Scholarship to Seoul National University!

Forbidden Love

As the door opens. "Hey mom and dad, I'm home!" You clearly let the whole house know that you are back from college.

"Welcome home _______, and by the way, we got a mail which came for you." Your dad says while he's busy watching the football games.

" For me? What is it about?" You asked while taking off your bag and laying on the sofa.

"I am not sure since I have not checked but now that you're home, you can check it yourself." Your dad said.

"Ok. Is this it?" You noticed an envelope on the table and you pick it up. "From Korea?" You get surprised when you read where it's from. You tear up the envelope to see what's in it. "Ummm, dad it says I have recieved a full scholarship for Seoul National University and that I do not need to pay for the living expenses too. It also mentions that I can study there as an exchange student for 2 semesters and everything will be paid through my college and the university." You read all this while still being confused.

"What? When did you apply to a Korean University? I haven't heard any of this before." Your dad asked.

"Actually I wasn't going to apply but my professors and my program coordinator recommended me to go for an exchange program since it'll be very beneficial for my future. They told me that if I go to this university as an exchange student, that there will be many companies that will be willing to hire me and I will get great experience in a different culture." You said.

Your mother suddenly came out of the kitchen and gave her opinion. "_______, why would I let you go so far away from me? I only have you and your brother. I am not going to let you go. Right ________'s dad? Your mother said.

"But mom, I cannot get this kind of opportunity again. I am mature now. I can take care of myself." You said while trying to defend yourself.

"You can take care of yourself, my child but we belong to a muslim family and it is not appropriate especially for a girl to go in a strange country alone." Your dad says with a concern.

"Dad, I will not be there alone. Remember my Korean friend, Yun?" You asked.

"Yes." Your parents answered.

"Well, I already kinda told her about my application to Seoul National university and she told me that I can stay with her parents while she's studying in U.S. She told me that she would feel better if I can go live with her parents so I won't have any problem and I have talked to her parents several times before. They are extremely nice and welcoming." You said. You knew that your parents would never let you go to Korea no matter what but you still wanted to try. "Well, I know you will say no......."

" Alright, you can go if you'll be living with Yun's parents." You were shocked when your dad agrees to let you go. "When will you be leaving?" Your dad asked.

"Next week..." "That soon!!??" Your mom exclaimed.

"Yes mom, if I do not leave by next week, then they will cancel my application and I will lose this opportunity. Please mom and dad!!" You made your puppy eyes that often helped you get out of many situations.

"It's alright _______'s mom. Let her go. She has to establish her name and show us what she is capable of doing." Your dad says this with a proud smile across his face.

"YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!" You screamed because you still cannot believe that you are allowed to go to Korea and you'll be going next week.

"Don't misuse this opportunity by going to watch your kpop concerts all the time!!" Your brother teases you while sticking out his tongue.

"I know that already. YOU don't need to tell me." You stick out your tongue too while saying this.

"_________, your dad and I have one condition before you leave for Korea." Your mom asks while giving a serious look.

"What is it mom? I will do anything!!" You carelessly said that because you were too happy that you parents have finally approved you to go to Korea.

"You will have to wear a hijab in Korea.That will keep all the unwanted attention away from you. You are too beautiful and I do not want my child to fall in love with any Korean boy." Your mom says this with a worried face.

"Alright mom and dad. I will do as you both say and will wear a hijab in Korea. Thanks for letting me go mom and dad. Love you guys." You give them a huge hug after saying that and keep kicking you brother out of the hug in order to . In your mind (Well, Korea here I come.)

 

***** Hijab- Head Scarf

 

 

 

* This is a short chapter but hopefully you will all like it! I know my wordings aren't correct but I hope that you can imagine the whole scene. The upcoming chapters will be more exciting and I will try my best to show you all my imagination for this story. Thank you all and please wait for more chapters as the story has just begun. :)