool. I have no pride to go out.”

 

“Yah yah, let’s go.” The Jung pulled Yoona’s hand.

 

“Go where?” Yoona pulled her hand back inside the blanket. “I’ have not forgiven you yet.”

 

“Okay I’m sorry for what I’ve done.” Jessica lightly nudged Yoona’s arm. “ I’m not sure why but my heart told me to do that.”

 

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. “Excuse me, you have no heart unnie.”

 

Jessica kicked Yoona’s blanket .“You are the maknae so you have to forgive me when I said so. Now let’s go!”

 

“No!”

 

“Let’s go! Let’s relieve your depression. I know a cool place.”

 

 

20 minutes and 21 seconds later

 

Ayana Resort
Rock Bar

 

 

 “I AM SO ASHAMED OF MYSELF.”

 

Yoona, who started to lose her sanity, began talking. This was her third glass of cocktails. She sipped another gulp of Rock My World ((Vodka, Grand Marnier, Pineapple Juice, Grapefruit Juice, Fresh Orange)) and glared at the person beside her.

 

“Manager sunbae nimmmm.” She punched his shoulder. “I looked totally uncool in front of my crush. Can you imagine my pain?”

 

Lee Jong Suk goofily smiled and nodded to the drunk girl. “Did you really?”

 

“Sica unnie pushed me off to the swimming pool... Then I looked like a peeping tom... or was it a stupid frog not knowing how to swim... *hiccup*” Yoona leaned on the table. “She was so beautiful while swimming... Oh dear Lord. Now I feel like a trash.”

Yoona pouted. “Manager sunbae nim, please comfort my heart.”

 

“I wish I could, Yoona.” He said in a low voice, hoping Seulong would think that Yoona was 100% drunk for actually addressing her crush as a girl. It wouldn’t be good for Yoona’s image later.

 

“Raising my salary, you could, you could.” Yoona patted her manager’s head with a smirk.

 

The manager heaved a sigh. “Yah. Even when you’re drunk you think about money?”

 

“At least I’m better than you. You’ve got hickeys all around your neck, sunbaeniiiiiim.” Yoona giggled. “Oops. I shouldn’t have said that.”

 

Lee Jong Suk almost choked. “Was it that visible?”

 

“Are you kidding me?” Yoona’s voice was haughty. “I heard veryone knows about your hickey.”

 

Head manager of SELLE ROYALE was tongue tied.

 

“Be more discreet sunbae… Aigoo ya…! But its okay sunbae, at least they don’t know who did it to you,” Yoona casted an evil smile. “MWEHEHEHE.”

 

Jong Suk was still speechless when Seulong called out to him. “Hyung! I think Sica’s going nuts. Can you help me with my insurance of health later?”

 

“What?” He asked, not getting the idea. What’s the point with Jessica and his health insurance?”

 

“In case she did something terrible with me, like pushing me off the cliff or something?” Seulong looked wary. “She’s unpredictably scary.”

 

Mr. Head manager face palmed. “You think Yoona isn’t drunk? You take care of your own body.”

 

“Seulong yaa~” Jessica called out, and then in a second her smile faded to a sad one. “I ASKED A GIRL OUT BECAUSE OF MY DONGSAENG HERE IS SO PITIFULL.”

 

“...See? She’s drunk.” Seulong whispered to Jong Suk. “She talks nonsense!”

 

“I’d rather say that they are drunk.” He nodded.

 

“OH! I got a phone call.” Jessica picked it up. “Oh, hi my lovely ugly kidsaeng.... WHAT? I’m not drunk, Soo Jung ya. You dumb. Hm? I don’t really miss you since I have my other dongsaeng here. Yeah I’m having fun. So much fun I EVEN GO OUT WITH A GIRL. I’m a little bit drunk. Can I hang up now? I suddenly saw many cucumbers around. Bye, Jung Soo Jung.” Jessica ended the phone by throwing her mobile phone into the ocean.

 

The guys gawked.

