A Moment in Time

A Moment in Time

Chapter 2

 

Yunho glowered at the young man who stepped out from the ancient Ford, cuddling a weird looking fluff. The guy was so small for a man that he looked more like a boy & his white skin was too smooth for a guy that he should wear a moustache or something to make him manlier. His only saving grace was his eyes as they were so expressive. Although the eyelashes were kind of a down point as they were too long even for a girl but no girl could be that flat chested, he reasoned, ‘Maybe I could break his nose & do him some services.’ He thought, feeling his spirit lifting up a bit by the thought.

 

That is, until he looked back at the junk that had hit his car. Scoffing in disgusts, he had to repress an instinctive shudder. That junk disguised as a car wasn’t worthy to even be on the same road as his baby. He stood right before the guy in an intimidating stance & clenched his teeth. As he thought about his dented baby, his voice rasped, “Did you realize how much damage you have done to my baby?”

 

Tiffany looked at her car with disgusts, too. While the guy’s car got a shallow little dent, the front of hers was crumpled like a two day newspaper. Resigned to her inevitably worsen financial state, she held onto Romeo tighter for support & made her voice as deep & apologetic as she could, “I’m sorry, sir. Really. It’s just that Romeo.” She gestured to the dog in her arm, “Jumped at me & made me lose control of the car but you see, my car is smashed worse than yours. So, can we forget about this?”

 

Yunho’s brown, almond-shaped eyes flared wide in astonishment & he stammered in shock, “For...For...Forget?” Then his voice boomed indignantly, “Forget?!” Suddenly, he felt as if breaking the guy’s sharp & pointed nose couldn’t even spell enough. Maybe strangling him would be remotely enough.

 

Tiffany winced inwardly, seeing his flashing eyes. She smiled uneasily & nodded awkwardly to placate him, “You see, I have no money to pay you & I have no insurance either. In fact, I was on my way to sell my car for food. Surely, you wouldn’t impose on me more?”

 

Yunho could feel his eyelids starting to twitch, “Impose?!” He bellowed, “I wouldn’t dream of imposing on you, sir, but you have to pay for the damage, even if you have to work for it because I don’t think the sale price of that junk could even cover my towing services.” Then he smiled wickedly, “Hmmm, no insurance you said? You could get a ticket for driving without any insurance, you know? I wonder what the police would do if I call them.”

 

Tiffany felt all her blood rushed down to her toes. If she got a ticket, in addition to paying for the damage, her babies would starve for sure & she would be forced to use her credit card, meaning that she would be fetched home quicker than she could blink & knowing her father, she would get no chance to run away again. She would be protected even crazier than before. Shaking her head, she looked at the guy in front of her pleadingly, “Oh please, don’t? Let me know how I could pay you because I really have no money.”

 

Yunho looked painfully at his audi & slowly, a wicked grin crept onto his small, oval-shaped face. He looked at his nemesis up & down & after a long minute, he flexed his long fingers, rubbed his knuckles & said softly, “Well, well, well, let me see how you could repay me.”

 

Tiffany instinctively tightened her hold on Romeo & cringed as she waited for the fists to do its damage. As if feeling her distress, Romeo growled & showed Yunho his teeth in warning. Tiffany quickly hushed him & looked at Yunho pitifully, “I’m ready.” She said; her voice trembling so badly. Actually, her body did, too. She was sure that she would crumpled into a rag doll in front of his feet if only she didn’t lean on the car for support. Swallowing hard, she forced the next words out, “But after you hit me, we would call it even, right?” Looking at the beseeching eyes, Yunho sighed & relented grudgingly, “Oh, alright. Since I can’t hit a weakling like you, here it goes. Sell the junk to pay the first installment & then you can work for me to pay for the rest. From my estimation, that junk of yours probably could give you five to eight hundred at most. The repair of my car would cost about three thousand at least. So, you work for me for five months & we will call it quit.” “What kind of work?” Tiffany asked suspiciously. The image of having to serve him in bed made all her hair stand up.

 

“Oh, this & that.” Yunho answered vaguely, enjoying the fact that the guy seemed to squirm uncomfortably from whatever he thought about. Yunho thought for a while & said wickedly, “You will do whatever I say. As if you are my servant, really.”

 

“What?! Servant?!” Tiffany screeched indignantly. Seeing Yunho’s frown, she cleared & started to speak indignantly in a deep voice again, “I will let you know, mister, that I’m.” Realizing what she was saying, Tiffany forced herself to swallow the rest of her words & glared at him.


“You what?”

 

“I’m a victim, too.” Tiffany mumbled.

 

“I don’t care. I’m more of a victim than you are. So, is it a yes or a no?” He quirked his thick eyebrow as he pulled out his iphone 4s & started dialing.

 

Tiffany snatched the cell phone & nodded reluctantly. Suddenly, she grinned & laughed merrily, not caring about Yunho’s confused look or the way he rolled his eyes. So what if he thought she was crazy? She had actually found the perfect solution for her problems.


There’s no way her father would think she had the guts to take a job as a servant. A guy servant as that. She wanted to pat herself on the back for having the ingenious idea to pass herself as a guy & the guy in front of her didn’t seem like the type who would take advantage of a guy the way he might be with a girl. All the nuisance of speaking in a deep voice, binding her s flat, wearing clothes that offended her sense of fashion & even cutting her hair short suddenly seemed like no sacrifice at all. Not when she could make herself disappeared without a trace & start living.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE:

since tomorrow is fourth of july, i don't have work so i will update as much as i can tomorrow ^^

- butt3rflyl0v3r