A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time

Chapter 5

 

Mr. Hwang puffed on his cigar as he looked at the guy sitting in front of him with approval. His right hand man with big, brown eyes so sharp & smart & boundless loyalty. The guy was still young & didn’t have much experience yet but confidence & intelligence oozing out from him effortlessly. Mr. Hwang had never trusted anyone outside his family more.

 

He had met him when the boy had tried to lift his wallet one of those summer days. He was a weak looking, yet strong willed little boy & he had seen potential in him when the boy had looked at him with defiant to cover his fear instead of begging him to let him off & had felt compassion as the boy’s stomach growled in desperate hunger. He had plucked the boy out of the street & put him in one of his house, giving him the love, care & security he needed & he had never seen a more loyal person than him. Now, his gut feeling was telling him that this guy would be the one who could find his Tiffany.

 

“You will help me find her.” He stated, not asked.

 

The guy only smiled & nodded, “I heard from Michelle that the last time anyone ever saw her was in Seoul & I heard that the dog food trail meets a dead end in Seoul, too.” He leaned back while Mr. Hwang scowled & cursed his incompetent men, “They aren’t careful enough, thus making her know that your men was hot on her trail; that’s why she took off but if she was smart, she wouldn’t run out of town but stayed & hide there for a while. At least until her trails cools down or until you give up.” Getting up from his chair, the guy looked over at Mr. Hwang & smiled easily, “& I know Tiffany is one heck of a smart girl. I believe I would enjoy my time in Seoul this time of the year.”

 

Mr. Hwang nodded in satisfaction, “Go & find her for me.”

 

Seeing that nobody was around, Yoona quickly slipped into Tim’s room & closed the door quietly. This was her only chance to enter it as master Yunho had ordered Tim to take Taepung for a walk & in his hurry, he forgot to lock his room for once. Grinning widely, she enthusiastically skipped to the center of the room & threw her body onto the bed. She inhaled the subtle scent of jasmine & smiled. This new guy was really cute. Only the slightest sign of flirting & his face would turn all red. The guys of her acquaintances were usually thick-skinned & rough but this Tim was different. Somehow, he seemed almost like master Yunho in class but while master Yunho was ignorant of her feelings, Tim was so gentle towards her, not even taking advantage of her when she wanted to be taken advantage of.

 

Trailing her fingers on the bed sheet & pillows, she shivered deliciously as she imagined him sleeping on that same bed. She knew it’s been only a week since she first laid her eyes on him but she knew from the start that this guy was different. She picked up one of the pillows & smelled the same jasmine scent. She sighed dreamily as the image of him smiling floated in front of her brown, almond-shaped eyes. The way he had looked at her that first time when they had been introduced. Those eyes & smile. She sighed wistfully & reluctantly got up from the bed. Although she would like to lie there some more she had to use this rare chance to know him better.

 

Looking around her, she frowned as she noticed that there was almost no personal possession as far as she could see. No picture frame, no scattered clothes, nothing that could remind her of him except the faint scent but from her experience, everybody always had one. It was only the matter of finding it.

 

After straightening the bed, she walked towards the desk & started to open the drawers. Hmmm, only papers & dull looking books. Nothing interesting. She was shoving the last drawer closed when something shifted & a small jewelry box came into her vision. She picked up the box, opened it & felt her jaw drop in awe. In it was a 14k white gold, three-stone diamond ring, ‘What’s a woman’s ring doing here?’ She thought. Frowning, she picked the ring up & put it on her finger. Perfect fit. She admired the way the diamond sparkled & flashed on her finger & reluctantly pulled it off & accidentally felt the engraving inside it, ‘For Tiffany with love. Who is this Tiffany?’ She wondered, as an ember of jealousy started to ignite in her heart. His girlfriend? She felt like throwing it into her pocket, taking it into that glamorous jewelry store to remove the engraving & claiming it as hers but the image of an angry & upset Tim & the retribution of the disgraced Jung’s forced her to think twice. She was one of the Jung’s household staff & it wouldn’t do any good to be caught stealing. Gritting her teeth, she forced herself to put the ring back into its place, “I have to find out who she is.” She muttered determinedly to herself, & walked towards the closet. There must be something in there that could shed some light for her. She was just reaching for the doorknob when she heard Taepung’s bark, ‘Oh no, he’s back already!’ Her mind screamed in frustration. Hurriedly, she ran towards the door & slipped out of the room.

 

A drenched Tiffany hobbled through the doorway, clutching Taepung’s leash tightly in her hand. She looked at the leash in her hand, wishing it was Yunho’s neck instead.

