Dauntless

Divergent

ZiTao POV

 

"You ready for today?" He wrapped his arms around me and started to pepper my neck with kisses. I chuckled a little before turning my face to him so he could kiss my lips.

 

"I'm nervous." He kissed my lips again and brought me towards the bed. I sat down and he sat down next to me, but he wrapped his arms around me. "I just don't want the test to tell me that I don't belong in Dauntless any more, then I won't be with you." He chuckled and kissed my temple.

 

"Don't be scared babe,"

 

"Were you scared when you had to take your test, Kris?" He shook his head laid down on my bed. I followed his action, but I put my head on his shoulder.

 

"You just have to keep your head up high and remember that you were Dauntless born and you will stay in Dauntless. Don't think of anything else." I hummed in response and kept my head on his shoulder.

 

We stayed in each other's presence for a couple more minutes until I heard shouting for the people who were testing to go to the train. I sat up and so did Kris and he kissed my lips before I stood up and left the room.

 

I followed everyone to the train and tried to look for YiXing but I couldn't find him anywhere. He was probably the only person that I could trust, besides Kris, in Dauntless. He's been with me through so much that I couldn't have thanked him enough for staying with me through these tough situations. He loves me like a brother and I look up to him as a brother.

 

After giving up on trying to look for him, I got on the train an sat down on the floor. I looked around and saw that almost all the girls had either died their hair a different color or had gotten tattoos. I just kept my hair the same simple raven, black but Kris is thinking about dying it blonde, which I don't mind.

 

Kris and I have known each other our whole lives. My parents had died from natural causes or that's what everyone has said. No one knows what had happened to them because they couldn't find their bodies anywhere. The same happened with Kris' parents, so the both of us were taken underneath his aunt's wing with his cousin.

 

His aunt was so nice to bring me in the family. I had no one in Dauntless. My father was an only child and no one knew about my mom's side of the family, so people say that I have a mysterious aurora about me because of my past.

 

When Kris was sixteen and I was fourteen, he took my ity away. Yes we knew that we had the same feelings for each other but since that day, he never stopped telling me he loved me and that he wanted to be with me for the rest of his life. He asked me to be his boyfriend a week after the incident and of course I said yes. Have you seen his body? That man has a body of a god!

 

I don't want to be tested, to be honest.  I'm scared about the result, but most Dauntless born stay in Dauntless but some decide to leave. I'm scared that I may want to leave Dauntless and leave Kris, but do I really want to leave my whole life behind just because of a stupid test?

 

"ZiTao," I looked up and saw YiXing standing up. I stood up and gave him a hug. "You okay?" I nodded and gave him a smile. "Well we're almost here, so get ready." Again, I nodded and got ready to jump off this train.

 

This is the part of Dauntless that I love. The rush of everything. Dauntless is probably the best faction that anyone can be in.

 

When the train started to pass the different columns, I saw the one that had the Dauntless symbol on it. One by one everyone started to jump off the train, and I knew that I had to jump off this train. When we were almost there, YiXing grabbed my hand and we jumped off together. The feeling is amazing. Its an adrenaline rush and I love it.I

 

I looked at the other people in the different factions and one looked at me and he almost resembled a dog. He looked scared of us, to be honest, but he seemed like he wanted to be part of us.

 

We walked into the place and after the little introduction, we were separated from everyone. I was standing in front of a door and then it opened. I hesitantly walked into the room and looked around. There were nothing but mirrors, a chair in the middle of the room, and I felt kind of self conscious. I mean I've seen myself in a mirror before, but this room had mirrors on every wall and I felt kind of uncomfortable.

 

The door opened and I was someone that was from Candor, walking into the room and avoiding eye contact with me. I looked back at the mirror, quickly fixed my shirt and walked to the chair. I sat down on it and he started to adjust the headrest. He went back to the table and started to move stuff around, then I saw a bluish drink.

 

"My name is HeeChul and I will be conducting your test." He introduced himself, but I could've gone without knowing his name to be honest. "The test will determine if you will stay in your faction or if you would fit in another faction." He took the cup that held the blue drink and gave it to me. "Drink it." I took the cup, sniffed it, and looked at him.

 

"What's this supposed to do?"

 

"It's suppose to help with your test."

 

I put the drink to my mouth, parted my lips, and let the fluid enter my body. The taste was awful. It tasted like piss! I gave him back the cup and rested my head and closed my eyes for a few seconds. I opened them again, looked to my right, and saw that HeeChul wasn't there anymore.

 

Franticly, I sat up and got up from the chair. I looked at the mirrors then saw a million of me. I hated this. I hate feeling claustrophobic because when I was little a couple of kids thought it would be funny to lock me in a small room for at least two hours. I started to look around the room and saw that the chair was gone, but it was replaced with two tables.

 

One table held a gun and another held an arrow.

 

"Choose one,"

 

I looked at the mirror and saw myself pointing at the tables. My eyebrows creased in confusion and I tilted my head to the side a little.

 

"Why do I have to choose one?"

 

"Hurry, you don't have much time."

 

I looked back at the tables and walked up to it. I didn't know which one to pick. If I pick the gun then that will kill my enemy instantly, but if I choose the arrow and aim it at my target right then I will also kill my enemy instantly.

 

I heard a child chuckle, turned around, and saw a little Dauntless child looking at me with a smile on his face. I heard a growl and looked at my side, seeing a German Shepard, ready to kill. Something clicked in my head and I knew why I needed to choose either the gun or arrow. I was about to grab the gun, but they weren't there anymore.

 

The little child started to run away from the dog when the dog started to chase after him. I ran after the dog, jumped on it, then felt nothing but air.

 

I gasped heavily as I woke up, covered in sweat, and feeling a little dizzy. I looked over at HeeChul and saw that he was looking at me with a scared look in his eyes. He quickly took me off the chair and started to drag me out of the room.

 

"What happened?" I asked but he didn't answer. "Hello I asked what happened?"

 

"Your Dauntless," he sounded scared and I wanted to know what was wrong. I stopped in my place, making him stumble backwards.

 

"What happened? Why are you dragging me out of the room like something is about to happen?"

 

"The test came back inconclusive."

 

My breathing hitched and I felt like I was about to faint. "What?"

 

"You're all five. People like you are what Erudite are after." He opened the door and started to shove me out of the room, but I stiffened so he couldn't move me.

 

"What am I?"

 

"You're a Divergent," that's all he said before he shoved me out of the room. "Tell you're parents that the syrup made you sick." Before I could even ask him a question, he slammed the door in my face.

 

 

 

 

Night came by a little faster than usual and I was sitting in my room, wearing my grey sweater and black sweatpants. What is a Divergent? Are there more people like me? I wanted to know more about being a Divergent, but I think that we're a threat because of how HeeChul was acting. I don't want to ask anyone in Dauntless, because I don't trust anyone.

 

"ZiTao," I looked at the door and saw Kris coming without a shirt on and sweaty. He just came back from wrestling with Chanyeol and he always beats that idiots . "My aunt told me that you left the test early. What happened?" He sat down next to me and started to my knee.

 

"The syrup made me sick and I was dizzy after it, so they sent me home." Kris nodded, grabbed the back of my head, and kissed my forehead.

 

"I'm going to take a shower. Go to bed, tomorrow is a big day for you." I nodded and kissed his lips, before he left to go to the bathroom.

 

I laid down in bed and gave a silent sigh. I want to know more about being a Divergent.


A/N:

Long time no see!!!

How did you guys feel about this update???

Do you like the length of this chapter and want me to make the other chapters long like this???

Subscribe, Comment, UpVote <3