Chapter 9

Little Luhan

Sehun dashed out of the dance studio and headed straight for the direction that he knows by heart. He felt his heart leaping in both nervousness and excitement and that brought back to the time when he confessed to his hyung for the first time. He remembered clearly the bouquet of flowers that he had in his hands. He remembered the blush that painted Luhan’s cheeks. He remembered everything really well that it felt like it was yesterday when they first got together.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun sent a text to Luhan on the April when the cherry blossoms were in full bloom to meet him at the park where they usually had their playdates. He learnt from his mother that his birth father confessed to his mother in this beautiful season. He learnt from Kyungsoo how the other man loved spring because it reminds him of how he tied the knot with his husband and how he met his bundle of joy. Sehun learnt to appreciate this wonderful season and he fell in love during the same season when he was still just a child.

 

Sehun stood nervously at the playground and stared at the bouquet of flowers carefully. He did not know where he plucked up the courage to even think of confessing to the older man. Maybe it was on instinct? Maybe it is the magic of spring? Maybe Jongin appa gave him the courage to do it? Maybe when he realised that he is old enough to have a relationship? Whatever the reason is, Sehun knows that he wants to confess to the man who he has been in love with all his life.

 

Sehun looked up when he sees Luhan crossing the road towards the park. His scarf covered his red nose. Sehun noted how Luhan looks cute and fluffy all wrapped up in the scarf. Luhan smiled up at him when he sees Sehun standing nervously in the park with his hands behind his back.

 

“The cherry blossoms are in full bloom, Sehunnie.” Luhan said the moment he stood next to him.

 

“Yeah, it is. It’s the perfect time to confess your feelings too,” Sehun said as he hoped that Luhan got the hint.

 

“Yeah, mama told me that Uncle Jongin tied the knot with Aunty Kyungsoo in spring too,” Luhan noted.

 

“And I am going to do just that,” Sehun mumbled which is loud enough for Luhan to hear.

 

“Ex-excuse me?” Luhan stuttered as his cheeks tinted red.

 

Sehun held his hand out with the bouquet of flowers in it. It was a weird combination to him but it was definitely Luhan’s favourites. Sehun remembers really well that Luhan said that he wanted someone to give him them – tulips and forget-me-nots. “What is this, Sehun-ah?” Luhan asked nervously.

 

“Luhan, I have been in love with you since we are kids. I always thought that it was just some dumb kiddy love but it developed into something more since the time I stepped into high school. Now that I have graduated from high school, I just want to confess my feelings to you, hyung. I love you. I love your laughter. I love your smile. I love how you scrunched up your nose when you sleep. I love how you look so fluffy with you scarf tied around your neck. Will you be my boyfriend?” Sehun asked and looked at Luhan expectantly.

 

“I—I don’t know what to say, Sehun. I never thought that you loved me that way. I just—“

 

“—just get to the point, hyung. Will you be mine?” Sehun asked once again as he was afraid of being rejected by the other.

 

“Yes, Sehun! I would be yours!” Luhan said as he jumped into Sehun’s waiting arms.

 

If his parents have a bouquet of flowers that represents their love, he and Luhan would have their own bouquet to represent theirs – Tulips and forget-me-nots.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He stopped by the florist which is just next to their mothers’ café and got the bouquet of tulips and forget-me-nots. Sehun paid the florist before walking out of the shop. He did not notice that the dark clouds are coming till the raindrops fell. Sehun cursed inwardly because he did not want it to destroy the flowers in his hand. He did one thing that he knows was dumb but he covered the flowers with the jacket around him. He dashed for the apartment. Once he was at the lobby, Sehun dried himself a little before walking up the stairs. He did not mind being wet from head to toe but he would definitely mind if the flowers got wet.

 

Sehun took a deep breath before knocking on the wooden door. It took Luhan more than ten minutes to actually open it. Once he did, Sehun noticed that Luhan looks genuinely shocked by his presence there. Luhan stared at him for a good five minutes before breaking down into tears. Luhan clung onto his body like a koala like his life depended on it before walking them into the apartment.

