1

Epitome of Us

 

[Jisoo's point of view]

The next morning, everyone went down from the bus, arriving to the end of the street. We continued walking to the location, entering the wild forest.

I was walking nearly the last, because I really don’t want to get in crowd. Someone then stopped walking. His body was facing the front, but he turned his head slightly to the back—looking at me. He seemed waiting. ‘Y…You again—’ I said, leaving him as I passed him. ‘Did I disturb you?’ He chuckled as he followed me walking beside me. ‘. . . No.’ ‘Then why are you mad when I approach you?’ I looked at him, ‘I—’ He dragged me continue walking, ‘If you think I am a stranger—’

 

‘No! No!’

 

I cut his sentence before even letting him finish. ‘U…Uh, sorry—’ He laughed as he walk beside me across the steep grade. ‘That’s okay; it is often for me to be interrupted.’ I faced aside, feeling guilty. ‘I am Jungkook, its nice meeting you.’

‘I am Jisoo, and yes, nice meeting you too. . .’ I said, having the urge to run away. I was so embarrassed that I ran away, and as I didn’t realize it, the slantways—or steep grade—were so slippery. ‘Watch out!’ He shouted as he made me stop, in a position of squatting. I am really sure I nearly cried.

 

He approached me, ‘Are you okay?’

‘I want to go home—’

 

He gripped my hands, walking first. I felt like being dragged by a giant.

‘What is this for—?!’ I questioned as he carefully walk through some stones. He was just quiet, though. ‘This slantways is dangerous—you need to be careful!’ He warned me strictly.

I really feel like crushing me into two, right now—the whole part of my body into two. I cannot control my emotions.

 

We followed the rest to the campsite, but being tired as hell.

‘Oh, look . . .  the wallflower has just arrived!’ The others were laughing so hard. I could do nothing but ignore those groups of girls. I packed everything into the tent, then going back out when the supervisor called us for the pairing and etcetera.

 

‘Good morning to you all.’

 

‘Morning.’

 

‘I will start calling the numbers. Them, who had the number that I mention, raise the number in your hand. This number will be used for pairing the students up.'

 ’17!’

’98!’

’27!’

 

I am shivering like a penguin without its coat. My number is 1, and I am really terrified a male will be with me for all of this activities.

‘1!’

 

[Jungkook's point of view]

 

The number 1 is mentioned as I am whispering to Jimin hyung.

                I raised my hands—with the number in it—straightly. I looked towards the circle and realized a girl with a black jacket raised her hands too.

               

Damn itI thought to myself.

 

Jisoo was with the black jacket when we were walking through the steep grade. She covered her face with a paper she was holding in the other hand. I think . . . it is the activity lists paper. Jimin hyung whispered, ‘Isn’t she the girl you said you met yesterday?’ I nodded simply. ‘She looks—’

‘Shut up, okay, hyung? I saw her first.’ I grinned towards him.

‘Fine, fine—’ He said, leaving a chuckle in the both of us.

 

‘Okay. So Jungkook is paired with Jisoo.’ – ‘Next.’

 

The girl beside Jisoo—or the queenka—looked as mad as her expression seemed to be so. ‘Look, hyung. Her expression is so satisfaction to me. I am really happy to see her mad as hell.’ We both laughed. That queenka—or from her name, Jiyeon—is like the worst of the worst. She rule nearly the whole school and act such a btch.

I looked back at Jisoo.

 

She seemed to be whispering towards Jimin. Until then, I heard the supervisor shouted, ’99!’ The both Jimin raised their number in their hands. He chuckled, ‘Okay. Mr Park and Ms Shin.’ Shin Jimin looked towards Jimin hyung in an aggressive way.

Shin Jimin raised her hands, ‘Uh—Jiminel in short, please!’

 

Her aggressive look doesn’t mean she is rude or something like so. She seemed to be Jisoo’s closest friend, also, she’s a really kind person.

 

I whispered towards Jimin hyung, ‘Isn’t she the girl you helped after school?’ I back. He hit me on the shoulder, ‘Now, you shut up, Jeon Jeongguk!’ ‘Hm . . . what happens when one day you both gets married? Park Jimin and Park Jimin?’ I laughed.

‘She’ll be Jeon Jisoo.’

 

I pointed at him, ‘Ho! Ho! You weren’t denying that!’

‘That?’

‘Marriage!’

 

He hit his head which his hand, ‘Damn you, maknae.’

 


 

 

The first activity is cooking pancakes for breakfast. Well, it is still 5 in morning, in fact. ‘Pair up with your number pairing that I’ve mentioned before.’ Jisoo and Jimin approached us. ‘Uh—can we just exchange partners?’ Jiminel asked. ‘No.’ I replied, grabbing Jisoo’s hand to the small kitchen where everybody are.

‘So . . . are you telling me you’re going to teach me to cook—?’

I said as I see Jisoo using her jacket. ‘Uh—cook pancakes?’ I nodded, ‘You know I can’t cook—’ She chuckled. ‘Okay . . . I’ll try.’ She seemed cold. The weather is so cold, I admit it too.

‘Are you feeling cold?’

 

She looked at me, ‘H…Huh? N…No—’

 

‘I hate liars.’ I said as I took of my jacket and put it on her. She looked at me, ‘W…What is this for—?’ – ‘Aren’t you cold?’ I shook my head, ‘No. That’s okay.’ I smiled.

 

[Jisoo's point of view]

 

Oh dear God— I said to myself as he put his jacket on me.

 

What should I do—I can’t react!!!!!!

 

‘Are you embarrassed around me?’ He chuckled. ‘W…What—?! No!’  I replied him, giving him a pout with a frown. Wait—why am I doing this?! I thought once again. He faced aside, ‘D . . . Don’t pout—’ Then, there goes the shy Jungkook.

I poked his cheeks, ‘Shy Jungkook.’

 

He looked at me with a sheepish grin on his face.

‘It’s the first time you are opened up to males, huh?’

‘What—? Not really—’

‘Who are you opened up, then?’ He grinned.

‘You—’

 

He laughed. ‘It’s the same, right?’ I shook my head. ‘Jungkook and you are different.’ He flicked my head. ‘Yah! Jung—’ He covered my mouth as he said, ‘Ssh—just teach me how to cook pancake.’

 


[A/N] Chapter 1 is done!!11! my feels-- idek what to say anymoar idek why am i writing this but sleepy imnida-- thank you!