Forgetting him was black.

Red

Jongdae's words of forgetting echoed throughout his mind for months until Kungsoo decided to put them into action. Jongin wasn't coming back. His side of the bed cold and his dresser collecting dust. But how could he forget Jongin ? He wasn't the type to party and get drunk. To drink his problems away. No he wasn't his father. He couldn't get a job. Why would he ? He was a living bank. Being the only heir of three major big companies. Two in Asia and one in America.

Before he could think again his phone rang.

"Hello ?" Kyungsoo answered without looking to see who it was. What a mistake that was.

"Kyungsoo ?"

That deep voice he could recognize anywhere.

"Kris ?"

"You finally picked up ! I've been trying to contact you for months. Why'd you change your number ?" 

Kyungsoo couldn't tell him it was to get away from him. From Jongin.

"Never mind that how have you been ? I haven't seen my little water bug in so long."

"Kris." Kyungsoo let a smile slip onto his face. Something that hasn't been there in months. "I've been okay." He lied through his teeth.

"Soo you know I can tell when you're lying. I've know you since you were 5."

"Yeah and then you left at 12 and decided to contact me 12 years later." Kyungsoo didn't mean to say that but his mouth had a mind of it's own.

"Oh Soo you know it wasn't my fault right ? We had to move to Canada. I would never leave you like that that on purpose." Kris voice was full of the sorry he was trying to say but Kyungsoo heard nothing else after "never leave you."

"Kyungsoo ? Hello ? Are you still there ?"

"A-ah yes sorry." Kyungsoo said shaking his head. Get a hold of yourself.

"How about I make up those twelve years. I know I said that the last time we talked which was almost a year ago but I mean it. We used to be best friends Soo. You were my little water bug." 

Kyungsoo laughed at that and it sounded terrible. Rough and scratchy from misuse and he hoped Kris didn't hear that.

"Let's hang out soon. How about this Friday. I'm free, are you ?"

Ahh yes Kris was always such a smooth talker. Never failing to get straight to the point.

"Yeah I'm free. Free every day." Kyungsoo said having I reason to lie. Now that Jongin- no. There is no Jongin. Jongin who ? He doesn't know any Jongs but Jongdae. Such a nice person Jongdae is.

"Oh good ! You still live in the same place ?"

"Yes." Though now thinking about it maybe he should move. Too many memories.

"Okay I'll come over Friday at 6. Then we can do whatever you want. You're still bossy as ever."

"I'm not bossy." Kyungsoo snapped

"And fiesty. I'll see you Friday. Nice talking to you again Water Bug." 

"Nice talking to you too...Phlox." And Kyungsoo quickly hung up at that.

Closing his eyes, Kyungsoo took a deep breath before he opened them. Yes it was time to forget. And the journey might be painful but maybe it would be both it in the end. Looking around the living room he couldn't help but cringe at the numerous pictures of him and Jongin. No they would have to go.

Starting this journey early, Kyungsoo got up and took all the pictures down from where they hung. He took the ones from the shelves and the ones on his night stands in his bedroom. The one in the bathroom. The ones in the hallways. He piled them all up on the table and stared at them for a moment. He then looked at the fireplace before bitting his lip. No time for backing down Kyungsoo threw a picture in the flames and watch it burn. Watch their happy faces flicker away into dark ash. He did it again and again and again until nothing was left of them. Not the memories. Not the kisses or hugs. Not the smiles. No none of that was any more. This was Kyungsoo on his road to recovery. And he'd start by painting their memories black.