35

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

 

Lauren yawned as they exited the arrivals area, she was in Mark’s arms as they walked.

“Sleepy?” Mark asked, she nodded groggily before leaning against her uncle.

Bro!” Jackson grinned as he spotted Saehee. She was leaning against Mark’s Range Rover, clad in a pair ofk blac denim cutoffs and a loose top v-neck shirt.

Mommy!” Lauren wriggled free from Mark, he smiled and set her down.

Hi Laur, how was your flight?” She smiled as Lauren hugged her waist.

It was fine mommy, but I really really want to sleep.

Saehee chuckled as Mark kissed her cheek.

Get in, I’ll drive you guys home.” She mused, Mark yanked her back to him.

I was going to hug you too.” He mumbled before wrapping his arms around her.

I missed you too, Tuan.”  She smiled before Mark pulled back.

Saehee got in the driver’s seat with Mark beside her, Jackson was chatting with Lauren at the back.

I don’t think she’s your daughter, Mandoo.” Saehee said as she started the car.

What?

She’s like your sister, which is pretty cool.” She chuckled as she maneuvered away from the airport.

No work today?” Mark asked.

Later, I have to meet KimSan’s side.

Jackson looked at Mark briefly.

Namjoon?

“Yeah, him.” Saehee smiled before leaning down to poke his cheek, then she focused on the road again.

Mark crossed his arms before leaning back on his seat.

 

Namjoon looked up as Saehee entered the room.

“We have set out some dates for the other meetings to follow, Himchan sent these earlier.” She said as she sat down and set some papers on the table.

“But, moving the project here from Japan, that’s a little..” Saehee trailed off, Namjoon nodded and leaned his elbows on the table.

“It’s a little rash, but it’s been decided.” He said evenly. Saehee chuckled and nodded, Namjoon blinked.

Is something funny?

Nothing, you’re still as…” Saehee took out another set of documents, Namjoon studied her movements.

“Then, Gapyeong?” Namjoon said.

Yes, we already found an area, just like back in Japan, I’ve sent someone from my team to take care of the permits.

Namjoon nodded and looked around, aside from their secretaries, they were the only two inside who were talking.

Good, then~

I’m leaving first, you left first yesterday.” Saehee grinned before standing. Namjoon bit his lip as he watched her walk towards the door.

“Saehee-yah,”

Saehee paused and glanced at him.

What?

“A—Ani, go then.” He said bluntly, Saehee smiled and left. Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair before walking towards the windows.

 

“Hmm,” Saehee grinned as Lauren dragged Mark towards a candy store. There were at Galleria Department Store in Gangnam, they had decided to dine at the deli. Jackson finished his pasta and looked at his friend.

Its not awkward?

What?

“Doing business with your ex.”  He said flatly, Saehee smiled.

Not really, maybe it’s because,

Mark and Lauren had joined them back, Mark sat beside her.

He didn’t change at all, he’s still quiet..and doesn’t talk much.” She chuckled, Mark paused.

Isn’t that your type? The quiet types.” Jackson rolled his eyes, Saehee just shook her head and stood up.

“I want to roam around, let’s go.”

 

Tuan!” Saehee chuckled before jumping on Mark’s back. Jackson and Lauren had left them after dinner, now the two were in Myeongodong, roaming around. Mark chuckled before holding on to her thighs.

How does it feel? We’re back.

“I want to hear you play again.”

“Play? Samgomu?” Saehee asked, Mark nodded.

Wouldn’t that be noisy? You said you~

I know I must have put you through a lot of stress, you need to hit things.” He mused, Saehee smiled and just kissed his cheek before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“I’m just glad we’re home, Tuan.”

“But, about what Jackson said,” Mark asked, Saehee slid down from his back and walked beside him.

You like the..quiet types?

Saehee winced.

“That idiot.” She muttered, Mark chuckled and just planted his palm on her back as they walked.

I’m not really, I mean…well I’ve always liked…I don’t know!” She groaned, Mark nodded while smiling.

Is that why you chose me as your best friend before?

Excuse me, you chose me as your best friend, with that personality of yours, the other kids were afraid of you.” Saehee retorted.

“So, LA before the year ends?” Mark rolled his eyes, he tugged down the hem of shorts slightly.

“I did say~ Oh!”

Mark followed her gaze. He paused.

“Namjoon.” Saehee greeted the male across them.

Namjoon nodded, he managed a small smile as he walked to them, Mark nodded and shook his hand.

I mentioned to Mark we were working together on the project. Fancy meeting you here.” Saehee nodded.

Well, I had some things..to buy.

“Right, you just arrived last week.” Saehee nodded.

“How do you find Korea?” Mark asked him.

It’s fun, I was living in China for too long that spicy dishes scare me.” Namjoon nodded, then he paused.

 

I see you two still hang out, anyway, see you around.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

credits to Pinkjin for the poster!