Love Taste [2/3]

Love Scent

Love Taste

Good... Good morning, Ms... Shin. -he spat nervously and bowed. 

Good morning -she answered bowing a bit but still focused on her work, without even looking at him.- Sorry, I don't want to seem rude, but I really need to focus or I will get lost and forget what I was making. -she grins- What would you like to order? 

Uhm... I.. -he smiles and pays attention to how she prepares cupcakes and remains silent for a few minutes. Suddenly he speaks again - I wonder if you could make a caramel macchiato and a vanilla and apple cupcake with cinnamon and honey. It's my favourite one -he grins. 

Of course I could do! It's my favourite one too! Would you like me to? -she took on her hand the last cupcake that she had to prepare to start with his order. 

Yes, please. -he smiled and sat down on one of the chairs. He took his mobile phone of his pocket and checked his messages. Hoseok had sent him the video of the girly Jungkook he had recorded . This boys... never mature.   

While he was sitting and waiting for his food to be prepared, he thought of her. She's really beautiful, no joke. He looked at her from head to toes and back to her angel face. She has such beautiful hair. It's long and straight even though on the tips it turns a bit wavy. Her hair colour isn't clearly defined -it's light brown mixed with soft red reflections. Really original. She has big round brown eyes and a cute nose. Her lips were small and thick, covered with a light pink lip gloss. She is wearing very natural make up, and that makes me think she's happy with her body and self confident, but also not big headed. She's a honest girl. Her nails are painted colourfully, each nail in one colour: red, white, black, dark blue, soft pink... She has beautiful hands. She has a squared dress. It's white, red and blue. It's not longer than her knees. In fact, it's a mini dress. Contrariwise, it has long sleeves, but allows me to see her beautiful neck and small collarbones. Her skin colour is really light. She's wearing comfortable brown boots that cover just her ankles. She looks happy. Her smile is really beautiful, oh my god. She has perfect white teeth. When she grins, her eyes do too. I like the way she moves. She looks cheerful and I like the fact that she's blushed... but why? Maybe she's one of those girls that are always blushed senselessly. That's really cute. She approached his table and left on it a beautiful digital hearts pattern tray. On it she had placed the pink and light blue glass full of caramel macchiato and the vanilla cupcake with cinnamon and apple cream and honey caramel syrup. After putting it in front of him, she looked him in the eyes and smiled. As soon as her brain assimilated who was the customer she let out a small squeak and blushed even more. 

K-Kim S-Seok Jin... -she opened and dropped her jaw to the floor .

Uh... yeah, it's me -he grinned.

May I... May I have your autograph? -bows ninety degrees and smiles gently. 

Why don't you sit down with me and drink some coffee? I'd enjoy inviting you. -looks her in the eyes and smiles widely.

I.. I think that wouldn't be polite. I mean... no. I can't... -looks to the floor and plays with her fingers nervously.

 Please, Mrs. Shin, I'd really like to spend time with an A.R.M.Y, and specially with such a beautiful one. 

Oh... K-Kim Seokjin oppa... I... I.. I think it's okay then... -hides her blush behind her hands.- I'll be back in a moment... -goes back to the counter and takes a cupcake similar to his but with strawberry syrup instead of honey one and a glass of cold water. Then she walks towards him and sits down on the chair in front of him. 

Beautifully done -looks at her cupcake and smiles sweetly.

Thank you -grins and looks down to her glass. 

Well... I want to know you more, and I have the whole day to spend with you so... tell me about you. -holds her hand on the table and caressed the skin on her knuckles and her fingers.  

Well... I'm Shin Shinju DaeMi, but you can call me just Shinju or Dae. I have a japanese name name and a korean one because my father is korean but my mother from Japan. Shinju means Pearl and DaeMi great and beautiful, but I guess you already guessed this last one. I was born in October 23rd 1994 in Busan but as soon as I turned two years old I moved to Seoul. As I entered Kyungbok Middle School I started playing harpsichord and dancing. I also liked to dance, but I couldn't pay singing lessons until I went to High School. I saved a lot of money through my school years and received a scholarship. Thanks to that, I could go to Youngsong Girls' High School. There I could study a lot of subject I always wanted to try and also train taekwondo. Then I started studying at the Seoul National University. Veritas lux mea! -laughs-. At first I wasn't sure of what to study, but finally I chose the German Language and Literature career. Unfortunately, I was running out of money, so I had to stop studying after a year. I found a job in a restaurant and there I learnt to do desserts. I liked it very much, so I decided to set up my own business. I asked my parents and friends and thought of opening a cupcake bakery. And here I am. 

That's... sad but interesting. Don't you want to go back to the University? -Seokjin looked at her with a worried gaze.

Of course I do, but not yet. One day I'll go there and finish my studies, but by now I want to live the moment, carpe diem, and enjoy my store. I adore preparing cupcakes and decorating them. They cheer me up. It's always relaxing to take a cup of tea and taste the sweetness of vanilla mixed with the bittersweet flavour of the strawberries. 

Do you have any secret recipe for making these small and delicious pieces of art? -he tangled his fingers with hers and kept on eating his cupcake. 

My mom always said that I should create my own personal recipe and try to make it better with every single experience I live in my baker life. But I chose following my grandmother's advice. "Just cook with love and everything will be for finger " she used to say. Therefore, my secret recipe consists in love scent. -Shinju was widely smiling, showing her enormous pride of her method.

