It's me against the worrrlddd (or at least the other side of the class)

Waggadoodle Swag

Well, it's a brand new day! And, for once, I'M EXCITED! Hahahahahahahahaha see what I did there. Yeah, no. Today, being Tuesday, is one of my least favorite. You see, every Tuesday, we have a competition between teams (side one—the left—and side two—the right) in my class to see who gets to go to lunch first for the week. Why, you ask? Because we can. The competition gets switched up every week (like, different instruments, sports, sometimes even video games) so it's not always the same person being chosen to compete every time. However, that doesn't work because my team ALWAYS chooses me. I mean, I am good at everything, so...

Yeah, I like showing off, so what the heck, right?

Well, I sit in the middle of the classroom. The table in the middle always splits, meaning that I was on team one, and Chen was on team two. We split into our separate teams and I nonchalantly eye Chen while walking over to my side. Right at that second, I catch him nonchalantly eying me. That weirdo... just randomly staring at people. I roll my eyes, shake my head, and look back to my team.

Okay, well, you know the drill. Sunni's our representative again,” I hear a classmate say. I shoot him a look.

I second that,” says Minji. I shoot her a look as well.

What's the competition this week?” I ask out of curiosity.

Does it matter?” The first classmate responded with a shrug, a wink, and a smirk in my direction.

Barf.

Oh well. I guess it's time to accept that I'm the permanent representative. 'Cause no one else is man enough. Yep. I'm secretly a man.

Since we're through with our deliberation, I sit down at my usual seat, waiting for the other contestant to show up next to me, while the other people on my “team” stand around and probably talk about how hot I am. I tap my fingernails on my desk in a desperate attempt to entertain myself. The little “click” sound usually makes me snicker on the inside. However, when I hear the blue chair next to mine squeak ever so annoyingly, I don't know if I'm surprised to see Chen or not. I mean, I bet he's already obsessed with me, so why wouldn't he want to compete with me?

Chen's POV

Man, I'm so obsessed with this girl. I totes wanna compete with her.

I look back at Minji, who's staring dreamily at Chen. Oh. My. Gosh. Somebody get this girl a towel. She is drooling all over everything. I think I feel a little puddle under my feet. Seriously. I look back at Chen, who just looks back at me. I put my palm to my face and refuse to look back at him.

Hey,” Chen says.

What.” I'm in no mood for his stupid shenanigans.

Do you know what we're doing?”

I take my hand off of my face and look at him, his eyes shining ever so brightly in the lights of the classroom. Well, as brightly as black eyes can shine in fluorescent lighting. “Nope.” Not that it matters, though, cuz I've never lost to anyone. And I don't plan on starting anytime soon.

YER GOIN DAOWN. CHUMP.

Well, this should be fun, then.” Chen faces forward, not before winking at me so greasily that I literally have to wipe my forehead.

YES. THIS SHALL BE FUN. CHUMP.

Okay, class. For this week's competition, we will have Sunni and Chen face off in a,” Mr. Kim pauses for dramatic effect, leaving his chops wobbling everywhere. “STRAIGHT FACE CONTEST!”

Ha. I got this. CHUMP.

I silently cheer and fist-pump in my mind. I almost start dancing, but that would be too hot for everyone in this room, so.

Mr. Kim sets us up facing each other without anything in between us, our knees about two inches away from touching. This close proximity might make me barf, but I have to keep a straight face while doing it. I look away for as long as I can before the contest starts, as I figure that I'll have as long to stare at his face as I want—though I'd rather not.

Sunni,” Chen says.

I look at him with an eyebrow raised and cross my arms against my chest. “Yeah.”

This'll probably get really intense, so prepare yourself. Good luck.” He smiles sweetly at me. No, that's definitely grease, not sugar. I instinctively wipe my forehead again and look away.

Freak. Stop talking to me when our match is about to begin. You're the one who should be preparing yourself. 'Cause YOO FREAKING SUNNI IZ GUNNA TAYKE YEW DAOWN. And yes, I know how to spell, I just prefer it this way. Leave me alone.

Contestants. Are. You. READAAAYYYYYYY!!” Mr. Kim shouts loud enough for the entire country to hear.

Ew. Don't try to be one of those wrestling announcer guys. Just ew.

Contest starts in 3.” I lift my head up to look at Chen. “2.” I put my game face on. “1.” I aim my eyes straight toward his. “GO!” I stare at him with a burning glare.

I stare at him.

He stares at me.

I narrow my eyes.

He narrows his eyes.

My eye twitches.

His eye twitches.

.

Aaaaaaaaaand still staring.

Yup.

Still going.

