[ HELLO, STRANGER ]

Finding Lee Jaehwan

A/N: I'm back from the dead. I hope you enjoy this chapter, I put my blood, sweat, and tears on this. Love, Chopper


Hongbin screamed. He just watched his companion, someone who was almost like family to him, fall down into the deep abyss of the late afternoon. The faint afterglow of the setting sun cast upon the empty spot that Taekwoon once stood at, as an eerie silence flew out into the afternoon. It was shocking. What he thought was a great opportunity for the 4 of them, turned out to be the exact opposite. He was dead. He was actually dead. All of the green sprites disappeared with the sun, as night slowly started to form. The faint trace of the moon was beautifully breathtaking, contrasting against the darkness in the souls of the three men that blend along perfectly with the dark night. He heard a loud sob behind him. Jaehwan was leaning on a nearby crooked seat, as he wiped his eyes furiously on the edge of his coat. This scene was a scene that he never wanted to see again for the rest of his life. Wonsik looked so sad, so pale and fragile, as he just looked out the misty window. But then rapid footsteps were heard. 

"Are you idiots filming a drama without me? How dumb." 

Every man froze. Hongbin's legs felt like melting lead, as he slowly lifted his head to watch the said man. He was shivering all over, as he faced a soot-covered, yet perfectly solid man. He was looking utterly confused as he watched the shocked men. The moonlight cast upon through the windows of the train, shedding light onto the current situation. 

"What? Is there something on my fa-" 

"Taekwoon!" 

Jaehwan was immensely sobbing, as he immediately tackled the raven-haired man to the floor. He was letting out soft hiccups, as he wrapped his arms around the older's neck. He nuzzled his nose into the crook of the latter's neck as he let out incoherent words. 

"I though...left me...never do that again...I'm sorry..." 

Hongbin just watched the said scene unfurl in front of him, as he saw the older's friend turn into a light shade of red. He was awkwardly patting the brunette's back, as he reassured him that he was still perfectly alive. He whispered softly into Jaehwan's ear, as he nodded at Hongbin's direction. Hongbin thought, what would it be like if Taekwoon were to really disappear? Would they still be heading towards Beijing? Would they still depart as a group? 

Now, Hongbin actually realized how much Taekwoon was worth to the group, and he deeply appreciated the raven-haired man's effort on keeping the group alive. He was there in his up's and down's, the days in which he shined the most, and the days in which he just wanted to die. He didn't realize how much impact the man made on him, but it still didn't fill that empty spot in Hongin's heart. Hongbin yearned to be loved. Since his childhood, until now, he never felt somebody's love around him, warm arms wrapping around him as he feels safe in that someone's arms. He had a dark past, which caused him to undergo a temporary state of trauma and depression, along with a bit of panic and anxiety attacks. Since then, he always wanted to feel being loved, to have someone protect and care for you. To feel content with simply being in someone's arms, to have a particular source of light when everything goes dark. 

But life was not like that. 

Before Hongbin could realize what was going on, he was already plummeting downwards, towards the cold hard steel of the train. He braced himself for the impact, but then he felt warm arms wrap around him. Arms that he felt safe in. His shampoo smelled good too. 

"Oh, Mister, are you all right?" 

Hongbin heard a soft voice say from behind him, as he immediately realized the situation that he was in. He was in the arms. Of a complete stranger. And he was actually. Feeling. Safe. Maybe this was what they called fate? Naw, too cheesy. 

"Uhm..oh..yeah..yeah. I'm perfectly fine, thank you, by the way. I..uhm..I appreciate your..uhm..help." 

Hongbin was currently stuttering over his words as he continued to look down on the floor. He was rubbing his nape as he heard a soft chuckle emit from the stranger. 

"How cute. So, what are you guys doing - oh my, what happened here?" 

The blonde looked at the wide hole, features complete with an agape mouth and bulging eyes. He kept on blinking his eyes, as he refused to believe what was in front of him. 

"Did...uhm I don't want to-"

"We don't know what happened either." 

Wonsik spoke with his traditional deep voice as he indicated towards the gaping hole. The stranger slowly nodded with awe as he fixed the blue cap on top of his shiny mop of honey blonde hair. 

"Ok, I'm gonna report that to the chief later. Oh, where are my manners? Han Sanghyuk at your service." 

Sanghyuk gave a bow as he smiled brightly at the people in front of him. He was bouncing on his feet, as he looked around the scalding hot mess behind them. 

