[ DEPARTURE ]

Finding Lee Jaehwan

A/N: OMY GODS I PRACTICALLY ABANDONED THIS STORY I'M SO SORRY, BUT FINALS ARE NEXT WEEK AND I NEEDED TO REVIEW. I CAN ONLY GIVE YOU GUYS A SHORT CHAPTER FOR NOW, SORRY! IT WILL GET BETTER, I PROMISE YOU. 

 

 

"Truly exemplary, Joongki. Really exemplary..." 

A particular raven-haired man walked around the wide expanse of the cold and empty cave that settled way below the land of Korea. Stalactites and stalagmites were scattered everywhere, as a particular white bat was perched on a rock, shivering with fright as his unusually wide eyes followed the latter around. 

"M..m..master! It...its all true! I saw h..him! I saw the real L..L..Lee Jaehwan!" 

The bat shriveled up in fright as the said master looked down upon him. His rolling eye was staring eerily down on him as his pale fingers brushed themselves across the cool countertop. 

Taegoon sold his soul, yes, his entire spirit, to a dark wizard. He wanted to get revenge on the Lee's, so he was blinded by rage and soon ended up on doing rash decisions. In exchange for his cold soul, he got dark powers that nobody could escape from. Elements that came from way before, soon became his. But, the downside is, his body parts de-attach. 

"So he really didn't die?" 

Occasionally, his left eyeball will fall out, or maybe his whole right hand will unexpectedly hang limply from his arm. It was an utmost pain, but hey, power comes with a price. 

He continued staring at the bat with an expression of utmost interest. 

"Very well."

He secured his index finger back into place as he paced around the cold dungeon. 

"Very well, indeed." 

-_-_-

"So you're telling me that you're three thieves who started living in the palace after Taegoon's uprising?" 

Jaehwan was wearing a trench coat with a grey beanie as he looked questioningly at the three men. He had his chin on his palm, as he rested his elbow on his knee.

"Well if you put it that way, then yeah." 

Hongbin, the youngest of the three, held up a small notebook and started listing things down. He got a quill and a bottle of ink and gently dipped the quill in the small bottle. 

"Clothes?" 

'Check." 

"Money?" 

"Check." 

"Ok, wait a minute, give me a second first, if you don't mind." 

Hongbin stopped listing things down and got a new notebook out from his bag. Jaehwan was thinking if Hongbin actually collects notebooks for a living. The 2 remaining men crowded around him and stared at him. 

"So, tell us your story." 

"How did you get here?" 

"Why did you go here?"

"How did you lo-" 

"Will you 2 nincompoops shut up!" 

Jaehwan blurted out loud to the bubble-gum haired latter and the raven-haired latter annoyingly. Jaehwan's patience was wearing thin because of these 3 men. 

"One at a time please." 

Jaehwan hugged his coat closer to him as he leaned closer to the table. His chestnut brown locks were now escaping from the wrath of the beanie as his lips were curled into an involuntary pout. Taekwoon didn't know why, but he felt this nagging feeling in his chest. 

"What?" 

Taekwoon said as he diverted his gaze from the younger. 

"Oh, wait, I'm sorry. I forgot you can't understand the human language." 

Ooh's were heard all over the small train compartment. 

Taekwoon glared at Jaehwan with an intensity that can shake mountains. Jaehwan glared back. The 2 remaining men watched with fear. 

After about 5 minutes of just glaring at each other, Jaehwan yawned and smiled.

"So, now can you 2 ask questions one at a time?" 

He glanced at the men and they just nodded in agreement, eager to let their words slip out from their mouths. 

"So, what's your name?" 

Jaehwan sighed

"I told you, I had amnesia as a kid, so I don't know anything about my past." 

"Where did you live as a child?" 

"Orphanage." 

"Until where do you remember? I mean until what year do you remember of your past?" 

"When I was....8 years old." 

"Well, I don't have much to say anymore. How about..favorite color?" 

"Oh shut up!" 

-_-

After 30 minutes passed, the silence in the compartment was only disrupted when a particular brunette coughed. 

"I think I will be taking my leave." 

Jaehwan stood up and smiled. He brushed the dust from his beige coat and opened the door to the compartment. He shut it gently as the wind blew on the faces of the 3 men.

"Taekwoon likes him."

"Pretty obvious." 

"Can you guys shut up?!? I'm still here. Psh, almost as impossible as Hongbin and his Park Hoy Sheen or something." 

Taekwoon muttered the last part to himself. But judging by Hongbin glared intensely at the raven-haired latter, he guessed that he was not the only one who heard it
 

"Shut up, hyung. I know, well, correction, Wonsik and I know, that you dig him." 

Taekwoon just let out a deep sigh.
 