 

When Luhan has calm down, Sehun gave the flowers to the older man to which Luhan thanked silently. Luhan kissed Sehun on his lips and that was enough of an assurance that Luhan has forgiven him. Luhan got up and walked to his bedroom and gestured for Sehun to follow. Sehun did like he was told to. He trailed behind his boyfriend. He noted that Luhan has been unusually quiet. Whenever they had small arguments, Luhan would cling onto him the next day when they meet. Sehun walked into the room and sat on the bed. He saw the plastic bag next to him but chose to ignore them.

 

“Change into this. You’ll catch a cold.” Luhan said softly.

 

Sehun changed into the sweater Luhan gave him – which fit him perfectly, surprisingly. Sehun got out of the bathroom when he sees Luhan staring at a stick that he recognises very well as a pregnancy test. His feet became rooted on the ground when he sees the tests in Luhan’s hands. This is a joke right? Luhan wouldn’t be pregnant right? no, they are too young to be parents. Is that the reason why Luhan was so down when he arrived at the apartment? Sehun sat next to his boyfriend and wrapped his hand around the man’s shoulder, pulling him closer to him.

 

“What should I do, Sehun? What should we do?” Luhan asked as he tried to surpress another sob.

 

“I—I don’t know. We can keep it if you want. We can abort it if you’re not ready,” Sehun said softly because truth to be told, he is not ready to father a kid at the age of 21.

 

He has a whole future ahead of him. He just started his career as a Choreographer. He has a lot more opportunities ahead of him. And having a kid would actually mean one thing; his future is compromised. He won’t have as much opportunities because he has a family to think about. He has two people to feed at the same time – Luhan and their child. If Sehun was given a chance, he would run away. He would run away from everything – from his responsibilities as the other parent. But the promise that he made with Baekhyun, the love he felt for Luhan, the family that he has always dreamed of building with Luhan became his priority at the moment.

 

“I want to keep the baby, Sehun. This is the only living proof of our love,” Luhan said softly.

 

Sehun swallowed thickly at the thought of fathering a child at this age and the responsibilities to come. “We will raise the child together. I will talk to your parents into letting you to move in with me,” Sehun said. “Do you want to cuddle?” Sehun asked as he put the pregnancy tests away and pulled Luhan down on the bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan rested his head on Sehun’s hard chest as he replayed the scene from earlier. How he actually informed Sehun about his pregnancy. It actually surprises him that he managed to utter the words out. He would not have been able to do it if it was someone other than Sehun fathering the child. He was caught off guard when Sehun was rendered speechless by the outbreak. Luhan was on the verge of tears when he looked into Sehun’s distant eyes. He knows really well that Sehun has big dreams – that can make him the world renowned choreographer. He remembers really well how Sehun wanted to travel all the way to New York City to learn more about Ballet – the dance piece that his late father did.

 

Luhan knows that being parents at the age of 21 and 22 respectively is a little too young. Both of them are not even capable of supporting themselves how are they going to support this little bean of life. Fathering a child is huge responsibility for the both of them. This is something they should not be joking about. Luhan was never one who would abort an innocent child. His dream was to have a child on his own. He wants to build a family together with Sehun. No one else but Sehun.

 

“We can abort the child if you want to. If this child is a burden to the both of us, we can abort it. We can try again for another child when we are married or something,” Luhan said softly.

 

Sehun got up from his position on the bed when he heard the word abort. Sehun would never kill an innocent child. It is against the law and his beliefs. It was because they were not careful enough that this life is growing inside of his boyfriend. And this only calls for them to be responsible for it.

 

Sehun brought his boyfriend’s tears stained face between his hands. “We will not abort this child even if it means it would get in the way of my dreams. My dreams can wait. I can achieve it when berry is older. Our main focus right now is to bring this child into this world and nothing else. We made him; we have to be responsible for him.” Sehun said and planted a kiss on Luhan’s forehead.

 

Luhan blushed at how Sehun addressed their child as berry. But he nodded his head nonetheless when he realises that Sehun wants to be responsible for it.

 

A/N: this will be the only update this week because my weekends are filled and idk if I am able to update. I might go on a hiatus soon because I have finals to prepare for as I did badly for my projects and no I do not want to retake this semester’s modules. I will officially announce when my hiatus would be. But right now, it would be a semi-hiatus then.

 

Anyway, I would like to wish my Muslim Readers Happy Eid. I am like 3 days early but I might not be able to wish on the day itself.

 

xoxo