IS SHE ME?

Waggadoodle Swag

Whew. Let's just say that the rest of the week was.... interesting. No, I didn't go see that boy, but I know that he kept creepin' on me cuz I kept seeing him around the school totally following me and stuff. Seriously. And ever time I looked at him, I swear he teared up and ran off like a schoolgirl. Anyways, random boy aside, Chen's flirting doesn't stop. He might be worse than that other kid. Minji is worse than ever. Regardless, we're on friendly terms. However, not only is she obsessed with Chen, but she's too chicken to actually talk to him even as friends. Not that he would listen, anyways—he's just too obsessed with me. At this point, I think it's safe to assume that it's no secret that that stupid guy likes me.

Let's just get this straight. No, I don't have any interest in him or anyone else, nor have I ever. Well, there is one exception... but we'll get to that later. It's not that I'm gay or anything, cuz I'm NOT, but 90% of the guys I've known are either gross, stupid, or conceited. S—

I hear a knock at the door. I stroll lazily over to the door from my place on the couch and open the door without looking through the tiny peephole, expecting to see Minji. WHO THE—just kidding it was Minji. Who else would be at my house at 3 in the afternoon on a Saturday?

I mean, I'm popular, but not in a friendly way. More like... and idol or something. Everybody wants to meet me! Everybody wants to be my friend!

Hey,” she says as she waves timidly.

OH, FOR GOODNESS SAKES. I INVITED YOU OVER. STOP ACTING LIKE WE JUST MET.

Hi, come on in,” I say, stepping aside and gesturing inside to the couch. She takes off her shoes and we both walk over to the couch, sitting comfortably in front of the TV. Yes, I have a TV in my living room and in my bedroom. It's called convenience. I don't care if my parents are poor. I work secretly as a spy. Not really. That would be cool, though. Can you even imagine that? Duuuuuude.

Anyways.

So, what's up?” I ask Minji as she sits lightly on the edge of the couch with perfect posture.

Nothing much. Just—uh—the usual,” she replies. Her voice is so airy and soft that it sounds like a hummingbird's wings in flight. When she shifts, the couch makes a noise—you know, that sound that makes it seem like you farted but you didn't—and she practically jumps across the room out of surprise.

You can get comfortable, you know. We're friends now.” I guess.

Her eyes lit up and got all squinty. “Really?” She looks so overjoyed that she seemed on the verge of passing out.

Um. Yeah. Why else would I have invited you over to my humble abode? BECAUSE YOU'RE A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY AND I MUST ASSASSINATE YOU. Just kidding.

Yeah, girl. Like you already know, I'm pretty icy around others most of the time, but you're pretty a'ight, so I can be myself around you,” I say truthfully. Finally. I can speak the words I want to—the ones I used to. I'm free from the oppressive chains of first impressions. I CAN USE SLANG AND NOBODY WILL FREAK OUT.

Whoa. Why are you talking all weird?”

Well, so much for that, I guess.

She glances at me skeptically before turning her eyes back at her folded hands. Nonetheless, she scoots back and looks more comfortable.

Ah, never mind. It doesn't matter,” I say, disappointed that she rejected my use of slang. I guess I'm too much of a role model for people. They expect too much from me. “Anyways,” I restart, “what do you want to do?”

It's silent for a few seconds as she looks to the ceiling with a contemplative expression.

OH MY GOSH LADY JUST THINK OF SOMETHINGGGG.

I think,” she pauses.

Go on...

I want to,” she pauses again.

I sigh and open my mouth to sass her out, but before I can utter a word, she surprises me by saying,

punch baby orphans in the face.”

I roll my eyes. I should have expected this from her. Always a jokester.

Wait. No she's not.

I look at Minji, astonished that she could come up with such a brilliantly untimid thing to do on a Saturday. I almost applaud her suggestion, but just say, “Uh, what?”

She widens her eyes immediately and brings her palm to her forehead to emit the most glorious slap sound that ever hit my ears. “Did I say that out loud?”

Uh, ya.

You did.

Yup, you definitely did.” I revert to my normal speech, not caring anymore if she thinks weirdly of me.

Darn it,” she groans. “I usually keep that bottled up.”

Oh, she's a bottle, too?

Wat no I mean she has thoughts like that, too?

Wait, what?” I ask, still feeling exasperated.

She sits with furrowed eyebrows for a few seconds before she finally stretches out on the couch and puts her feet up next to my behind. “Well, you see,”

I slouch onto the back of the couch, cross my legs and arms, and wait for her reply, all the while staring her down intimidatingly—well, I think it was pretty intimidating.

On my first day at the Academy,”

Nooooo not a life story.

