Maturity is Overrated

I Owe You An Open Door
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's POV, 

Diver’s Seat

 

My chest tightened around my heart and my lungs. Gulping with a dry throat felt like swallowing sharp scalpel blades. The worst part of it all, was the fact that I was frozen in the position. For what seemed like forever, the pain and discomfort continuously tormented me. I was drowning in hate - hate for myself - when suddenly, he pulled me out.

"You don't have to watch it, you just have to accept it," he whispered. He held me firmly, to stop me from falling in again. Never have I ever felt so lucky to have him beside me. I just wanted to forget everything and confide my pain to him- the same guy who I was swearing and shouting at 10 minutes ago, because he was the only one who would understand. 

 

End of POV

 

Monday, 17th February

Everyday since Mr. and Mrs. Siddiqui left, Seunghyun (with the help of Jiyong of course) would have to vacuum clean, mop, dust and fix the entire house. On top of that, he had to tend the lawn and water all the plants. Every other day he would have to wash one of the two areas outside of the house. Jiyong had the a fixed responsibility to take care of the pets, including walking the dog. Washing the dishes and preparing meals was a shared responsibility. By the end of it, Seunghyun was usually too tired to do anything else.

A slight depression was starting to press on to Seunghyun. Homesickness may have been the cause of it; he wasn't sure exactly why he was feeling so down. Jiyong, on the other hand, was having a lazy day. He hadn't even washed his face, despite having to leave the house twice. Most of his morning was spent sleeping, and the rest of the day was spent talking and messaging Seungri in bed. Perhaps the fact that Jiyong had kept his relationship with Seungri a secret was creating a certain distance between the two men at home. 

Jiyong worked from 1pm to around 12pm every day after his Sunday-Monday weekend. He would drop Hyejung off at school and fall asleep again. After that, Seunghyun would wake him up and the two would work on their daily chores. After bringing Hyejung back from school, he had to get ready to go to work. Straight after work, he'd land in his bed and sleep again. Seunghyun was happy that Jiyong was at least getting sleep, if not enough free time. After getting used to the routine, Seunghyun was getting quicker and more efficient at it. His schedule usually ended by two in the afternoon. 

Therefore, from two in the afternoon to whatever time Seunghyun went to bed, he did not have so much to do. The lack of productivity in those long hours drove Seunghyun to extreme boredom. It had come to the point that he would rather clean the house from top to bottom all over again than have to face the fact that he had nothing to do. 

For Seunghyun, the perfect hobby that came to mind was writing. He had attempted to write a journal countless times before, yet there was never enough time or a proper routine to fit it in his daily life. Seunghyun sat down and wrote for hours. He started writing detailed descriptions of the country, reviewing all the new places he had seen since he arrived. He addressed his entries to a particular person, as if he was writing a letter; they started with “Dear Dido” and were signed off with his signature every time. 

8am on Thursday, 20th February

"Jiyong, can you take me to the supermarket, we need to get some groceries," Seunghyun asked from outside his roommate's bedroom. The door swung open and Jiyong looked at Seunghyun who looked back at him. There was an interesting contrast between the way they were dressed and standing. Jiyong’s hunch made him look even shorter than Seunghyun, who stood as if he was about to get on to a catwalk. 

Jiyong vs. Seunghyun
Mismatched Pyjamas vs. High-End Fashion
Barefoot vs. Designer Calf Leather Boots
Messy Hair vs. Styled Perfection
Dark Circles vs. Glowing, Smooth Skin

It was as if they belonged to different worlds. 

"Do you want to go now?" Jiyong inquired, to which he received a nod. "Okay, I'll get ready, let's go downstairs." Whilst Seunghyun was busy typing an e-mail on his phone, Jiyong was thinking of ways to explain the situation with Seungri. It wasn't until they got in the car that Jiyong finally made up his mind to tell Seunghyun the story.

 

"Seunghyun, there's something I haven't told you." Jiyong started the engine and looked at the man next to him in the passenger seat, staring at his phone.
Seunghyun gave a quick glance before answering, "yeah? what is it?"

Jiyong took a deep breath and looked at Seunghyun again, who was still typing away on his phone. "You know, the other day, with Seungri and all?" Jiyong waited for a response, but there was just silence. "Seunghyun?" He looked at Seunghyun and exhaled a puff of air through his nose. He raised his eyebrows at the other man, who was paying no attention to him. "Seunghyun, can you please put your phone down and listen?"

The said man looked at Jiyong in the eye with a clear expression of no interest, "what? Are we going to the supermarket or not?"
"I'm giving Seungri another chance.”
"What?" Seunghyun wasn't lost, "the guy you slapped?"
"Yeah, I’ve been in touch with him lately."
"Wait, what?" Seunghyun was confused, "why would you give him another chance?"
"Well, he explained wh-"

"He explained?" Seunghyun repeated the words in amusement. There was a pause in which Jiyong looked cluelessly at Seunghyun. “This is ridiculous Jiyong. He tried to screw you in some storage room and then called you a … after pretty much treating you like one. Now you're telling me that he explained why he did that."
"I didn't finish talking."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter