Chapter 2

Behind This Feeling

Youngjae’s POV

“Ayee,Youngjae-ahh!!” shouted Himchan as he dashed into Youngjae’s classroom.

“Hyung, what are you doing here? Our lessons almost start already. Where’s Dae? ” asked Youngjae.  Daehyun and Himchan used to hang out in his class before the bell rang. It was unusual if only one of them came into his class.

“Aah, Dae? Who’s Dae?? . . . Aha! Dae..Ouh, Daehyun?? Ahaa, he’s fine... We’re totally fine,Youngjae,” said Himchan with an awkward smile. Youngjae knew this type of reaction of him.

There must be something wrong between Himchan and Daehyun, he thought to himself.

“Y-yahh! Youngjae... W-what are you looking at,huh?” asked Himchan hesitantly. Youngjae was looking towards Himchan’s eyes with a frowned look. “Youngjae-ahh... I-i know that I’m a pretty boy b-but please don’t look at me like that,” said Himchan while trying to avoid eye contact with Youngjae.

“Hmm, did you guys just have a fight, hyung? From your reaction, you must be teasing him so hard. Isn’t that right?” asked Youngjae with a smirked on his face. Himchan couldn’t believe his ears. He tried to deny it but Youngjae had caught him.

“Ye, I did made him upset a lil’ bit,” replied Himchan with a guilt. They seldom fight but if they do, it will be like ‘a never-ending war’! Himchan remembered the last time Dae didn’t talk to him for a month just because of his silly yet annoying prank. It was a good thing Youngjae was there to help them to make up.

“Mm, I knew it. Don’t worry hyung. I can handle it,” said Youngjae with a smile. He’s the only person who could persuade Daehyun. The only one who can change Dae’s mind.

“Thank you, Youngjae! I appreciate your help! Next time, why don’t you-“before he finished his word, the bell rang. Miss Shin had just arrived before Himchan could get out from Youngjae’s class.

“Kim Himchan? What are you doing here?” Miss Shin asked him. All Himchan could do was smiling like a fool. “Oh, I was uh-... Ouhh... Heyy, did I enter the wrong class?” asked Himchan as he scratched his head. Everyone was just giggling with Himchan’s attitude.

“You there, which class is this?” Himchan pointed at Youngjae and asked him purposely. “T-this is... uhmm-“before Youngjae could answered him, Miss Shin pulled Himchan’s ear and said,” That’s enough of your poor acting Himchan. Go to your class now, please,” she told him.

“Ye,ye! O-okay,okay,” replied Himchan. He rubbed his ears as soon as he leaves the room. Himchan always got into troubles no matter where he goes. “I hope you’re not going to enter in the act too, Youngjae,” said Miss Shin sarcastically.

“N-no, I won’t,” replied Youngjae. The way she looked at him and other students, it scared them till death! She rarely smile or joked with her students and because of that, she was disliked by all the students in the school.

During the lesson, Youngjae kept on thinking about Dae. He was not sure what had happened between Himchan hyung and Daehyun. He was hoping that Daehyun could share a little bit of his problems to him. Daehyun had been keeping secrets towards him lately. I wonder why? . . . He thought while tapping his pen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the bell rang, Youngjae went to Dae’s class; he hoped that Daehyun could tell him what was bothering him.  As he reached there, he found that Dae was not in the class. He tried to ask other students but none of them knew where he was. Where could he be? He rarely went out all alone during recess.

Youngjae went all over the place to search for Daehyun. Usually Dae would go to the basketball court when he felt down or depressed but he was not there either. Now, Youngjae was getting worried about Dae.  He quickly ran out from the court and went to other place.

There was only one place that he hadn’t checked yet. He was hoping that Daehyun would be in the library. He usually had his peaceful nap there instead of studying.  Before he reached the library, Youngjae saw a figure standing in the school park which was not far away from the place where he was standing. Is that Daehyun?? What is he doing here? Who is he talking to?

Youngjae’s curiosity had made him felt eager to know who he was talking to. He crept slowly towards them and hid behind the bushes. Youngjae saw Daehyun was talking to a girl and it looked like they had their own private conversations. Since he was standing far away from them, he couldn’t hear a single word from their conversations.

Ah,Youngjae! What are you doing?? It’s not right to do this! Aishh, why am I feeling so eager about this? B-but, a lil’ bit of information about them won’t hurt,ae? I just need to know if I want to help him,right? Right?? , Youngjae mumbled to himself while knocking his head.

Although he knew what he did was wrong, he couldn’t help himself. He kept on watching their moves quietly.

He saw the girl handing pink note to Daehyun. The long-black haired girl with a fair white skin was looking on the ground as she was unsure about Daehyun’s action. Dae just took the note and read the content.

What is it, Dae? Is that what I think it is?? Is it a love note? Youngjae was getting nervous. His mixed feeling had made him eager to know more about the situation.

When Daehyun finished reading the letter, he folded it and gave it back to the girl. She was shocked to see Dae giving back the letter to her. “Is she being rejected by Dae? “ Youngjae questioned himself. The girl looked like she was about to cry. Youngjae could see Daehyun’s lips were moving as he was talking about something to the girl. In a split second, he felt shocked to see what had happened. He felt that he couldn’t breathe, stunned and in a sudden, he kneeled on the ground. I-is it for real? T-this...why does this feel...? Why in a sudden it changed?...

He couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Daehyun was hugging the girl while whispering something to her ears. Youngjae’s feeling was mixed with sadness, shocked, hurt and at the same time, jealous. What’s going on between Daehyun and the girl? He couldn’t bear to know what he saw; he quietly got up and quickly ran away from them. His tears were flowing down to his cheeks, his feeling was hurt and he really didn’t know why. All he knew was, it was too late for him. It’s all over and there was no chance left...