Chapter Three

Stranded

Kara walked on to the cruise ship, taking in a deep breath before going any farther in.  She had just finshed her first semester of college. Kara decided to take a job on the cruise.  She wanted to see the world, but she barely had enough money to pay for her next year of schooling.  She decided to pack her bags and find a job on an around the world luxery cruise. She had only been here for two hours, and she decided that she hated it.  That was intill she found out that employees have a free buftet.  Her plate was overfilling with sweat treats.

"Are you going to eat all of that?" a deep vocie knocked Kara out of her loving food trance, causing her to look up and see a tall boy with a baby face, unfitting for his voice.

"Yes I am, got a problem with it?"  Kara replied sternly.

"No, not at all I was just hoping that you were going to share,"  the boy said to her and flashed her a smile.  Kara could feel a blush rising to her cheeks just from a simple smile.

"I'm Chanyeol, by the way.  Now  about sharing that food...You up for it?"

 

Four months later, at the beginning of June, Chanyeol and Kara were nearing their 100 day anniversary.  Two days before that, they were working their usual ships at the cruise's resteraunt, which was considered to be quite fancy.  Chanyeol seated a group of three girls at their table and handed them their menues.  He returned to them later to see what they had decided to order.  Kara watched him from a distance as she served another costumer.

"So what will you girls be ordering?" He smiled brightly, clasping his hands together.

"I don't know," one girl sighed, leaning toward Chanyeol and his forearm, "You look like the kind of guy with good taste.  What do you suggest?"

Hold up, Kara thought to herself, a glare forming in her eyes, Is that girl flirting with him.  Well, I can't blame her; I mean, he does look good in that uniform...I wear it better, though.  Anyhow, HELL NO!!!

Kara stormed toward the table of three girls, trying her best and failing to look nonchalant.

"Excuse me!" her previous costumer shouted, "I was ordering here!"

Kara disreguared him and spoke to the girl who had been flirting with Chanyeol.  "Well," she smiled sarcastically, "I'm glad to see you think so highly of my boyfriend."

"Boyfriend?" The girl gawked and then turned to Chanyeol, "Never mind, I guess you don't have good taste after all."

"Ooooh," Chanyeol cringed.

Kara choked on her words as she struggled to form a decent comeback.  Without thinking, she lunged forward and stole the five breadsticks set at the center of the table and took off running.

"Kara!" Chanyeol said as he took off after her, "We're definately gonna get fired this time!!!"

"RUN!!!!"  Kara called to Chanyeol as she sped past two guests and a bell boy, her boyfriend clumsily chasing her.

 

 

How have we not been fired yet?  Kara thought to herself as she and Chanyeol stole gathered the food from the guest buffet and stuffed into there clothing and back packs.  Today was their day off and they had both worn overly large shirts to ensure enough room for all the food they could possibly collect.

"HURRY UP KARA!!!"  Chanyeol  shouted.

"SHUT BEFORE WE GET CAUGHT!!!" Kara shouted back at him, but before Chanyeol could respond, an annoucement inturrupted them.

"Warning!  Please proceed to the life boats in an orderly fashion!" 

Kara and Chanyeol looked at eachother before they hurried to finsh stuffing the food from the guest buffet into their bags and run to the nearest life boat, dropping a few pastries in the process.  Together, they hastily found a life boat only occupied by another couple.

"Don't drop anymore," Chanyeol barked at Kara.

"Don't worry," Kara smilled brightly, "The good stuff is in a safe place."

As they settled themselves in the boat across from a crying boy and a girl trying her best to calm him down another girl stepped in cautiously.  Her small figure was trembling.  She sat inbetween the two couples and hugged her legs against her chest, burrying her face in her knees and mumbling inaudible curses to herself.

Only seconds after those three arrived, another two people joined them.  A boy and a girl.  The girl was generously short.  But she scanned the current passengers on the life boat with a rather judgemental expression.

"Kara!!!!" the short girl suddenly shouted at Kara, who was currently stuffing  food down her shirt.

"Angela?" Kara replied.

The short girl, Angela, gripped the other boy's forearm, tugging him onto the life boat.  Just after they sat, two other boys ran toward the ship, screaming for them to let them on.

The man who was previously crying suddenly jumped to his feet and slammed his hand onto the red button that clearly had a warning label next to it.  The two other boys dove onto the boat at the nick of time. The life boat dropped down, every occupant screaming as it fell to the ocean.

But as the life boat hit the water, they could hear the intercome of the ship switch on followed by the captain's familiar voice with an announcement...