Candor

Divergent

Luhan POV

 

"Sweet heart hurry up or you're going to be late!" My mother yelled at me, so I quickly fixed my hair and ran down the stairs, almost tripping on the way down because I missed the first step. "Watch the steps. Your father is fixing them." I looked back and I didn't even notice the hammer and extra wood that was next to the stairs.

 

I nodded and started to eat my breakfast, which was just corn and chicken from the other night.

 

Oh let me introduce myself, how stupid of me for not doing that in the first place. My dearest apologies. My name is Xi Luhan and I'm the only child in my family. The faction that I am currently in is Candor, but I want to get out of this faction and go into a different one. Don't get me wrong, I love Candor but it just gets boring being in this faction. I always thought that it would be interesting to explore a different one.

 

My father doesn't understand why I would want to change factions because I do come from the honest faction and this is the faction that most people would want to be in. My father is a powerful man for Candor, so I guessed that he wanted me to take his place but I really don't. I know it's hurting him that I will leave this faction and never see him again, but he has to understand that this is my life now.

 

The person that I will miss terribly is my mother. She has always been my rock. I mean I will miss my father but my mother has helped me through so much that you wouldn't understand. She has been with me through my first love and heartbreak. I will defiantly miss her.

 

My faction is the honest faction, which means that we can never lie.

 

I for one hate lying with a passion and hope that everyone who does lie face the consequences that comes with it.

 

I really wasn't feeling ready for this test at all. I don't even know if I'll even be able to fit for another faction besides Candor. The faction that has always interests me is Dauntless. Why? Because they show no fear and they protect the city. I would want to be able to say that I can protect the city. But the other faction that also interests me is Erudite. I would love to learn everything that goes on in the brains that control our city.

 

If I had to pick between those two I would pick Erudite. I don't know why that faction interests me, but it just does and I can't wait until I get to chose to be in that faction.

 

I do wonder what will happen if I can't handle that faction. Would I become factionless? I don't even want to think about that. I don't want to bring disappointment to my family for not being able to stick with a faction.

 

"Luhan hurry, MinSeok is here." I quickly stuffed the chicken in my mouth and said goodbye to my mother before I ran out the door and tackled my best friend whom I've known since birth.

 

He chuckled at my childness and hugged me to death. "Took you long enough." I stuck my tongue out at him and he playfully hit my shoulder.

 

MinSeok is like me. He doesn't want to stay in Candor, he would rather go into another faction. He wants to go into Erudite so badly and that's probably another reason that I want to go into Erudite because of my best friend.

 

"You nervous?" I nodded and shrugged my shoulder. 

 

"Are you?" He shook his head and had a smile on his face. "Why aren't you nervous?"

 

He gave me a smile, showing off his perfect smile. "You just have to think positive. You can't think about the negative during these times, just the positive."  I still don't understand how he can be positive about this.

 

 

 

We got to the place where we have to get out tests done, and waited for about twenty or more minutes until we got to go inside. We had to go through introductions, making sure that we understood what the test is about, blah, blah, blah... same old crap I already know about.

 

Then we got separated from everyone. I looked back at MinSeok one more time before I was taken away from him.

 

I got into a room that was just full of mirrors on the sides and there was a chair that was in the middle with other scientific machines that I've never seen before. I looked in the mirror and saw that my shirt had a few little holes and that was embarrassing for me because I have to keep my family's reputation.

 

"Sit down and let's get this test over with," a woman from Dauntless came barging in the room and she seemed unhappy. "My name is Wendy and I'll be looking over your test." I sat down in the chair and got comfortable before she gave me a drink that was blue and looked disgusting. "Just drink it. I don't have all day kid." Some one woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

 

I drunk it in one shot and it was disgusting. I gave her back the drink, rested my head back on the headrest, and closed my eyes.

 

I felt a little clammy for a second, so I opened my eyes and saw that she wasn't there and neither were the machines. I got off the chair and started to look around the room.

 

"You don't belong here."

 

I looked around to see who was saying that but no one was here. I saw my reflection in the mirror, only this time it wasn't doing what I was doing.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"You're just a pathetic excuse for Candor. No one wants you." I put my hands to my ears and screamed my lungs out, telling myself that nothing that the reflection was saying was true.

 

It's just a test. It's just a test. I kept on repeating that to myself, until everything felt normal.

 

I opened my eyes and saw Wendy looking at me with a confused look in her eyes, until her face changed into shock. She grabbed my arm and started shoving me out of the room.

 

"Go back home and tell your parents that you couldn't complete the test because the syrup made you sick." She said. But before she could close the door, I put my foot in between and stared her down.

 

"What happened?"

 

"Your Erudite, Dauntless, Abnegation, Amity, and Candor. You're all five, meaning your Divergent." She closed the door before I had a chance to ask her any questions.

 

 

 

I looked out my window and started to think about what she said earlier.

 

What was Divergent?

 

Why was she so afraid of me?

 

So many questions are running through my mind but no one to answer them.


A/N:

So sorry that I haven't updated in two months. I'm trying to take my time updating this story.

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3