That's great and really deep. I would tell you about me but I guess you already know a lot, don't you? -smiles shyly.

Yes, I think I do -she nodded and blushed- but there are lots of important things I actually don't know. I mean... I just know your image, the superficial and superfluous facts. I'd like to know you deeper. -Shinju crossed her legs and finished her cupcake as quickly as she could in order to focus her attention just on him.- And I was also wondering if the lyrics you seven sing have a real meaning for you. Since most of the times the lyrics are composed by someone else and not Bangtan Boys themselves, maybe it's complicated to feel a connection between what you sing and what you feel when you do it. -she added still a bit nervously and sighed, playing again with her own fingers.

Uhm... well... I guess there are things I can't say in front of a camera. I don't know why, but you seem trustworthy to me, so I'll tell you. -when he finished pronoucing this sentence, he held her hand between both of his and played with her fingers with a lost look and a sad smile on his face.- It's hard for me being in love and not being neither allowed nor able to have a girlfriend. I mean, we're not allowed to have a relationship. In most of our contracts it stands that we have to be single while we work as part of the company. And furthemore we are not able. Even if we had permission to fall in love and be a couple and all this stuff, we don't have enough time for it. We have interviews, practices, performances,... we just have six or seven hours for sleeping and one or two more to eat and breathe. About the lyrics, I think we all find a way to connect with the words we sing. Most of the times it shows our opinions and thoughts so it's quite easy. No more dream, We are bulletproof, No, Born singer... a lot of people agree with that lyrics so as us. It goes along with the situation in which we were raised and the things we see everyday if we turn the TV on or even just by walking through the street. Some others, such as Boy in luv, Miss Right or Café are not so deeply meaningful but we like them. They try to get the girls' hearts for us or tease them a bit for them to fall in love with us. Did it work? Did you get in love with us? -he laughed softly and laced their fingers the same way he had done some minutes before.- I would have named Just One Day in that last group or category, but the song has an amazing meaning for me. It's how I feel right now. Frustrated of knowing a precious girl and not being allowed to even try to win you over.

You're such a liar -hides her cheeks behind her hands and smiles- you say that it defines how you feel. Why? What do the lyrics say that coincide or agree with your thoughts?

There are lots of quotes that look like my thoughts directly written and sung. Just like the song, I'd ask you "Can you please stay one day? Can you please stay with me?" If only we can be together I want to know you more. If I have just one day, it's possible. I'm like an explorer venturing through your deep forest of mistery. I ask you for just one day if I can be with you, I need just one day if I can hold your hands and if you allow me to.

I hope I can be with you for just one day -Shinju answered-

I would do anything girl. I just want to know how does it feel to walk with a girl holding hands. I just want to know the feeling of having butterflies in one's stomach and of being able to say "you're my honey" and kiss the girl.

Shinju looked at him and sighed. Her eyes were sparkling, she was about to cry. And she would have done if it wasn't for Seokjin. He caressed her right cheek and looked at her with a worried and concerned gaze.

What's wrong, DaeMi? -he approacher her and grinned.- Smile, you're pretty.

Well.. It's just that... just a week ago I broke up with my boyfriend. Well... he broke up with me.

Seokjin stood up on his feet and motioned her to do the same. When she did, he hugged her tight and whispered close to her ear.

He's the one who lost an amazing girl. You don't have to be sad for him, he doesn't deserve that you drop a single tear for him. So please smile.

Shinju blushed once again and held him tighter while answering as softly as he had spoken.

I wish I met a boy who thought of me like you do. I wish there was someone like you for me, so handsome and polite, so mature and kind. So talented but contrariwise so humble. Someone that broadcasts good vibes and convey tranquility. Someone that exudes confidence. Someone just like you.

I know what there's someone for you out there. Maybe you don't believe it now and I know it's hard to be patient, but one day you'll realize that there's someone exactly for you. Maybe you don't even need to look very much further. Maybe he's your neighbour or maybe you just know him buying oranges in the supermarket. Maybe you know him already. Just be patient. By now... if it's me I can't promise you more than just one day.

I want thay day for me. That's all I ever wanted. -Shinju smiles widely and traces senseless shapes on his chest.- Maybe we could meet after work? -she drew the question mark in the air and switched the tone of an afirmation into a question. The reflection of hope could be seen in her eyes.

Of course we can. What time are you ready and set to go? -Seokjin smiled playfully and took money from his pocket.

At nine o'clock. Is it too late? -Shinju's face darkened a bit, she has a worried gaze.

Nope, it's perfect. I'll be right here at that time, I swear. -he smiled gently and gave her the money.

I can't accept that! -she half shouted.

But I have to pay what we took! It isn't for free, I'm an average boy that pays what he and the girl he invites take. Just let me be an average boy for a day. -he begged.

Okaay.... -Shinju's mouth turned into a mischievous grin and she started cleaning everything up.- See you later, Kim Seokjin oppa!

See you later, Ms. Shin. -he waved goodbye.

Call me Shinju or Dae, please. Stop being so formal. -she said.

So call me Seokjin or just Jin. Stop being so formal. -he smiled and left.

He's so stupidly handsome and breathtaking. I hate that I like you so much, Kim Seokjin! -she thought.