Bet

Falling for the Wrong One

 

 

 

A defeaning silence enveloped the both of us on the way to the karaoke bar. Embarrassment was engraved at tao's face because of that sudden incident. He didn't know if he should say sorry, if he should be angry because kris was too close to him that they really kiss, or if he should be emmbarrass and be awkward with him. 

 

 

First he don't have the guts to say sorry to the guy because it was technicaly the tall guys fault, but also it was also his fault that he was thingking something stupid. Also he shouldn't be embarrassad because it already happenned. ARRGGGGG...

 

 

 

He just said the most natural thing to clear it up and maybe crash the wall of silence between them." Ummm...let me just clear it up...i-i just want to be f-friends with you" 

 

 

 

 

A smile creepped it's way to the blonds lip," me too " The tall guy replied.

 

 

 

" Ummm so where exactly is the karaoke bar? " Kris asked him looking at him while trying not to let the car go crashing. 

 

 

 

 

" Really? " Tao tried to lighten the mood up by teasing the tall guy.

 

 

 

 

" Well i wouldn't have to ask you if i al-- " The blond one tried to sarcastically answer my teasing question  but was stopped by the latter when he put a finger in those kissable lips of kris. 

 

 

 

" Okay okay...i'll show you no need to answer" The dark haired boy said with annoyance in it's eyes. Kris just smiled the annoyance in the boys face, he know that it's not really annoyance but rather amusement.

 

 

 

 

" Okay...but please don't bring me to a motel...because i'm still , YA KNOW ! " Kris teased the boy and tao just rolled his eyes smiling a bit.

 

 

 

" As if anyone would like to touch you" Tao teased back playfully pushing kris away from him.

 

 

 

Kris just sigh but rather a spark of enjoyment in his eyes.

 

 

 

" For you're information almost all the girls who knows me are kneeling down infront of me my impossibly large ...you don't know you could be the next. "Tao just rolled his eyes to the self-lie-compliment kris just gives himself.

 

 

 

" For your ity's sake i wouldn't KNEEL DOWN in front of you and that IMPOSSIBLY LARGE of yours" Tao said with sarcasm in his voice and raising his hands simply quoting in the air with his two fingers repeating what Yi Fan had said.

 

 

 

" Oh better" Kris smiled at me, whislt the other exageretad rolled his eyes but a small smile is visibly through his lips.

 

 

 

" OH THERE ! THERE ! THERE ! " Kris shouted in tao's ears pointing to a karaoke bar they had just passed.

 

 

 

" I know...don't shout my eardrums are going to pop if you continue to shout " Zitao complained, his pass human ability on shouting in somebody else's ears. He think thanks to him he would lose the ability to hear. 

 

 

 

" Sorry..." Kris smiled sheppishly.

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

Oh my, I don’t know why my heart is fluttering like this
While I’m in front of you, I don’t even know your name but
Oh your heavenly stare is really
Alright Alright Alright Alright..." Tao sings like he is a professional at it. 

 

 

 

" Awww this is a little bit boring...wanna play a game"  Tao hear kris suggested. A game? ummmm...

 

 

 

 

" Sure why not" The other said taking a drink from MY soju can. He really like to play a game, he just waited for kris to suggest, because he don't how what to play.

 

 

 

" Ummmm...what about a bet?" kris suggested smiling a bit when he sees tao lighten up with the idea.

 

 

 

" That would be great !" 

 

 

 

" Okay.... so we play a song and the one who gets the highest will be the slave for the remaining time...game?" Tao thought about the idea for a second, before considering the possibility that he could lose cuz he's not that good a singer, but I also consider the fact that if i wins he could make kris anything he want.

 

 

 

Before he could even know it, his head nods as a sign of saying yes. That's all what kris wants, if he wins he could make tao a slave for the rest of the day. But if he lose that would be a disaster.

 

 

 

" Okay let's start...so who sings first?"--Kris

 

 

A minute of defeaning silence passed between them until tao speaks first. 

 

 

 

" Me i want to sing first" Tao raised his hands in anticipation. Naturally he doesn't want to sing first, but after he think of it thoroughly he accepted to play first. He thought that he could show yifan how good am i and intimidate the later, causing it to be unfocused and lose the game.

 

 

 

Kris thought for a moment what kind of song tao's going to choos. Tao started to press the numbers when he was finished picking the song he wants. I'm a little startled when the title appeared, because his choice of song was distinct from what his personality is showing. He choose the song I'm not the only one.