Hey. Don't you roll your eyes at me.

Wat. I didn't.

Yes you did. Now stop shifting your eyes around the room and listen to my explanation.” She clears . “Anyways. On my first day at the Academy, which was earlier this year—I don't think you were there, so that's why you never noticed me, I think—I was really tired and I didn't want to talk to anyone. So, rather than being my usual talkative self, I sat there, pretending to be timid, hoping that no one would bother me. The next day and even the day after that, I kept the same disposition, hoping that they still wouldn't bother me. After that, it just became a habit. I couldn't just change my personality after a week. Then I would seem inconsistent. So I just kept being shy and coy and because it seemed like I lacked confidence and people skills, nobody wanted to talk to me. Little did I know, that later in the year, many people, including my mailman, would fall in love with me. They were constantly dropping off packages at my door and stuffing letter upon letter into my apartment through my mail slot. Of course, I wasn't interested in their love, so I didn't open the letters or packages, but I got tired of it. I decided that if I befriended you, the most untouchable person in school,”

YUS. THAT'S RIGHT. I AM ABOVE YOU; YEA, EVEN A GODDESS AMONG YOU MORTALS.

they would get intimidated and stop or even start pursuing you, instead. Along the way, we started opening up to each other more.”

Not really.

Not really,” she says.

I gasp. WAT.

Anyways, like you said, we're friends now. It doesn't matter. Back to the story. Along the way, I met Chen.” She pauses. “He is one fine piece of man.”

Barf. How could she even say that with a straight face?

The longer I thought about him, the longer I looked at him, the longer I loved him,”

Ew ok. Time to stop. “Where is this going?” I ask.

She furrows her eyebrows again. “Um. I don't really know. Why did I start talking in the first place?”

I think it had to do with the fact that you suggested we punch baby orphans in the face,” I stated matter-of-factly.

Oh. Well, that's because those are the thoughts I usually have. I'm a really sarcastic, hilarious, beautiful, amazing individual in reality. I only appear timid because I don't want to talk to people.”

I gasp again. WE ARE THE SAME PERSON.

Me, too,” I say, “except I turned out cold instead of timid.” I smile. I have found my true soul sister. I can't believe it.

Wow. It must've been hard to keep up the cold facade in front of everyone you know for three whole years, though.” She nods, acknowledging my hardships.

Eh. Not really. After a while, I think it became natural. It's no big deal.” I wave it off.

Of course. I'm a natural actress. It was nothing.

If you say so.” She giggles and her eyes go all squinty again.

Darn. She's not shy and she still has a cute laugh. Then there's me. My laugh sounds like we're about to be invaded by a bunch of gorillas doing the Macarena.

Yup. Well, anyways.”

Yup.”

So, what did you really want to do?” I ask again.

Punch baby orphans,” she says.

Okay...”

After we got done punching baby orphans—I mean watching Miss Granny—I receive a text. I barely stop laughing before I pick up my phone and stare at it.

Uh oh.

Who is it?” Minji asks.

Um—I—uh—“ I stutter, unable to form words. My heartbeat speeds up.

No stop it.

My heart refuses to listen.

No really stop it.

It again refuses to listen.

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME STOP IT.

I place my hand on my chest and start to hyperventilate. This is the last thing I expected.

Minji snatches my phone from me to read the text.

From: Daebutt

Sent: 5:03 P.M.

Hi.

She stares at me weirdly. “What?”

She doens't understand.

She couldn't possibly understand what this means.

He's after me,” I say dramatically.

Oh.” She hands the phone back.

Just kidding. He's just a friend from Busan,” I say.

A HOT friend from Busan.

Let's watch another movie.” I toss my phone onto the side table and forget about the text.

Okay.” She shrugs. I shrug. Then we watch another movie.

`~`

Oops. I haven't updated this story in like more than six months. Let me just tell you that it was not on purpose, nor am I proud of it. I've just been darn busy, okay? *cries* Just kidding. But seriously. Real busy. Now that school is almost over, I might be able to update. I'd like to get a bunch of updating out of the way before June 5th. I'm getting surgery that day, and I'll be in the hospital for a few days. After that, I'll just be sitting (or, more correctly, lying) around all day, but I'll feel so crappy that I won't want to update. So yeah. Good times up ahead. :) Anyways. I love you guys. Thanks for being so freaking patient. This story isn't that good, but you're reading it anyways, so thanks!

Thanks to my new subscriber and fave cousin, thethecrazyj! You da best! :)

Oh, also my other subscribers. 

HomeSpice (My wife-not-wife)

Yummie-Jinnie

DiOsaur

Newbie4ever

wallla

Seriously. Thanks a lot for your patience.