34

Distant Memories(Made in the USA part 2)

“Then, this Thursday?” Saehee asked, her secretary nodded as they walked. Namjoon nodded without saying anything.

“Actually, our PR team would like to invite you to lunch, mister Kim, are you free?” Saehee’s secretary offered.

“No thanks, I’ll go now.” Namjoon turned to Saehee, he gave her a quick bow before walking to the elevator, with his secretary trailing behind.

Saehee chuckled lowly as she crossed her arms, then she turned back to her office.

“Director, I know it ma be rude to say this,”

Saehee turned to her secretary.

“He reminds me a lot of mister Tuan, he’s a little…cold.”

“I know, then you have lunch.” Saehee grinned at him before going to her office.

 

“So you met the representative then?” Yunho asked Saehee ate her salad.

“I did, it’s funny oppa.”

“What is?” Yunho looked up.

“He’s cousin…happens to be Kim Namjoon.”

Yunho blinked, he dropped his fork. Saehee smiled.

“What?”

“Yes, him. He’s still an ice prince.” She mused before she started eating again.

“Kim Namjoon?....Before Myungsoo..” Yunho said.

“Oppa, that was senior year in high school. Don’t think that way.”

 

 

“This is…” Jackson blinked as he read the characters. Mark was reading on his desk.

“It’s well..getting a little quiet, maybe we just need to release some photos of you and Sae. Then that would be…perf.

“Perf..?” Mark shook his head as he leaned back on his seat, Lauren smiled.

“I wonder how Sae’s doing, she did mention she was going back to work.” Jackson said, then he took out his phone and dialed Saehee’s number.

“Mandoo?” Saehee’s voice echoed in the room.

“How was your day?” He asked, Mark looked up.

You would not believe whom I met today.” Saehee mused.

Who? Tom Hanks?

No I met Mister Obama today.” Saehee deadpanned from the other line, Mark smiled and joined Jackson on the couch.

Then who?

“I met Namjoon!” She chuckled from the other line, the two cousins stopped.

“Namjoon?” Jackson blinked.

“Kim Namjoon, from senior year?” She mused.

You can ask Tuan about him, he probably knows.” Saehee added.

Jackson looked at Tuan, whose brows were both raised.

Then Jackson paused, he bit his lip. He suddenly remembered who this Namjoon was.

Uhm, Sae?

What?

You’re on loud speaker. And we’re in Mark’s office….with Mark.” He winced.

Tuan?

“So Namjoon is Himchan’s cousin?” Mark asked.

“Yeah, surprising, huh?” Saehee said.

Mark shrugged, his face void of any expression before walking back to his desk.

 

“When will this be fixed?” Mark’s tone was formal but there was something in his demeanor that frightened both Namjoo and Jaekyung.

“Maybe next week, sir. We’ve been having the PR team clean it~”

“I know, I want it done by this Friday, schedule my flight then.”

“You’re going home already, sir?” Jaekyung blurted, Mark turned to her.

“I never did plan to stay here permanently.” He answered before walking towards the elevator.

Jaekyung bit her lip, her tears starting to accumulate around her eyes.

 

 

 

 

Namjoon got in his car, his fingers curled around the wheel. His heart was hammering against his ribcage wildly.

Jung Saehee.

Fate must be playing with him, he would have thought that he would be working with Jung Saehee.

He shook his head and started the engine.

Last time he saw her was graduation, a week after they broke up. Then he heard that she and Mark had left LA for Korean for college.

He didn’t expect that he would meet her again.

He stepped on the gas and sped away.

 

“You’re still beautiful, Sae.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

New poster thanks to Pinkjin!