"Yeah. It was nice meeting you all, but I think I will have to g-" 

"Wait!" 

Hongbin didn't know why he called the younger latter. The said man looked at the gaping brunette with a smiling face. 

"Yeah?" 

"Erm..nothing, thank you again, though." 

"No problem!" 

The cheerful blonde waved again, as he ran down the aisle to the small compartment in the train. The 3 other men looked at Hongbin with apprehension written all over their faces, as they just smiled at him. 

"Our Binnie's in love." 


About an hour after the previous encounter with Sanghyuk, the men finally reached the crowded, bustling station in Hongkong. Jaehwan was still quite sleepy, as he leaned on his brown luggage. Taekwoon was fixing the arrangements for the hotel and the cab, while he looked around the stone walls for the said driver. Wonsik was still heaving his luggage from the train, as Hongbin waited for him to finish. The said brunette really can't get Sanghyuk out of his mind. His cheerful laughter, his cute, nervous expression, his soft locks of honey blonde hair, the way he looked in that officer uniform, everything about the man attracted Hongbin. Especially the way in which he felt safe in the younger's arms. He was still watching the said officer facilitate a proper and orderly exit of the excited tourists, visitors, parents, daughters, sons, and Hongbins. 

"Oh? Weren't you one of the people back at the train an hour ago? Hi again!" 

Sanghyuk soon spotted Hongbin, and helped carry down his and Wonsik's bag down the steps. He was still sporting his signature smile, and he smiled at every little kid he saw passing . Hongbin just wanted to jump off the window by now.  

"Erm..um..hi.." 

Hongbin must've looked like a completely idiotic idiot. He must've looked like he was suffering from the flu by now, and that's exactly what Sanghyuk thought. 

"Wah, you look sick, are you alright?" 

The young officer suddenly took off his navy blue cap as he pressed his forehead against Hongbin's. The latter suddenly blushed. Nobody did that nowadays, yet here a young officer resided and just did the old-fashioned way ( yet extremely cliché ) of checking if one has a fever. The younger blonde softly chuckled, as he straightened up to fix his tousled blonde hair. 

"You may not be sick, but you're already ridiculously warm! Wear thick layers of clothes next time, ok?" 

Sanghyuk slowly shrugged off his smooth navy blue coat off his shoulders and wrapped it around Hongbin. The latter was pretty sure he looked like a gigantic loser right then and there. Hongbin heard a soft slip of a chuckle from Sanghyuk as he surveyed his masterpiece. 

"The coat's too big on you, but it would do." 

The tall blonde grabbed Hongbin by the shoulders and lead him towards the metal stairs of the train. He gestured to Jaehwan, Taekwoon, and Wonsik standing at the corner of the train station, as he let out a soft smile. 

"Go, they're waiting for you." 

Hongbin was about to remove Sanghyuk's coat and return it to him, but the said latter just stopped him from doing so. 

"No. Keep it on, you'll get sick. We'll see each other later on, one way or another, and that's when I'll get it from you, ok?" 

Hongbin just slowly nodded, as he was gently pushed towards his friends. 

"Goodbye! Tell your friends I said hello!" 

Sanghyuk looked ridiculously cute in Hongbin's eyes as the blonde latter was hanging from a railroad pole, waving to Hongbin like there was no tomorrow. Hongbin was so distracted that he didn't notice the bump behind him, which resulted him on accidentally tripping over his own legs. 

"Yah, Hongbin, stop staring at your little crush and get moving!" 

Wonsik pushed Hongbin towards their reserved cab, as the brunette latter just blushed wildly. 

"Y..yah! I do not have a crush on Sanghyuk! Hems just really tall and kind and cute and handsome and ch-" 

"Yeah, yeah. We get it, Kong, now let's go!" 

Now it was Jaehwan himself that forced Hongbin into the cab. 


"Are you really sure you want to continue that type of business, Han Sanghyuk? You are in the Han family, a bloodline that is looked up to by everyone, yet you want to be a train station helper?" 

Han Woogyun, father of Han Sanghyuk, also known as the biggest businessman in Asia, was shouting at his son through the other side of the phone. His son, Sanghyuk, let out a soft sigh, as he plopped himself down on his brown couch. His father was calling him to check how he was doing as a train manager, and he gave another lecture about priorities and changes in life. 

"You're the only heir I can possibly have for this business! The Han reputation will be ruined because of you! Such a disgrace you are, Han Sanghyuk! Why did I have a son like you!" 