 

 

 

His character are always smiling, happy, bright, but when he look at him, he see a different tao other's maynot have seen it. For a second Kris saw a sad look in his eyes, a look that could mean a hundred things. 

 

 

 

 

Then tao started to sing...

 

 

 

 

"You and me, we made a vow
For better or for worse
I can't believe you let me down
But the proof's in the way it hurts

For months on end I've had my doubts
Denying every tear
I wish this would be over now
But I know that I still need you here

[Chorus:]
You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

You've been so unavailable
Now sadly I know why
Your heart is unobtainable
Even though Lord knows you kept mine

[Chorus:]
You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

I have loved you for many years
Maybe I am just not enough
You've made me realize my deepest fear
By lying and tearing us up

[Chorus 2x:]
You say I'm crazy
'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one

I know I'm not the only one
I know I'm not the only one
And I know...
I know I'm not the only one"

 

 

*KRIS*

 

 

 

Right after he sings, the tall guy have the urge to hug him and make him feel comfortable and contented with his love. But then again I don't have the right to do that because i'm not his partne. I don't know the reason for his sadness.  But i know deep in my self that this is the guy i have been waiting for, not a ing woman but a wonderful guy  i want for the rest of his life.

 

 

For  a second kris was lost in his own thoughts, thingking of the possible future of himself with his lovely wife named, Huwan Zi Tao, but will be changed to Wu Zi Tao. I could give him everything he desires, everything he wants, and everything he asked for. Thingking of that bright future a contented and happy grin creep it's way to my lips. 

 

 

 

While i was lost in my own world, he didn't realized tao was giving me an odd look. When i retuned to my consciousness, i quickly organize my form without blushing for my embarrasment.

 

 

 

" What's with the grin?" Tao asked oddly.

 

 

 

"Nothing!" I quickly answered, evading his eyes.

 

 

 

Tao got a score of 95. Looking prideful for what he got, he silently turned to me and lok at me with disgust. Well i wouldn't blame him, a 95 score is hnot easily to beat, it take guts to beat that high score. 

 

 

 

 

" Your turn" Tao slowly give me the mic.

 

 

At first i didin't knwo what i'm going to sing, until i settle with Happy by Pharrell Williams

 

 


"It might seem crazy what I'm about to say
Sunshine she's here, you can take a break
I'm a hot air balloon that could go to space
With the air, like I don't care baby by the way

{Uh}

[Chorus:]
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I'm happy
Clap along if you feel like that's what you wanna do


Here come bad news talking this and that, yeah,
Well, give me all you got, and don't hold it back, yeah,
Well, I should probably warn you I'll be just fine, yeah,
No offense to you, don't waste your time
Here's why

[Chorus]

{Hey
Go
Uh}

[Bridge:]
(Happy)
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
I said (let me tell you now)
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
My level's too high
Bring me down
Can't nothing
Bring me down
I said

[Chorus x2]

{Hey
Go
Uh}

(Happy) [repeats]
Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down... my level's too high...
Bring me down... can't nothing...
Bring me down, I said (let me tell you now)

[Chorus x2]

{Hey
C'mon}"

 

 

The song starts slowly to end. When i look at Tao's face, i saw a different lokk in his face than when his singing before. I saw a sad one that has a smile facade but starting to lighten up, that's what i'm planning before the day ends, to make tao completely smile. 

 

 

 

When the song finily end, we quitly wait for my score to appear. When my score appeared a simple sigh leave my mouth.While i got a hollow gasp from tao. I got 96, that meanse i'm the winner, i can make tao my slave for the rest of the day.

 

 

 

After a few breathless of silence tao was the one to speake. " so... what's the first command?" then a small smile reached my lips for a simple thought entered my mind.

 

 

 

" My first and last command....Kiss me" Tao started to complaint with the command, but i stood my ground against his complaint and killing glare symbolizing that i won't give up with it.

 

 

 

"Two kiss in one day, with my fine and pink lips....what a lucky man you are" Tao grumbled.

 

Slowly tao approach me. Small steps, until he reach me. I'm now towering over him and a devious grin is seen. After a few seconds of total silence, feeling each others breaths and a deep eyecontact. He swiftly smack his soft lips to mine. I didn't expect it so it took me three seconds to get over the feeling. The kiss last for one seconds, enough time for me to feel how soft and deceiving his lips are. That's when i really told myself that this is the guy i want to have my Forever.