2

Epitome of Us

 

[Jisoo's point of view]

It was 7 in the morning, where everyone has just finished cooking pancakes in pairs as the opening activities.  I spot Jiminel and the other Jimin were having fun together, though Jiminel doesn’t seem as if she wants to admit it.

               

‘How was your pancake?’ Jiminel approached to me, asking me as soon as she finished.

               

Jiminel waved her hands to wake me up from my day dreaming. ‘What—?’ I looked at her immediately. ‘What are you day dreaming about, Jisoooo?’ She questioned, pinching my cheeks. ‘Hey, stop it, Jiminnie—!’ She stopped, then pouted, ‘Excuse me, I am Jimin Shin!’

 

‘Or Jiminel for short am I wrong?’

 

We looked back in shock. ‘Jimin—!’ – ‘don’t you know that you scared us?!’ Jiminel shouted while standing up. He chuckled simply, ‘Fine, I am sorry.’ He was so relaxed that he sat in the chair, right beside Jiminel. ‘Go away.’ Jiminel crossed her hands, facing away. ‘Are you asking me to shoo away?’ Jimin said. ‘Yah, you too,’ – ‘if you both are going to some oncoming, you better do it somewhere else.’ I chuckled. Jimin shrugged, ‘I don’t know whether she wants to go somewhere with me or not, though.’

Jiminel threw an “ugh” voice towards him.

I whispered towards her, ‘Admit it, Jiminel.’ She was facing me in the moment her cheeks turned ultimate red. ‘Expressions can’t lie, girl.’ Jimin teased.

 

‘I—’

 

Jimin dragged her hands, ‘Hey, c’mon; don’t be shy towards me.’ The both of Jimin went away, with Jiminel having her “weld” face towards me.

I stood up, searching for another breakfast rather than only pancakes. ‘Jisoo!’

 

I looked back in react.

Is it Jiyeon . . . ?

 

She gripped my black jacket, ‘Hey, you stupid wallflower.’ – ‘Don’t you ever dare to get close to Jungkook.’ I was confused. I am really confused of how I should react towards her. There is no one here, I thought to myself. I’m somehow sure that she would beat me up, making me return back home with bruises and scratches on me.

She chuckled.

‘Don’t worry; I won’t do something bad to you.’ She smiled. I was relieved for a second, until I hold my breath once I saw her holding—some kind—of scissors in her hand. ‘W . . . What are you going to do—?’ She grinned softly. Her grin looked soft, but it aches until the deepest part of my heart.

She approached me even closer than before, and indeed, she cut my long bangs into short. ‘W . . . What—?!’ The only reaction I am able to speak out is that. I wasn’t able to scream, thanks to my terrify.  ‘Have fun, girl!’ She said, leaving with her other girls.

I spot Jungkook walking towards the kitchen—or simply said; my location. He was holding a cup of coffee, passing by through Jiyeon in the same stairs.

 

[Normal point of view]

 

‘A.  . . Ah—’ – ‘Jungkook!’ Jiyeon said, hiding the scissors she brought before.

Jungkook was just quiet as he sipped his coffee from the cup he brought from the main place where all the tents are located. ‘What do you want?’ He reacted as he finished sipping. ‘Nothing.’ – ‘Let’s get down and follow the next activity.’ Jiyeon said, smiling as she grabbed his hands. ‘Excuse me? Who are you to do this?’ He commented, leaving Jiyeon upset.

 

Jungkook walked towards the washbasin and cleaned his cup.

 

‘Jungkook? What are you doing here?’ Jisoo questioned, as she approached him towards the washbasin. The guy looked towards his sight, realizing Jisoo was there, standing. ‘Oh! I didn’t see you, sor—’ He stopped before saying the complete word of “sorry”. ‘When did you cut your hair?’ ‘What?’ – ‘Oh—um, last night! Yes, last night.’

‘Are you lying?’

‘Do I seem like so?’

‘Yes.’

‘Well, I said no?’

‘Don’t you remember that I hate liars?’

‘So, do you hate me?’

Jisoo covered with her hands, ‘I mean—’ ‘Stop lying. What happened?’ The girl waved her hands, indicating that she wasn’t lying. Jungkook grabbed the palm of her hands, ‘Why is it bleeding?’ Jisoo started to be lost of reasons. ‘Uh—last night I accidentally hurt my hand when cutting my bangs.’ He sighed, ‘Come with me.’

 

‘What—where?’

 

 

He pulled the girl towards the place where Jisoo herself, Jiminel and Jimin had been sitting at before. ‘Stay.’ He ran back down. ‘Where are you going—?!’She shouted, looking below. He ignored her, making her stay, doing nothing. The girl looked around, realizing once again that there is no one. ‘Jisoo!’ A shout of her name made her stood up. ‘Jiminel?’ The girl hugged Jisoo from the back. ‘OMG (oh my God), guess what!’

‘What?’

‘Jimin said he would like to walk back in pair with me for second activity!’ She screamed.

Jisoo looked at her in a plain face—only, ‘Yeah, happy for you.’

‘What—why?’ – ‘Wait—something is different from you.’

‘Jiyeon cut my bangs and look—’

 

Jisoo showed Jiminel the palm of her hands which seemed to be bleeding for a long scratch.

‘What on Earth—she did this?’ Jiminel questioned, looking at the palm of her hand carefully. ‘Who else would?’

 

Arasseo, arasseo (I see) . . .’

 

The both female looked towards her side; finding out Jungkook was there already. ‘I knew you lied, Jisoo.’ He said. ‘I didn’t mean too, though—’ He approached them while sighing, ‘That’s alright.’ – ‘Let me treat your wound, now.’ He said, smiling.