Chen's face still hasn't changed. I don't think he's taking this seriously enough, though. I raise my eyebrow and watch as his mouth twitches. I wink and watch as he wrinkles his nose to keep himself from smiling. I flare my nostrils, raise my eyebrow, and wink all at the same time.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA”

There it is.

I knew I could take him.

My team cheers wildly and I sit back in my chair, realizing that I had totally scooted forward and was all up in his face. He was right. That was rather intense.

Chen tries to stop laughing long enough to stop looking like a dying gull, probably trying to say something, as well. “Ohhh my gosh! Your face, though!”

I look at him skeptically. “What about it?”

He leans back in his chair, finally calming down. “That was probably the funniest expression I've ever seen. Can you do that again?”

I roll my eyes and stand up, automatically turning to Minji and walking over to her. I stand in front of her, waving my hand in front of her face, but she's too busy staring at Chen to notice. Okay, seriously. She's obsessed or something. Gross. “Minji.” I try to get her attention. “MINJI.”

She screams loudly, highly astonished at the fact that someone was actually talking to her. Actually, that may have been because I was approaching her like a bear and growling at her. Whatever. “Oh, it's just you, Sunni.” She smiles shyly, looking quite embarrassed.

I look at her like she's crazy. “So, you really like Chen that much?” I ask her as we walk out the door toward the cafeteria.

What?” she exclaims rather loudly as we enter the cafeteria. “Who said I like him?” She looks around with shifty eyes.

Um, the dreamy look in your eyes?

Me.” I grab a milk, an apple, and a turkey sandwich when we reach the line.

Fine. I kind of do,” she admits.

NO DUH.

Well, good luck with that. He's a freakin' weirdo.” We take a seat at a table in the corner of the cafeteria next to a window. Whenever I choose to sit in the cafeteria (which is never, cuz people ), I always choose this seat because I like the sun shining on my shoulders. Because I get cold easily.

I mean, I know. I'm hot. But.

Well, he's just so ador—“ she stops mid-sentence while staring behind me. Oh, goodness. I know what that means. I look back, blinking. I open my eyes. Can I not get rid of this kid for two se—

Hey, Sunni?” A boy, clearly a year younger than me, says. He has shaggy, light brown hair and red cheeks, which contrast against his pale skin. He's really fidgety, too.

I stare at him.

Uhh—ummm—uhhh....”

SPIT IT OUT YOU PUNK

I... can I talk to you for a minute?”

I nod slightly, gesturing for him to continue.

He takes his hands out from behind his back to reveal a little, crisp, white envelope with no words on it, which he hands to me. “Can you read this and give me a reply?”

I nod. “Sorry, but she's my lady.” Chen suddenly appears out of nowhere and puts his arm around my shoulders.

Gross. Ew. Ew. Get it off.

I shove his arm off and give him a quick glare, looking back to the boy. "I'm not. He's just got a lot of wishful thinking.” I half-smile at the boy and he smiles, running off like a schoolgirl. Er. Okay.

I open the envelope and take out the letter. This oughtta be interesting.

Sunni,

I guess I should go ahead and get straight to the point.

I like you.

You're so pretty and talented. I don't know one thing you're not good at.

Ha. He doesn't know I can't knit.

And... I would really like it if you would go out with me.

If you would do me the honor, please come to room 112 after school today.

Your admirer,

And that's when I stop reading.

Who do these people think I am?

A hot chick?

Okay, yeah, but other than that?

APPROACHABLE? HECK NAW. JUST CUZ ONE GIRL DOES IT DOESN'T MEAN THE REST OF Y'ALL CAN DO IT.

What'd it say? A loooooove confession?” Chen got up in my business again and batted his eyes at me.

None of your business. Go sit by Minji.” I reseal the envelope and put it in my blazer pocket, feeling the stiff paper against my torso.

I may be cold, but I'm not heartless. I won't throw the letter, and I won't leave it. However, I'm not gonna meet that boy, either. I'm not gonna lie and say I like him when I don't.

I'm not even into guys.

Hahaha well

There is this one back home...


`~`

Oh, my gosh. I'm sooooo sorry for what just happened. That was the worst writing I've ever done. Ew.

Anyways I know I totally neglected this story for like literally a whole month, and I'm sorry, but I've been bussyyyyyy. I'm taking four AP classes this year, and that translates to about 15 hours of summer homework. Also, other things happened. Like band camp. Exciting stuff.

Woohoo. Still thanks to my one subscriber, cinemon! hahaha just you and me, gurrrl
Oh and two new subscribers since I uploaded this chapter, wallla and Newbie4ever! Yay! Thank you!

Also, comments from everyone are totally welcome and actually very appreciated. I know how easy it is to just skip and not comment 'cause I do it too, but as I said, I really need help on this story. That sounds pathetic. hahaha BUT SERIOUSLY. XD Kthanksbye