"Ap-" 

His dad hung up. 

"Appa? Yah, Appa! Aish, he hung on me again." 

Sanghyuk let out an annoyed sigh as he ran his hand through his blonde hair. Sanghyuk didn't get why he needed to uphold a crappy image and wearing itchy black suits and tight collared pullovers. Everything in his life . He abandoned his dad to become a train station worker, which was deemed really stupid by his parents. Sanghyuk always loved traveling, though. He loved the way the warm air blew against his face as the soft humming of the train engine always calmed him down as he ushered people into their respective compartments. 

He loved it this way. Nobody forced him to go to prissy meetings and fancy parties wearing either too tight or too big suits and talking to 'future business partners' said his dad. Nobody knew him as the son of the famous Han Woogyun, and nobody became friends with him just because of money. Sanghyuk propped his legs up on his coffee table. He then went back to the scene this morning at the train station. Hongbin, what a cute name. He remembered the latter's full lips and his sharp jawline and his big bright eyes filled with wonder, how he wanted to see all of those once again. 

Sanghyuk didn't know what triggered him to catch the latter anyway, he never did that for anyone. Well, now, except for Hongbin. 


"Woah." 

Jaehwan dropped his luggage with an echoing thud, as he scanned the building in front of him with eyes full of amazement and wonder. The hotel in front of him seemed to be like a fairytale wonderland. It was bright gold with some strings of black here and there, and it was just amazing. Jaehwan thought he was yet in another dream, that's why he didn't notice it when Taekwoon started to get his bags. 

"Yah Taekwoon, I can carry my own bags!" 

Jaehwan softly slapped Taekwoon on the back, as he played up a facade of being annoyed, but in the inside, butterflies were in his stomach as he saw Taekwoon carrying his bags for him. It felt like one of those ridiculously cliche romance movies, the movies that Jaehwan always watched with the kids in the orphanage, all of them in the slowly deteriorating couch in the middle of the meeting room. He always thought that the actresses were overreacting when they saw their boyfriends carry their stuff for them, but then now Jaehwan realized how it really feels like. Wait, Taekwoon wasn't his boyfriend! Jaehwan immediately blushed at the thought, as he hesitantly followed Taekwoon from behind. 

After checking in and patiently waiting at the lobby, Jaehwan felt a soft pounding in his head. It was just a small contraction, but it incredibly hurt in Jaehwan's case. He let out a soft groan of pain, as he clutched on his head that was currently buried in his hands. The pounding grew stronger, as Jaehwan let out a strangled cry of pain. His head felt like it was about to split anytime, and he felt his legs giving away as he fell to the floor.

"Are you alright?" 

Leo was now beside him, kneeling in front of him to be in eye level. He looked at Jaehwan with concern evident in his eyes, as he softly the younger's hair. 

"Jaehwan? What's the matter?" 

Jaehwan was now crying from the internal pain he was experiencing, the pain now traveling to his guts as he felt someone lift him off from the ground. 

"Wonsik, Hongbin, what do we do?" 

Taekwoon was now carrying the weak Jaehwan in his arms, looking at the younger with a look of panic and terror. Hongbin immediately settled Jaehwan on their hotel room's bed, looking up at Taekwoon with a look of confusion. 

"It burns! Taekwoon it hurts!' 

Jaehwan was now full-on screaming as he banged on the granite floor of their room. The rest of the men now felt a surge of concern as they watched Jaehwan helplessly, not knowing what to do to help him. After about half a minute, Jaehwan's screaming stopped. He sat frozen on the floor, unmoving. Taekwoon slowly approached the latter with utmost caution, as he slowly the younger's back. 

"Jaehwan? Jae, are you ok?" 

Jaehwan still remained unmoving. Taekwoon was slowly scared for the younger, as he saw the younger flinch. Jaehwan slowly turned his head to stare at the 3 men. His eyes were bright green, and there was something about his smile that seemed off to the rest of the men. 

"I..I will gain revenge!" 

Jaehwan's eyes rolled to the back of his head, as his body went limp and was falling towards the floor. Before Jaehwan could hit the granite tiles, Taekwoon caught him and settled him on the bed. He stared at the younger with concern-filled eyes. 

"Jaehwan, what happened to you?" 

Taekwoon softly murmured the words to Jaehwan's ear, as he the younger's ebony black hair, snuggling in closer to the soft silk sheets of the bed.