 

That morning, just when she had had her breakfast, Yunho had dumped a bucket, a bar of soap & a little kiddie toothbrush on her & ordered her to clean his garage floor. His huge garage that housed his eight luxury cars comfortably. She was sure her eyes had almost jumped out of their socket as the image of herself on her hands & knees rubbing all those stains all day long with a tiny little toothbrush flashed in front of her eyes. Well, she had certainly choked on her food & she had been ready to jump & strangle him when Mrs. Jung had stepped in & said that she would help her do her chores. Well, she had to give a little credit that although Yunho was one spoiled detestable jerk, he definitely still had a heart where his mother was concerned! He had immediately cancelled his order upon hearing his mother’s words & ordered three of his servants to do the job. With a big cleaning machine. As for her, she had been given the job of walking Taepung out.

 

She had sighed in relief. Big mistake.

 

Taeping was kept in a big cage, so big that a queen bed could fit into it easily. With the image of him attacking her in that cage, she had summoned all of her courage & entered the cage warily. This had been the first time she had met Taepung but the typhoon had only bounded to her side & looked up at her adoringly; he had looked harmless & adorable. Smiling in relief, she had patted his head, put one end of the leash on his neck & tightened the other end on her wrist, ‘What a cute angel.’ She had thought, but the moment the leash had been on place, he had immediately changed.

 

Running with all his might, he had dragged her with him into the park nearby, not caring that the leash had burned her palm & the rocks had cut her skin, “Taepung. Stop it right this minute.” Her eyes had immediately gone wide when a big tree suddenly came into her vision. Taepung barked gleefully & bounded towards the tree, “Argh!” She had screamed, & closed her eyes in defense.

 

The next thing she knew, she had been slammed into the tree in a hugging position, scratching both her arms in the process. Groaning, she had slid into the ground & slumped there, the breath knocked out of her. Unremorseful, Taepung had walked towards her & grinned happily. It was like adding oil to the fire. She had cursed him & his master to hell & back straight away but before she could finish her tirade, the devil had barked in warning & shot towards the lake with her went flying behind him!

 

“Oh no, not again. Not.” She hadn’t even had a chance to finish her words before Taepung had leaped wholeheartedly into the water. Drenched & fuming madly, she had glared at him, telling him that she had meant business & snapped, “Home! Now!”

 

Taepung had taken one look at her angry face & then crawled to her side, whimpering. Tiffany could feel her heart soften. All the blame would have to go to Yunho since he had kept Taepung cooped up in his cage for too long. Taepung only reacted to his playful instinct. Sighing, she had patted Taepung’s head, telling him without words that she wouldn’t hold any grudge against him & Taepung had immediately repaid her kindness by peeing on her leg & sauntered home in jolly leisure.

 

Throwing down the leash in her hand, she looked down on her abused leg & felt her anger mounting higher & higher. She had a really strong suspicion that Yunho must have taught that dog how to torture her.

 

Propelled by anger, she hobbled towards the back of the house, shouting for the jerk to stop hiding & prepare to go to hell! Hearing his delighted laughter from the back lawn, she hobbled towards where Taepung was kept & felt all her blood drained from her head & pooled on her toes. Taepung was sitting on his haunch, grinning at her. With the aura of satisfaction & contentment radiated from him, she knew that Taepung had just taken his lunch. Her eyes roamed in horror to the droplets of blood near his feet & to the white hair stuck on the edge of his mouth. Very familiar white hair. Her babies’ hair that she had washed just five days ago, “Romeo? Hani?” She choked, “Romeo! Hani!” She shouted in a tone guaranteed to have them come to her side at once, but still, they didn’t come running. They were nowhere in sight. Instead, it was Yunho who strolled towards her with a gleam of satisfaction in his eyes.

 

“Where are my babies? What have you done to them?” She looked at him accusingly. Inside her chest, her heart bounced & knocked on her ribs as she waited for his answer.

 

He only grinned annoyingly & shrugged! “I only cut them a little bit. Taepung took care of the rest.” He said nonchalantly, & patted his dog proudly. Then he smirked & clucked his tongue, “They are very embarrassing, screaming like banshees even before I cut them.”


Howling in rage, she instinctively leaped towards him with her eyes flashing, not even aware that tears started to flow down her pale cheeks. Her chest felt as if it would explode any moment. The pain & agony in the scale she had never known existed before bombarded into her being, blinding her from everything else around her. She had only had eyes on her archenemy, the bane of her existence & the revenge she had to exact from him.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

i'm sorry i wasn't able to update yesterday since i was cutting some long a** fabric for my mom the whole day -_-

but i will try to update as much as i can tomorrow since starting tomorrow through friday, i will be able to update one chapter for each other my fanfic because of work *sighs*

btw, i started a new fanfic starring kwon yuri & jung yunho so if you guys are interest, please check it out ^^

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/776891/wondering-about-her-friendship-sad-yunho-yunri-yuri-love

- butt3rflyl0v3r