Chapter 8

Little Luhan

Sehun woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs cooking in the kitchen. He smiled at the thoughts that it might be his Luhan cooking breakfast for him. He rolled over to his side and buried his head in the pillow. He looked up when he realises that there wasn’t the familiar scent of roses and strawberries – the one that he has grown accustomed to. Sehun sat in bed and frowned when he knew that he was actually dreaming. He walked to the connected bathroom and washed up before heading out to the kitchen.

 

Once he was in the kitchen, he was greeted with a petite figure cooking in his kitchen. There was a man who is as tall as his father standing behind the small male. He has his arms wrapped around the other’s waist and kissed the shoulders over and over again. Sehun scoffed at the sight because who else would be cooking in his kitchen at 9 in the morning other than his mother. He sat on the living room couch and turned the TV to the morning news. He flipped the channel because he just wasn’t in the mood to watch the morning news. His mind is just filled with someone; Luhan. The look on Luhan’s face haunted him the whole night. The tears that brimmed in his eyes reminded himself of his mistake for the past month. Is not spending enough time with his boyfriend taking a toll on him?

 

“Oh! Sehunnie! You’re awake!” Sehun heard his mother squeal. He only nodded his head to his parents, acknowledging their presence in his home.

 

“I made breakfast. Your favourite,” Kyungsoo said as he dumped the meal on the table.

 

“Thanks umma,” Sehun mumbled and took a bite of the bacon.

 

“So, how was your first night? Is Luhan talking to you?” His mother bombarded him with questions.

 

“It was good. But we are kind of fighting now,” Sehun said as he leaned back into the couch.

 

“Guessed so.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

 

“What do you mean umma?” Sehun asked.

 

“Auntie Baekhyun called me this morning and he told me that Luhan is sick. He came back home from your apartment with swollen eyes and I guessed that it has everything to do with you,” Kyungsoo said as he pointed an accusing finger towards Sehun way.

 

Sehun sighed and placed the plate on the table. He looked over his parents and relates to them what happened between them. Kai was laughing at the end because he claimed that it reminded to him of a pregnant Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo hit his husband on his arm when he recalled that same memory. Sehun shoulders slumped as he watches his parents getting into their small couple arguments. He wished that it was him and Luhan. Sehun was reminded of the tear-eyed Luhan from the night before and he swore that he wouldn’t want to see that ever again. He admits that it was him to blame. But he was annoyed too that Luhan was rude to a friend of his.

 

Sehun got up and gathered the plates, leaving them in the sink. “Umma, appa, I am going to work. You guys can stay if you want. You have the spare key right?” Sehun as he headed to his room.

 

Sehun could not focus during work. He wasn’t in his best moods and every single thing that his students did just pisses him off. He snapped at them a number of times that causes that to cringe. He ended the lesson earlier than schedule and told them to revise the steps that he taught because he would be having a test on the next day. He walked to the floor-to-ceiling window in the dance studio and watches from above for his beloved to step out of the café. Sehun’s need to see Luhan that day grew stronger over time. The thoughts of Luhan sitting alone at home because he wasn’t feeling well hurt him deeply. Is Luhan doing well? Is he going to be fine? Does Luhan really mean it when he says that he doesn’t want Sehun around the whole day? Because from what he knows, Luhan always wants him to cuddle him whenever he is unwell.

 

He punched the window and pulled his hair out in frustration when he did not get a glimpse of his beloved. He got even more annoyed now that he knows Aunty Baekhyun would not allow him to visit Luhan. It was just one small mistake and Aunty Baekhyun forbade him from visiting him. He did not get his boyfriend pregnant. Or maybe he did? The thoughts that he might have gotten his boyfriend pregnant killed him deeply. Did he really? Because a month ago, when they had , he did not use protection.

 

Sehun looked up from the window when he heard rustling coming from the doorway. He smiled when he sees it was Taemin with another young and tall man beside him. “Hey,” Taemin greeted. “I found out from the reception that you ended class early and I got worried. Minho brought some muffins from the café across the street and I thought of sharing it with you.” Taemin explained.

 

Sehun smiled at his new found friend and took the muffins from him. “Thanks,” Sehun thanked.

 

“Its nothing. Oh. This is Minho. My boyfriend that I told you about,” Taemin shyly introduced.

 

Sehun looked up when he sees the taller man held his hand out. “So, you’re the legendary Choi Minho that Taemin talks about yesterday.” Sehun joked as he shook hands with the other.

 

“Yeah, I am. Taeminnie talks about you the moment he got home and I am glad that he has someone like you to guide him along. I’ve heard from him that your boyfriend works in that café. The one that is owned by both your mothers.” Minho said.

 

“Yeah, it is. But his mum told me that he is not there today because he reported sick.” Sehun said with sad eyes.

 

“You guys got into a fight, right?” Taemin asked out of the blue and Sehun nodded in response.

 

“Yeah, he did not want to listen to my explanation about yesterday. So, we fought and he ran away. His mum told me he isn’t well and I am dead worried about him because it is not like him to not want me there when he is not well.” Sehun explained.

 

“Then you should visit him!” Taemin exclaimed.

 

Sehun’s face lit up in confusion and happiness at the thoughts of finally visiting his sick boyfriend. He was hesitating as he looked over to his bag and the couple in front of him. Both males patted him on his shoulder as they encouraged him to visit his boyfriend. Sehun nodded his head and took his bag and left the studio.

 

“Oh. Before I forget, that muffin is not made by Luhan. You can tell by the taste,” Sehun winked before walking off to where his boyfriend is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Luhan walked out of his room once he felt better and his stomach stopped churning. He sees his little brother putting on his shoes and coat before leaving the apartment, not bothering to acknowledge his brother. He got into the kitchen and sees a plate of pancakes that his mother has left behind for him. He took a bite off the pancakes and stared into space.

 

Luhan placed his hand into his sweatpants pockets and felt the pregnancy tests inside. What if he really was pregnant? Will Sehun accept his baby? Will he tell him to abort it? Luhan got up from the stool and threw away the leftovers into the bin. He took a jug of water and ran into the bathroom. He sat on the toilet cover and read the instructions. He has to drink lots of water and pee on the tests. He then has to wait for 10 minutes for the results. Well, that seems easy for him.

 

Luhan followed the instructions and sat on his bed as he waited for the results. He fiddled with his fingers as he waited for time to pass. Ten minutes never felt this long to him before and he swore he could feel his heart thumping against his chest. Luhan took out his phone as he considered giving Sehun a call because whenever he was nervous, Sehun is always there to tell him that everything is okay and he should come down.

 

The timer went off and he nearly dropped his phone out of shock. Luhan gingerly took the tests in his hands and tears welled up in his eyes. It was too good to be true. He did not expect it to happen. He needs Sehun right now. He really needs the younger boy now. He needs him to calm him. He needs him to tell him that everything is going to be okay and they are in this together. He needs someone to help him go through this period. But one question lingers in his head – will Sehun really be there for him?

 

The knocks on the door brought him out of his thoughts. Luhan dried the tears in his eyes, leaving the test kits lying on his bed. He walked out of his room while drying his tears with the sleeves of his sweater.

 

“Coming!” He shouted when the knocks became more desperate and angry.

 

Luhan opened the door when his jaws dropped seeing the man standing at the doorway. His hair was damped from the rain – which Luhan did not notice. His smile was there and his eyes were turned into crescents. He held his favourite flowers in his hand. A combination of Tulips and Forget-Me-Nots. It was like Sehun declaring his love to him all over again and reminding him to never forget him. Tears welled up in his eyes when he sees the other standing there.

 

And Luhan was positive that Sehun will be there for him.