 

Lee Jong Suk went to the bridge to scan if the phone was really swimming in the ocean. “You stay here and look after them, ok? Don’t let them throw their clothes off.”

 

“Got it boss.” Seulong answered, then lightly punched Yoona’s arm. “You have to stay cool when your unnie go crazy.”

 

Yoona was the only one laughing out loud. “She thought her phone was Pokeball, huh?”

 

“Poke... what?” Seulong was oblivious.

 

“She threw it like she threw a pokeball,” Yoona’s laughter echoed. “Stupid!”

 

“OK! Let us march now.” Jessica stood up from her seat, looking mighty. “Let us go!” The Queen pulled Yoona’s collar and

dragged her out of the bar area.

 

“Wait wait, where are you going? You are drunk!” Seulong tried to block the two girls.

 

“You move aside or I kill you.” Jessica said with a smile.

 

“No way!” He didn’t back off. How could a gentleman let two girls in their drunk state to wander alone? “You’re not in your right minds. Listen to me.”

 

“You are not in any position to order me around.” Jessica pushed the innocent Seulong. “I am perfectly fine. If you don’t move away I will kick... That.”

 

Seulong stared at the area Jessica was referring to. “WHAT? NO. NOT THERE.”

 

“Yes. There.” The queen nodded with a wicked grin. “Now move away, I’m going to fix something with Yoona. Let’s go Yoona ya~ TO WHERE YOUR HEART IS!”

 

 

10 minutes later

Ocean View Suite

 

 

Jessica ended up dragging Yoona in front of a room—Yuri’s room. While Yoona dropped herself to the carpet, Jessica continued on her mission. She knocked on the door as if the world’s going to collide soon.

 

“Hello! Open the door please~”

 

No answer was heard.

 

Jessica didn’t stop. “Knock knock! Uh, Yoona it seems like your girlfriend is not inside? I keep knocking her door and you will knock her heart, okay?!”

 

“Okay.” Yoona nodded, happy to hear the girlfriend thingy. “I’m very positive about my feelings. My heart tells me she’s inside.”

Jessica then dropped herself next to Yoona, grinning. “Yah. You really do like her, huh?”

 

Yoona pursed her lips and nodded.

 

Jessica kicked Yoona’s leg. “What if she’s with another guy inside?”

 

Yoona looked ugly. Jessica laughed.

 

“What if Taeyeon is inside?!”

 

Yoona only threw a glare. “Then it’s your job to kidnap her.”

 

“What if she won’t acknowledge your feelings?” Sica’s voice had gotten softer when she asked about this. She was really afraid of Yoona’s feelings. What if she got rejected? What if she got humiliated?

 

“We won’t know unless I tried, right?”

 

Smiling, the older girl decided to stand up. “Okay, I’m going back to our room. See you there.”

 

Jessica knocked for the last time before she walked away, leaving Yoona alone.

 

Yoona was deep in thoughts. Do everything to win her over. Let’s go Yoona, let’s go.

 

And a second later, there was a sound of a door being opened. Kwon Yuri opened the door, but no one was present. She tried peeking around and found someone smiling, sitting on the carpet.

 

She slowly went to where Yoona sat down. Her smile was still there as she trailed Yuri’s figure getting closer and closer.

“I think I’m in a museum.”

 

“You are drunk.” Yuri said, smelling the rack of alcohol coming from Yoona.

 

“I’m not drunk!“

 

Yuri crossed both her arms, looking worried. “You should go back to your room.”

 

Yoona stood up, slowly but surely. “Hi...” she smiled, blushing prettily. “Um, I would like to shake your hand but that sign says not to touch the masterpiece...”

 

The chaebol covered to stop herself from laughing. “Sign...?”

 

“Those signs...” Yoona pointed at Yuri’s attire.

 

Yuri let a small chuckle out while shaking her head. Yoona was talking about how she wore the branded stuff to distinguish herself.  Those were the ‘signs’ Yoona was referring to. “What do you want from me? You should go back to your room and rest. Museum is closed.”

