Chapter 3

Behind This Feeling

Daehyun’s POV

Daehyun arrive a little bit late with his tangled mind. Before he could take his seat, someone just patted him so hard from behind. PANGG!!

“OUCHH!!” groaned Dae. He was in pain but it had made him snapped out to reality. He quickly turned around to see who was it and it turned out to be his classmate, Jin, who sat just next to him.

“YAHH! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!” he raged out and pushed Jin away from him. He looked very furious at him. Everyone was scared to see Daehyun’s reaction.

“H-hey! Chill out, dude! I’m sorry, okay? What’s wrong with you?” Jin asked worriedly. He was confused with Dae’s reaction. Usually Dae would just ignore him if he patted his back.

Daehyun was surprised with himself. He began to feel confused as he really didn’t know what he was thinking about. “S-sorry. I’m sorry. R-really really sorry about what I did,” he apologized. He felt really guilty about it.

“Ahh, don’t worry. I’m fine... You must be in a mess now. I get it, Dae,” replied Jin with a smile. Daehyun quickly put his bag on his desk. Then, he took his seat and leaned down.

“Are you okay?” asked Jin. He was a bit worried about Daehyun. Dae just made a long sighed and slowly covered his face with his bag. He ignored him as he didn’t want to talk about it.

Jin knew this kind of reaction. He knew that Daehyun need some privacy. Before he left him, he told something to Daehyun.

He told Dae that a pretty girl came to their class earlier, “She was looking for you, Dae. Since you came late, she told me to pass a message. She wants you to meet her in the school park during recess time.”

“Whaattt?? B-but I have other things to do during recess,” moaned Daehyun. He was thinking about meeting Youngjae during recess.

“Dae, just meet her for a while,okay? By the way, I knew that you’re going to like her though! You’re one lucky guy!” added Jin as he teased Daehyun by poking him.

The bell rang and everyone quickly took their seats. “Ehem, I better go to my place now or I’ll have trouble with Mr Jaang,” added Jin as he quickly went off to get seated. Aishh, looks like Youngjae have to wait for a while then, Daehyun said to himself. He hoped that it wouldn’t take a long time to meet that girl.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, it was recess time. Daehyun dashed out from the class and quickly went to the school park. He just wanted to end this ‘so-called-meeting’ quickly. I hope she’s there by the time I arrived, he thought to himself.

10 minutes later, he arrived at the school park. As he arrived, he saw a girl who was standing behind a tree. Is it her?? She seems to be looking for someone, said Dae to himself.  He walked slowly towards the girl and greeted her,” Uhm... hey there, girl...? ”

The long-black haired girl turned around with a smile when she saw Daehyun came. She greeted back to Dae with a bow to show her politeness and gratitude to him. “Ah, there’s no need to bow at me. It’s... kinda awkward,” said Dae with a blushed. The girl was giggling to see his red face and quickly introduced herself.

“Thank you for coming,Daehyun. I’m Park Soo Min and I’m sorry for taking your time,” she apologized. “Ah, so why do you want me to come here?” asked Dae impatiently. He really wanted to end this ‘meeting’ as soon as possible.

“Uhm... Jung Daehyun...I want to give you this...,” said Soo Min as she handed a pink note to Daehyun. Dae wasn’t surprised a bit because these kinds of things were normal to him. Many girls used to hand him a love note before.

Daehyun just took the note and read it although he knew what the content of the letter was. He didn’t want to hurt her feelings so he just pretended that he was reading it. As he finished ‘reading’ the note, he folded it and gave it back to Soo Min.

“Sorry, Soo Min,” Dae apologized. Before he could finish his words, the girl looked like she was shocked with his reaction. The tears began to fall and she was sobbing. Dae felt bad for her and he quickly hugged her in his arms, telling her that she needs to be strong to overcome the truth.

Dae whispered to her ears and said,” Sorry for making you like this, Soo Min... There’s a person that I’ve fall in love with but I can’t expressed my true feelings. Thanks to you, I’ve found my courage. I appreciated your help.”

Soo Min was shocked to hear his explanation but she wasn’t feeling regret. Instead, she felt glad that she had helped Daehyun. Although her feelings were hurt, she could still smile for Daehyun and wished him good luck.

Before Daehyun could let Soo Min go, he heard a ruffled sound came from the bushes not far away from his place. In a split second, he saw Youngjae, who was running away from them. Y-YOUNGJAE!? W-what is he doing here, he thought to himself.

“Soo Min, I-i think I better go now. Goodbye!” said Dae while rushing out from the school park. Is it really Youngjae? Arghh! Did he saw everything? He was worried about what will Youngjae thought about him. He ran as quickly as he could until he was out of breath.

He barely can breathe but he was glad that he could catch up with Youngjae. Daehyun grabbed Youngjae’s hand and tried to drag him to other place. “Yah, what are you doing?! G-get off!!” shouted Youngjae as he struggled from Daehyun to let him go.

Daehyun brought Youngjae to the back of the school compound and told Youngjae to calm down. “Youngjae! Calm down!! It’s not what you think!!” said Daehyun but Youngjae still didn’t want to hear it. He kept on struggling to get away from him. His tears began to flow down again. Youngjae was sobbing as his feelings were hurt.

Seeing Youngjae’s tears had made him realize something. He realized that they were both had the same feeling towards each other. “Youngjae... do you really mean it?” asked Daehyun while wiping the tears from Youngjae’s face.

Youngjae was still sobbing but he tried to let his true feelings out. “Stupid Dae! I was into you since our first met...b-but you didn’t even noticed about me. Not for once,dae!” added Youngjae. Daehyun was feeling even guiltier for what had happened. He tried to explain everything to Youngjae to clear this misunderstanding.

“It’s not like what you think, Youngjae. The girl and I have nothing to do... You’re the only one in my heart and I’m sorry for making you like this,” replied Daehyun as he hugged Youngjae and kissed his forehead. Youngjae was surprised; he never knew that he would be with Daehyun. All these time, he thought that it will just be a dream for being together with Dae.

As for Daehyun, he was glad that Youngjae finally knew his true feelings. He promised that he wouldn’t hide his feelings to Youngjae. They promised that; as long as they live, they want to live their life honestly...