A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time

Chapter 3

 

It turned out that Tiffany’s debt was even greater than she had expected. Her car could only be sold for three hundred & only after she had bargained for it like a world champion negotiator. Unfortunately, the repair fee for the fender & the door only had cost her five thousand, not including labor, towing service, etc. She was immensely lucky that the guy whom she had heard was called Jung Yunho didn’t ask for more than five months time.

 

Looking back at the disappearing lot, she said a silent goodbye to her old life. To her overprotective, yet loving father, her absentminded, yet affectionate mother & silly, yet smart sister. Feeling her eyes getting misty, Tiffany buried her face in her babies’ soft white coat until they were reasonably dry again. Taking in a deep breath, she turned her head & looked ahead to where her freedom was. Smiling in anticipation of her newfound life, she sat contently beside Yunho in his newly rent mercedes benz. She had never been this close to anyone other than her family for a long time, she mused. Her bodyguards had made sure of that. Even her childhood friends had left her ever since they realized that being with her had meant staying indoors & watching the fun from the sidelines but now, she had high hope that she would have her first taste of friendship again.

 

Gazing covertly at him, she took in his feature, the high pointed nose, the brilliant eyes & the luscious bow-shaped lips & sighed wistfully inside as she recalled the charismatic smile he had bestowed on the giggling salesgirl which had helped her enormously in getting the good price. He was such a good-looking guy & just looking at him had made her stomach tingle deliciously.

 

Yunho looked at the guy beside him & felt some strange senses tickling his insides. Convincing himself that it was hunger that was making his stomach fluttered, he ignored it & asked the first thought that had entered his mind, “Hey, what’s your real name?”

 

“It’s Tim.” The guy suddenly choked & after coughing for some time, he said smugly, “Timmy Hwang. Timmy Hwang Minjun. Hah.”

 

Yunho frowned at the sound of self-satisfied ‘Hah’, although it was said very softly. A clang of alarm abruptly started to resound in his head. Cursing himself for being careless, he asked suspiciously, “Why did you use another name? What’s your job before this? Show me your id.”

 

Tiffany was taken aback for a moment. The guy was just fine a second ago & then out of the blue, he becomes so suspicious & started to interrogate her but well, weird guys were everywhere. She just had to make sure this one wouldn’t violate her or anything. Realizing that Yunho was waiting for her answer, she decided to stick as close as possible to the truth so she wouldn’t forget the story in case it was brought back up again, “Tim Hwang is really my name. I used a different name because I was chased by my dad’s men. I was the son of a very famous & wealthy man but he was so controlling & meddlesome that I ran away but along the way, with Romeo & Hani’s food & changing cars ever so often, I ran out of money & on my way to sell my car, I bumped into you, literally. You know the rest of the story.”

 

Yunho looked incredulously at the guy beside him & burst out laughing, “Yeah, right. Come on, you can do better than that. There’s no way the son of a wealthy man would leave all those nice cars behind & settle on your junk of a car & you don’t look like a wealthy guy with your haircut. You must have whacked at it yourself & your air of amazement at everything as if you haven’t seen anything in life at all. Rich guys usually have this air of boredom around them. Tsk, you should have researched more about it & although your clothes look expensive, you could buy it at some second-hand store or steal it from somewhere.”

 

It was Tiffany’s turn to look incredulously at him, “What do you think? That I was so broke that I stole someone’s clothes & lied to you because I’m so desperate for somewhere to live & something to eat?” Tiffany asked sarcastically. This friendship thing wasn’t working out as well as she had first thought.

 

Yunho nodded in satisfaction. This was more like it. No guy in his right mind would choose that junk of hers as his baby. Unless Tim was a girl or a guy who didn’t know squat about cars. He glanced at Tim’s chest & smirked. Oh, he’s an ignorant guy alright. That region was as flat as only guys’ could be. He looked at his new servant & sighed in irritation, “Okay, so you are broke. So what? You don’t have to be ashamed of yourself as long as you are willing to work. So, what kind of job have you done before?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes in disbelief. Then she shrugged inwardly & decided to play along with him. If he wanted to believe his first impression then it was just fine with her. She said as dryly as she could, “I worked in a small grocery store at home. I didn’t finish high school so my job field is very limited. I was lucky I got that job but now I’m once again, without any job.” Seeing his raised eyebrow, Tiffany muttered, “A paid job, I mean.” Then with a more fierce tone, she warned him, “Don’t think you could bully me because I’m small. I worked in the meat department before so I know a lot about using knives & cutting things.”

 

Yunho looked at the guy skeptically but with some relief. Surely a psycho wouldn’t warn him about his skill with knives. He would just stab him & be done with it, right? “& where’s this hometown you are talking about?” He asked lightly.

 

“In Los Angeles.” Was the only answer he got. Yunho nodded in acceptance, knowing that the guy didn’t want him to probe further about his home but he didn’t worry about it much. Such a weak looking guy, he bet he could take him out in eight seconds & his admission about being good with knives must be a joke. The guy couldn’t even drive straight. Working with knives, he would have been bleeding to death already. So no, he had no worry whatsoever but he couldn’t resist adding, “Don’t get any idea about robbing me or anything because believe me, you would regret it for the rest of your life. I’m not a very forgiving person & neither is my family.” Glancing at the fluffs on the guy’s lap, he sneered, “& you had better keep those fluffs of yours away from me before I let my typhoon have a go at them. I know Taepung would love to have a taste of them.”

 

Gasping in alarm, Tiffany clasped her hands on her babies’ ears as she didn’t want them to hear what the jerk beside her said & so, the rest of the way to the Jung residence, Tiffany clutched them tightly to her chest while sending killing glares at Yunho regularly!


Yunho was only whistling as he felt the sharp looked pointing at him. All the while, his mind turned & whirled about ways to make this Timmy pay for crossing his path & hurting his baby.