Anywhere For You

EXO Imagines

Four: Anywhere For You


 

It was a year ago when you last saw each other, when things ended in unfinished businesses and unsaid words. You walked away without a trace and he never knew where you went, and that was unfair wasn't it? But the biggest misunderstanding you never cleared is the fact that things shouldn't have been left the way they were because your feelings were still unchanged, mirrored against one another as feelings still ran deep. He didn't realize that though, didn't think that, because he was too angry at you and at himself. You, because you left. Himself, because he never had the courage to tell you what he wanted to. 

"Where are you?" Jongin would mutter sometimes, unable to sleep as the nights wore on with nothing but bleak and lonely prospects. 

"I hate you," he would whisper sometimes, unable to keep tears at bay on this particular night.

"I need you," he would realize when he's feeling truthful and honest.

But he was stuck, no clue about moving on and wondering why he couldn't.

Meanwhile, you were somewhere, being just the same way. But why couldn't you say something, anything? Even one clue about where you were would have been enough for Jongin so why? Both of you were scared, too scared.

Then, one night, Jongin disappeared in a puff of smoke to look for you. He told himself that he would search every corner of the world if he had to, just to see you. He needed you, after all. He left city after city behind in his crazy trip to chase after even one wisp of you. Then, one day, he found you in the midst of the setting sun. He was about to disappear again in that moment but, by coincidence or fate, he turned his head and caught a glimpse of your face. 

"What are you doing here?" you ask, frozen as you stood twenty feet away. He couldn't hear you very clearly but he could read your lips and, like a man possessed, rushed to pull you into his arms.

"I came to get you," he whispered in your ear. "I came to get you."

Your eyes were wide with disbelief and you were more than a little out of breath as all the things that happened flashed in your mind but you blinked them away because Jongin was here. Jongin, who hugged you so tightly and so gently, so safely that you couldn't help but wrap your arms around him too. There were still things left to say, things that needed to be done, but the both of you were here. And, with a promise to sort it out together, that was all that mattered.