IV

Fallen' Angel

 

Chapter Four

It's been less than a week since the last time Daehyun has seen her. But as the days pass, he finds himself driving by the restaurant she works at everyday. It may seem very creepy in a way that makes one feel uncomfortable but for Daehyun, he finds it rather comforting. Just seeing her face, makes him feel at ease. Even though he knows it's wrong to dwell in the pass, he can't help but to do so. 

Driving down the street to where Jisoo works, he happened to stop right at the moment she walked out of the door holding a garbage bag. Not too long after, a figure came out too. The figure known as, Choi Junhong, reached for the bag and made his way to the garbage bin. This immediately grabbed Daehyun's attention, only to have him question the relationship between the two of them. The boy seemed rather young despite his height. 

Just as Jisoo headed inside while conversing with Junhong, Daehyun was left feeling strange. He wanted to at least be able to talk to her because One; he wanted to be consoled by her presence and Second; he wanted to get to know her. Starting the engine he soon let out a sigh while finally driving off from that place. 

-

Walking out of the restaurant, Jisoo looked up and noticed the leaves on the tree changing. Thank God, she thought. Fall was just around the corner and that only relieved her. She won't be suffocating in those turtle neck blouses during summer anymore. Crossing the street, a very familiar park caught her attention. It's been months, since she last came here. She sadly smiled at the memories that popped up in her mind.

Flashback.

"Do you think we'll come back here when we're old?" a smiling Jisoo asked. 

"Of course. Once our children leave for college, we'll definitely come back, I promise" he assured her. 

The scary thoughts of breaking up and never seeing each other vanished from her head. She was a realist but deep down she always wanted someone to promise her that things could last together. And Insu did an excellent job in protraying that person.

"What? You don't believe me?" he suddenly began to pout. 

"No, that's not it" she explained. "I'm just happy I met you" she leaned in to kiss him. 

"Me too" he replied, pulling her even more closer for a deeper kiss. 

End of flashback.

Before heading to her second job, she unexpectedly received a call. "Hello?" She quickly picked up and answered. "Jisoo! You don't have to come in for your shift. I have important matters to attend here so you can head home for now" her boss explained. Just as Jisoo was about to protest, the man had already hung up the phone. Great, there goes half of my money she reminded herself. Purchasing a small bag of fruits, she soon continued her little adventure. 

A slight breeze blew through her hair, causing her purple bruises to be visible. Jisoo gently ran her hands to her hair, creating a two sided part. She swiftly raised her hand to gesture the bus. The bus stopped just in time for her tiny feet to drag her there. 

Arriving to the apartment, Jisoo quietly walked towards her door. Slightly pulling out the key, the door loudly creaked. The smell of smoke was smelt all the way to the front door. She covered , waving her hand up and down to diminish the smoke seen in front of her. 

"Insu?" she called out. 

"Come here" he ordered.

Jisoo immediately made her way towards the living room, finding him shirtless at the end of the couch. He looked up, gesturing her to come closer. Jisoo stood there, knowing what was about to happen. And she went anyways. She sat herself next to him, waiting for him to say something. Insu grabbed a handful of her hair and began to sniff up her scent. "Mhmm....your hair smells delicious" he complimented her. "But I bet your body would taste and smell even better."

He then planted kisses down her neck, hoping to make her respond as well. Jisoo gently pushed him away, trying to stand up. "N-Not now" she said, her voice trembling. "Why not!?" he yelled pulling her down. "Why can't you just go with the flow?!" he yelled, causing Jisoo to flinch. "Why can't you just do something right for once?!" he questioned. His eyes scanning her face.

"F-Fine" she mumbled, sitting down by him. 

"I don't feel like doing anything anymore!" he pushed her, causing her to stumble on the floor. Insu chuckled, shaking his head in disappointment. "You can't even handle a slight push?" he asked in disbelief. "What a little ."

Tears began to stream down her delicate face as she laid on the floor. She pulled herself together and headed to the bathroom. There, she the faucet of the shower and undressed herself. She took one last look at the mirrror and cried even harder, gazing at the blue and purple marks printed on her skin. 

Coming home to an ungrateful and rude bastard. And having to endure his painful insults on top of that, wasn't the life she imagined for herself. No matter how many times she's treated this way. She can't help but think her life was all predestined from the very start. 

Jisoo sat inside the bathtub, crying her sorrows away and blaming everyone for her misery. 

-

"So what do you think?" the saleswoman asked. "Do you think you'll buy it?"

The undecisive man took one more glance at the empty apartment before returing his attention to the woman. 

"..Yes."

The saleswoman smiled, shaking his hand immediately, "Well then Mr. Bang, you'll just need to sign right here."

 


 A/N: Sorry for taking too long to update, I've been busy with my summer reading lately. But don't worry, I'll try to upload as much as I can. I'll most likely upload tomorrow, so please do look out for that! Also, thank you to those who subscribed to the story and have commented! :) As you can tell, Yongguk moved inside the same apartment building as Jisoo. So stay tuned to see what happens further in the story.