First Kiss

Domesticated Aliens

Taehyung was thirteen when he decided that he wanted to have Taela as his first kiss. He wanted to have his first kiss either before high school or during the first year of high school and time was running out for him. He didn't have that many years left and he had been in love with Taela since kindergarten. He might have been thirteen but he knew the difference between love and like.

One day as he ate his cereal before school started he decided to ask his Mom this question. “Mom, how did you get Dad to kiss you?”

Baekhyun who was eating his own cereal wondered how to answer this. The correct answer was alcohol and lust but there was now way he was going to tell his son that. “We had destiny on our side. We were at the right place and the right time and destiny wanted us to be together. Why, is there someone you want to kiss?”

Taehyung gave an enthusiastic nod.

 

“Who is it?” Baekhyun asked.
 

“Taela!”

 

Baekhyun felt his world crumble. His worst nightmares weren't coming true. “Taela? As in the Taela who lives next door? Who's last name is Bun?” Baekhyun hated himself that he pronounced 'Bun' the right way.

 

“Yep! Who else could it be? I've liked her for a really long time. I think one day I want to marry her when I grow up.”

 

“Taehyung, baby, you're young. You're going to change your mind. If you grow up and marry Taela then that means Mom and Dad are going to have to spend time with Taela's two moms. Do you want us to spend time with them?”

 

“Mom, I'm not that young. I'm thirteen and Taela's moms are cool. They're the only other gay parents in the school.” Taehyung got up and placed his cereal bowl in the sink and started to head out the door.


“That doesn't mean we have to like each other. Have you seen the way they dress? Who owns that many motorcycle jackets!” Baekhyun shouted out after Taehyung.
 

At school, Taehyung wondered how he was going to get his kiss from Taela. They were in the same class and Taehyung sat right behind her but how did you ask someone if you can kiss them? Did Taela even want to kiss him? What if she didn't like him and Taehyung spent his whole life pining away for someone that didn't even think of him in that way.
 

Taela might have been a lot things but stupid she wasn't. She knew that Taehyung was looking at her more than he was the board. Even during his favourite subjects. She didn't know what he wanted but it had to be something special. It's not that Taela didn't want Taehyung looking at her. Quite the opposite, Taela found Taehyung to be the most attractive guy in school.

Some found him weird but Taela liked it. Taehyung wasn't scared to be himself even if that meant looking like an idiot sometimes. It was refreshing to see that and his smile could light up a room. Taela was never fond of her smile. She wondered sometimes, never out loud when her Mom could rush in and give her a self-acceptance speech, if Taehyung was bothered by the fact that she was taller than him. Taller than anyone else in the grade. Taela knew what she had to do. She had to kiss Taehyung.
 

She and Taehyung were friends, not super close but her asking him if he wanted to walk down to the cafeteria with her was normal. They walked down, their class was three floors above the cafeteria and they had chosen a rather uncommon route so the staircase was empty.

“I wonder what they're going to serve today?” Taehyung asked as he skipped down the stairs.

 

Taela felt her heart soar. He skipped down the stairs, was it possible for him to get cuter? “Probably the same thing they serve everyday.”

 

They had reached the bottom of one set of stairs when Taehyung paused. “Taela, there's something I need to-”


Taela had learned a lot of things from her parents. Being proactive was number one. So, when she a chance she took it and kissed Taehyung. It was quick and before he could react, Taela had already broken off the kiss.

“You. Kissed. Me.” Taehyung said each word carefully, marking them off as their own sentence.


 

“You don't even like me like that do you?” Taela knew she should have done it like all the other girls and had one of her friends ask for her but she didn't have that many close friends and the opportunity was too good to pass up.

 

“I do.” Taehyung felt his voice crack. His voice was always so low compared to the other children, it was nice to know that he was going through puberty.

 

“Can I kiss you again?” Taela asked.
 

Taehyung didn't answer. Instead, he kissed her again.
 

Later that night, during the time when everyone in the gated community was having their nice quiet dinners, Becca and Baekhyun stormed out of the house. Baekhyun angrily opened the door with Daehyun hot on his heels and Taehyung following after them. Becca could be heard loudly asking Dayna to kick the door open, which Dayna obviously did and then ran into the middle of the street where she came face to face with Baekhyun.
 

“I've been informed that your son took my daughter's first kiss.” Becca said. Dayna was standing behind her, doing her best to look protective but she was too short whenever she was around Becca.
 

“More like your daughter took my son's first kiss.” Baekhyun shot back. Daehyun stood off to the side watching in case he needed to pry Baekhyun off of Becca in case the fight got physical. Or magical, in the case of their Exo's powers.

Taela and Taehyung who were both standing as far behind their parents as they could get without being inside their house waved at each other. Taela blushed and Taehyung smiled at this.

“We shouldn't fight. It's not like they said they were dating. It was just a kiss and kisses don't mean anything. We're adults with pasts, we've all kissed people even though we knew it wasn't going to lead anywhere.” Dayna said.

 

Becca scoffed. “Rumor has it that our two lovely gay neighbors were meant to be nothing more than a one night stand for each other.”


Daehyun and Baekhyun looked at each other wondering where Becca had heard that (fact) rumor, and tried to compose themselves before Baekhyun spoke again. “There's also a rumor going around that you two only dated each other for .”
 

Becca and Dayna were speechless. Yes, that rumor was true but there was no way Baekhyun could have figured that out. Becca knew she had to stop this. “Alright, maybe both of us are overreacting and our kids had their first kiss with each other and that was that. Good night.” Becca said before she and Dayna went inside the house. Dayna gave a bright smile and wave.
 

Daehyun immediately began pushing Baekhyun into the house when Dayna began to smile and wave. Taehyung and Taela, now left alone, went right up to the sidewalk, one step forward and they would be in the middle of the street.


“I'm glad there aren't cars in the community this time of night.” Taela said.


“Our parents would have been in trouble. Good night Taela.” Taehyung said smiling at her and turning his back.
 

“I'm glad you were my first kiss!” Taela shouted. Taehyung turned around to see Taela bright red and scurrying back inside her house.


Maybe, one day, Taehyung would have the courage to confess to her completely.