-_-_

1 hour passed and they were still in the train. The chugging of the rails and the loud humming of the engine gave a calming aura inside the compartment. Wonsik was eating seaweed while he looked out the foggy window. Snow was starting to fall, and the inside of the train was no exception to its cold wrath. Wonsik was now wearing two layers of coats as Hongbin also did the same. He hugged his knees close to him as he rubbed his cold hands together. Jaehwan was sleeping and had his shoulder on Taekwoon's shoulder. Taekwoon was also sleeping and had his head on top of the young brunette's own head. The 2 men chuckled as Hongbin snapped a picture. 

"Totally my No. 1 OTP for life." 

Hongbin sneered as he started listing possible 'OTP' names for the sleeping latters. 

"JaeWoon?" 

Now Wonsik was joining in with the fun.

"Naw, too weird." 

"TaekHwan?" 

"Possible." 

"Yeah, let's just go with TaekHwan." 

Hongbin crossed out the title 'Beijing' from his notebook and replaced it with the word 'TaekHwan'. 

"There you go!" 

Silence drifted in the air as the two men started to guess how the latters will end up. 

"Maybe Woon's gonna face the king and the king will fall in love with Woon!" 

"And the people who'll end up together is the king and Taekwoon!" 

They laughed out loud. Guffaws were heard here and there all over the compartment while they were still gasping for breath. 

"TaekKing!" 

Both of them were now on the floor gasping for breath, which caused the 2 others to suddenly wake up. 

"Oh jesus, have mercy on me." 

Wonsik was now fanning his face, which was burning red. 

"Will you two please shut up." 

Taekwoon now woke up and gently laid Jaehwan's head on the window. 

"Knew you liked him~" 

Hongbin sing-songed as he dodged the latter's punch. 

"But what if he really is the prince?' 

Wonsik muttered as he intently observed the slightly snoring latter. The way his lips curled into a pout in every exhale just put a cherry on top. 

"Just maybe." 


-_-_-_


A loud chugging disrupted the silence in the compartment. The train was shaking and the engine was humming loudly. The 4 men were giving each other nervous glances as they looked out the window. Green wisps of light flew from everywhere as they made wild scratching sounds on the hard material of the train. Taekwoon then gathered everyone outside the compartment as they met a sight that made the hair in the back of their necks stand up. 

Their compartment was threatening to de-attach from the rest of the train. The sky was fully seen, as the harsh wind stinged their faces.

The engine below them was humming out of control, as tanks were exploding one by one. The chain connecting their compartment with the rest of the train was now threatening to melt at the intense heat from the humming engine. 

Jaehwan involuntarily clung onto the nearest person, which was Hongbin. Taekwoon felt a pang in his chest as he watched the younger bury his head in the crook of Hongbin's neck in fright. 

Wait, what was he thinking! He needed a plan to get out of this train without someone dying. 

"Wonsik! Yah Wonsik!" 

Taekwoon managed to shout over the loud humming of the engine, as the cotton candy-haired man looked at his direction. 

"Yah hyung, what do we do!" 

Wonsik shouted over the now high-pitched humming of the train. He was struggling to stabilize himself, as he had a tight grip on a nearby wooden pole. 

"Hongbin, jump!" 

Hongbin looked incredulously at Taekwoon as he stared at him with eyes filled with confusion. 

"Let go of Jaehwan and jump!" 

Taekwoon pointed to the other side of the train, as they heard the chains slowly creaking and melting apart. Hongbin finally seemed to get the message and gave the shaking Jaehwan into the arms of the tall raven-haired man. The young brunette immediately attached himself to Taekwoon's  torso.

He hesitated for a while, but he then eventually jumped up to the other side of the shaking train. 

It seemed as if everything was in slow motion. Hongbjn ran to the back of the compartment and prepared to jump across the chugging train. He finally gave a mighty leal, and it seemed as if he was flying. His brown hair went everywhere, as he squinted his eyes to focus on landing at the other side of the train. The 3 other men watched with anticipation as Hongbin stayed in the air.

The air was tense, until Hongbin landed on his two feet at the other side of the train. Everybody let out sighs of relief as Wonsik suddenly felt a boost o reassurance in his veins. If Hongbin could do it, then he could do it. He closed his eyes shut, let out a small 'fighting', and took a deep breath. 

He jumped up with all the strength in his legs and stretched them out towards the opposite side of the train. He, too, landed safely on his two feet. 

"Ok, now listen carefully Jaehwan. I need you to use all of the power in your legs to strech out and land safely on the other side of the train, ok? Don't worry, Hongbin and Wonsik are already there."

Taekwoon the younger's chestnut brown hair in encouragement. It feet weird being like this. Just an hour ago they were fighting, niw he was comforting the younger. What exactly was happening to him? 

Jaehwan hummed in agreement as he wiped his puffy eyes using the back of his sleeve. He sent a small 'fighting' to himself as he let out a deep breath. He jumped up high and stretched his legs towards the opposite compartment. He succeeded. He let out a small victory dance in place as he hugged the 2 men along with him. Cute, Taekwoon thought, 

The raven-haired man was about to take his jump, but then that's where he felt someone push him from behind.