 


 

[Jisoo's point of view]

 

 

‘There.’ He said as soon as he finished. Jiminel was there, grinning towards me. ‘Can you join to the second activity later?’ – ‘Since there will be a lot of inclines—or steep grades—later on.’

I nodded, ‘I am alright.’

‘Are you sure?’

 

Jiminel hit his leg, ‘Yah! Trust her!’ I chuckled, ‘That’s right, you’re worrying too much.’ 

He ruffled his hair, ‘Did I seem like worrying?’ He then chuckled simply, ‘Wait—I think so.’ ‘Then, let’s all get down and meet up with the others. I haven’t taken a bath, and . . . activity two is going to start soon from now—.’ Jiminel said as she dragged my hands, leaving him. ‘Bye!’ She said, dragging me while running back down. I simply waved my hands.

 

 

Why falling in love when you can fall from the stairs. . .

 

 

Why do people have that feeling?

I am confused . . . why can’t I stop loving someone?

Why can’t I just let them be alone, feeling what I’ve ever felt?

 

              I said to myself, staying with Jiminel; walking towards the place where everybody was. ‘Oh, Jisoo.’ I looked towards her, ‘Huh?’ ‘What do you think of Jimin? Do you think he is kind?’ She continued, grinning towards me. ‘. . .Ehm—?’ – ‘Well, I think he is kind, Jungkook is a close friend of him, too, am I right?’ She smiled, ‘Yes, that is right.’ – ‘And I see those two pointing at us during the name calling. Do you realize that?’ I shook my head, ‘No. Are you serious—?’ Jiminel nod her head in enthusiast, ‘I never lied, OKAY.’

 

                ‘You lied much of the time, OKAY.’ I replied her with a slight push tone on the “okay”.

                ‘When?’ She teased.

                ‘About not liking Jimin, and—’

                ‘Okay, okay—that is enough!’ She said, making me laughing.

 


 

 

By the time we finished taking a bath, all of the students had a meet up in the usual place—of course for activity two. As I went towards the place, where all have been waiting for each other’s pair. I walked towards Jungkook, with Jiminel being in the right side, being beside Jimin. ‘Oh, you’re back.’

 

I nodded, ‘Yes, I am.’

‘Slightly soft warning before the second activity.’

‘What warning?’

‘It is only to warning all of us to be careful during this second activity.’

‘O. . .Oh—’

‘Yeah—so that means you must stay with me all time.’

 

I faced aside, ‘W . . . What did you said—?’ Jungkook ruffled his hair, again, ‘W—what? Uh, nothing—’ He grinned. ‘I heard you already, before, okay.’ I said. He then played my hair, ‘Fine, fine—’

 

‘Well then . . . you all may leave for the second activity. Please always follow the supervisor, okay.’

 

The both of us were nearly at the back—with Jiminel and Jimin. All of us were carrying bag packs, with water, towel, change clothes and others. ‘Don’t you feel hot using the jacket?’ Jimin questioned me, looking after each others during climbing those dangerous stairs-like rocks. I turned my head to the back, ‘I think so—’

 

[Jungkook's point of view]

 

‘Wait, wait. Can you both wait for me?’ Jisoo quoted, making me and the rest stop. I faced back, looking at her, thinking of why is she asking us to stop.

Jiminel and Jimin were busy on their own, as Jiminel was too terrified to step to another rock.

 

She took of her jacket.

 

I mean—I—

 

Oh dear God—Oh God—

 

She realized that I was looking at her. Her cheeks turned tomato. ‘W . . . Why are you looking at me—?!’ She said, making me laughing. I approached her, ‘Oh c’mon—I am claiming you now, OKAY—’ Wait—I really didn’t know what I’ve been doing. I mean—why am I saying that I claim her. Well, I—

‘ . . .’

She seemed lost of words. ‘I—’

I faced front again, running away.

 'Yah! Don't run away!' She said, catching up. 'Jungkook, the ground is slippery! Don't make her—' Jimin hyung's voice was heard in a total lateness. I faced back as I heard someone slipt, 'Jisoo!' She seemed scared. No, thanks God she didn't fell over the cliff— 'Are you okay?!' Jiminel approached her, right before me. 'Y . . . Yes, I am—' She replied. I rushed back towards her, 'I am sorry . . .' I can see her forcing a smile as she tried to stand up, 'No, I'm okay.' I sighed deeply, 'I hate liars, didn't I told you?' I thought about nothing longer, I immediately grabbed her and carried her on my back. 

'J . . . Jungkook, what are you—'

'Shut up, kiddo—' 

Jiminel and Jimin suddenly burst in laughter, 'Jungkook are you serious?! You called her kiddo!' 'But, please. She's even younger than me.' I said, looking back. 'Y . . . Yah, Jungkook. If you are facing to the back, I'm afraid of falling—' I took a peek to the back, ' . . .Are you terrified of hights?' Jisoo stayed quiet. 

'Fine.'

'She's nearly 1998, don't you realize that?' 

Jisoo chuckled a bit after her fear, 'Yes. Do you realize that, Jungkook?' 

'Of course. December, am I right?'

Jiminel clapped, 'Okay. Then you are apprved to be her boyfriend.' Jisoo hit my head, 'I didn't say so!!' 'Just be quiet, kid— I claimed you already, okay. And, don't complain much, you are heavy okay—' Jisoo hufted, 'Then let me go!' 

'No.'

'Why?!'

'I claimed you and I don't want you to get hurt, OKAY.' I replied her, giving a slight push tone at the "okay". She really seemed quiet. 'Look who has a tomato face now!' Jimin hyung laughed. 'Tomato-like wallflower~' Jiminel mentioned, leaving the rest laughing.