III

Fallen' Angel

 

Chapter Three

There are certain things in life that are best left unspoken. The need to keep quiet in order to protect ourselves is something we practice way too often. Which in some ways can be seen as our little way of consoling ourselves. But in reality, it's too help blind us from the truth surrounding us in all places. 

-

Junhong waved his hand in front of Jisoo's face trying to grab her attention. Jisoo immediately snapped back to reality as she saw Junhong watching her attentively. In a way he seemed too concerned but it was only his way of caring for her. She sheepishly smiled at him, reassuring him right away that she was indeed fine. 

"Noona, do you want me to walk you home?" Junhong asked, secretly hoping she would agree. "No, it's ok" she smiled at him. " I have somewhere to go, plus your mom's probably waiting for you" she told him, ruffling his hair in a friendly way. 

"But Noona, what if that guy comes back again" he explained. "I could help you beat him up" he eyed her with puppy eyes. But she just giggled assuring him that, that was not going to happen. He understood and bid her goodbye before leaving with Jongup. Jisoo waved goodbye to both of them while showing her pearly whites.

She sighed hoping none of what Junhong said would be true. The least thing she wanted was to be troubled by that strange man, again. Jisoo didn't want Insu to find out that a man was troubling her. He would only accuse her of seducing him to do so. Jisoo retrieved her bag and swifly made her way out of the back door. She plugged in her ear phones and headed to her second job. She noticed the sun going down to which she smiled while strolling down the sidewalk.

Sudedenly a fancy, blue mustang pulled right by her. Eyeing her in a way that seemed too eerie. Not realizing that the man got out of the car, she unknowingly quickened her pace.

"Stop" the sudden male spoke, startling Jisoo. She quickly turned, coming face to face with the same man. Jisoo froze, mentally scolding Junhong for jinxing everything. What she prayed for had unfortunately come true. The man took further steps only to have her step back.

"If you come closer, I'll scream" she warned him. "N-No don't!" the man stuttered. "I just...I just need to urgently speak to you. I'm not crazy if that's what you think" he assured. Jisoo contemplated whether to believe him or not. His features were actually very alluring. He was a handsome man, indeed. But from what she had experienced earlier, he did in fact seem insane. 

"Fine" she agreed. "But let's talk at a place where there's a lot of people"

"Sure"

Soon enough, they found themselves inside a casual cafe. Jisoo's eyes explored the area, capturing her interest right away. The glass windows were well represented by the beautiful messages and quotes it displayed in white letters. The interior design perfectly matched the place so well, with its cream colored walls and the photographs of inspiring people hanged in photo frames.

Averting back to the strange man, she realized why she was here in the first place. "So what did you want to speak to me about?" 

The man fiddled with his hands as he stared into his cup of black coffee. "I didn't really have anything to speak to you about" he revealed. "I-I just wanted to apologize for what happened" He finally looked up only to have her look down. "I didn't mean to violently grab you that way. I-It's just that I thought you were someone who I haven't seen since a long time." 

Her eyes gently went up to meet his gaze. "It's okay, I mean it happens right?" she got up, grabbing her purse beside the chair. "Well, if that's it then I'll be heading out now"

"W-Wait!" he blurtted out. Jisoo turned towards the male, waiting for him to speak. "You're not going to finish your coffee?" he asked. "I could take it with me" she declared. "I'm running late for my job. So If you don't mind, I'll be leaving now"

He grabbed her wrist only to have it pulled back. "Don't touch me!" she unintentionally raised her voice at him. "I'm sorry" he apologized. She furiously looked at him and sat down to give him a word of advice, "Listen, you already said what you had to say. So there's no use in pretending to converse while thinking that everything's fine just like that. Don't bother me or else I'll report you to the police for harrassing me" Jisoo argued.

The strange man was left dumbfounded as he eyed the money Jisoo had slammed against the table. She's definitely different. He sighed, sipping his coffee. The man immediately retrived his cellphone to contact his good friend.

Why? Why after trying so hard to forget her, someone just comes barging into my life who looks exactly like her? the man thought. 

"Did I make you wait too long" his friend asked, interrupting his train of thoughts. "No not all, Youngjae" he assured him. "Just take a seat."

-

"So you're telling me you spoke to her already?" Youngjae loudly questioned him. "I had to!" he told him. "I needed to see her even if it was to just apologize. You have no idea the urge I had to just hug her" he revelaed, only to have Youngjae shake his head in disapproval. "Daehyun, just because someone looks like her, doesn't mean it's her" 

"And you don't think I know that!" he yelled, catching the attention of the other customers. "It's just, I really miss her. Whatever I do, she's always popping up in my head." Daehyun confessed. Youngjae stared at him sternly, catching every movement he made. "Maybe, someone who looks just like her appeared before you just so that you'd be able to see her for the last time and move on" Youngjae suggested. Daehyun sat there feeling the same way he felt that day, frustrated and helpless. 

"....Maybe you're right" he muttered, hoping to convince himself.