 

“Nooooo. I wanted to see you.” And in a second Yoona was leaning on the wall, slowly losing her composure. “Uh, wait there’s a huge earthquake here.”

 

“Your legs are getting weak.” Yuri mumbled, bending down her knee so that her eye level was the same with the fragile drunken Yoona.

 

“I’m having an earthquake,” Yoona start to hiccup. She placed her hand on her chest. “Earthquake here. Because. You.” Her dizziness came back. “So... close. So... far. So... attractive.”

 

Yuri was speechless looking at the person beside her. And with that, the Im lost her consciousness. “Hey!” She yelled, touching Yoona’s puffy cute cheek. “Hey hey this is not funny.”

 

Yoona didn’t respond, but Yuri could hear the soft breathing of the sleeping girl. “Yah... This girl is really something.” The chaebol decided to help. “Uh, you looked so skinny but you weigh like an elephant.”

 

 

 

Seoul, South Korea

 

SELLE ROYALE Main Office Building

8 am

 

 

Yoona was loved by everyone in SELLE ROYALE.

 

Even in her favorite restaurant, inside the car, the parking lot, or wherever she went, she was loved by the people. She was, indeed—born to be loved.

 

Walking with a smile on her lips, hands on her pocket, Yoona head towards the lift. During the time, she was greeted by her colleagues, some of them bowing, some of them with smile and respect.  Life’s always been good to Yoona.

 

She stepped inside the lift and pressed the 7th floor.

 

“Good morning, Yoona sunbae.”

 

Realizing the person near her, Yoona greeted back. “Oh! Morning!”

 

“Your blazer is lovely. How was the trip to Bali?”

 

“We had so much fun, you wouldn’t believed what happened,” Yoona explained and covered , laughing.

 

“Life’s fun when unnie’s around, huh?”

 

“Yeah, that too.” Yoona calmed herself and the silence filled in. “Last night she made me drunk and I can’t remember a single thing.”

 

“She did? I thought it was a joke! I called her and she sounded so high.”

 

“Yes! Can you believe that? She caused so much trouble.”

 

The other girl was laughing. “I’m sorry for you, Yoona sunbae... You’re like a third sister to us.”

 

Yoona patted the girl’s shoulder with a smile. “Are you ready for the purchasing meeting later?”

 

“I hope I won’t cause a trouble, or trembling,”

 

Yoona casted a smile. “Believe in yourself, Soo Jung ah. You can do it!” With that, the Im pinched the junior’s cheek, cheering her up. “I know it must be hard since you just joined SELLE ROYALE, but I believe in you.”

 

“Thank you sunbae! Have fun at the board meeting later!”

 

“It can never be fun! I’m going out now, okay?” Yoona said, waving good bye to Krystal as she stepped outside the lift. “See you!”

 

 

 

Vice General Manager’s room

7th floor

 

 

 

“Excuse me, sunbae?”

 

There was a knock and Yoona looked up to the door, waiting for the person to come in.

 

“Yeah, Nicole?”

 

Honestly speaking, Yoona still had a hangover due to yesterday night’s drunk event with Jessica. She had taken a medicine to overcome the pain, and wish to take the day off, but that wouldn’t be good. She glanced at a mountain of paperwork on her desk.

 

A figure came inside and stopped right in front of Yoona’s desk. “Sunbaenim it is time for the general meeting. The boards are going to be there soon.”

 

Yoona, the Vice GM nodded, grabbed her notes, phone and went outside the room accompanied with the hoobae.

When she woke up yesterday, she was lying on the carpet just a meter from the big white bed. Yoona thought, it would have been better if she fell on the bed, hence woudn’t have to suffer from muscle pain.

 

 

Boards Meeting Room

9th Floor

09:20 am

 

 

“That’s what I’m suggesting—“ said a man with a thick moustache. “That we should postpone all the payments till the dollar goes down. The profits won’t be good.”

 

“We can’t do that. It will damage our company’s image that we have built for a long time.” Replied another man in his 40s, white hair, crossing both his arms, furrowing his eyebrows. “I don’t want SELLE ROYALE to be labelled as a coward to US dollar’s rising.”

 

“Don’t you care about saving lots of money if we do this? We can buy another huge lot in the suburb with this. You can invest them into another thing that will be fruitful.”

 

“Can you face the other vendors if you do this?” Asked the white haired man. “Jung Soo Yeon? Report to us about the company’s financial issue.”

 

“Hold on, hold on.” Said an authoritive voice.

 

Everyone in the room looked at the chairman of the board.

 

“Let us not debate further. First, we must think with a cool head about the current situation. What is the best solution we can do? If we can stomp over two mountains in one go, why stop at one?” He leaned on towards the desk. “I want to hear other’s opinion. Speak up, or you will never be heard. I know I do not hire stupid employees on SELLE ROYALE .”

People started murmurings.

 

Yoona’s eyes met Jessica’s.

 

The queen shrugged her shoulder, and rolled her eyes to the ceilings, as if to say she was really bored. Yoona grinned and put on a poker face.

 

 

11:00 am

 

 

The meeting has ended.

 

Yoona went back to her room. The phone rang just before her reached the comfortable chair. She answered the call.

“What now, unnie?”

 

“Those two are always the same. How can they be siblings when they had so many differences?”

 

Jessica was complaining about the white haired man and the thick-moustached man earlier.

 

“My ears bleed hearing them talk. Thank goodness I’m good at looking pretty though I’m sleepy. Jong Suk was holding his breath all the time too. Hahaha! He looked calmed when his uncle spoke to stop the two muggles.”

 

“Must have been hard for him because they’re his uncles.” Yoona replied, nodding. She took a bite of a cookie for little of bit sugar. “So you are Prof. Snape?”

 

“Watch your mouth! I’m the flawless Hermione.”

 

“Okay then Miss Hermione, please let me do my work because its been pilling up as high as Hagrid.”

 

Jessica was laughing for good.

 

Yoona placed the phone back. “Crazy unnie.” She studied her desk, decided what to do first. “Let’s see...”

 

Knock knock

 

“Sunbae, there is a lady who wish to meet you.”

 

Yoona heard Nicole’s voice from behind the door.

 

“Come in. What company is she from? I didn’t recall making any appointment today.”

 

“Yes, but she... Umm.”

 

Yoona stared at her junior. It wasn’t usual for the lively Nicole to stammer like this.

 

“She...?” Yoona raised an eyebrow, anticipating.

 

“She...” Nicole looked flustered before she walked closer to Yoona’s desk. “...She said she’s your... VIP?”

 

“She what?” Yoona asked back, feeling more pain on her head. The sleep she got while flying back to Korea was terrible with all her muscles aching plus Jessica’s sitting and sleeping beside her was terrible.

 

“I think it’s better if Yoona sunbae go see her now? She’s waiting in the meeting room on the right wing.”

 

 

SELLE ROYALE Main Office Building

Meeting Room#3

 

 

Yoona entered the room full of transparent glass, looking anxious. Maybe it was another prank made by her unnie, Jessica.

She soon spotted a figure sitting on the chair, looking at the sun light.

 

“Excuse me. I heard you were looking for me?” Yoona threw her greetings.

 

The figure rotated the chair, revealing a familiar pretty face. “What took you so long?”

 

Yoona was having post-autism syndrome at the moment she couldn’t speak a word. It was Kwon Yuri.

 

“You look better in office attire, I must say.” Yuri gave an approving nod.  “Anyway, accompany me to a place.”

 

“Place...?” Yoona finally find her voice.

 

“Yes.” Yuri graciously stood up, and went to the numb Yoona. “That’s what my lovers usually do.”

 

Yoona was still frozen on the spot.

 

“Aren’t you one?” Yuri puckered her lips, looking totally distracting. “Come on.”