Madeleine

EXO Imagines

One: Madeleine


 

We all feel weak at one point or another, felt so weak and vulnerable to the point of tears. It just so happens that today is that day for you. Things are happening and there's just no way of running from them as life presses down on you, making you feel disillusioned and just.. What is that feeling? Desolation? No. Lonliness? Sort of. Tired? Oh, definitely. But that's not exactly the word so what is it? Maybe there's no name for it. It's just a feeling somewhere between helplessness and hopelessness mixed with a bit of lonliness and.. What other emotion? Like that feeling like you're sinking a little inside and all you want to do is lie somewhere and just.. just be. 

But life is happening and time is rushing, pressuring, and it's turning out to be one of those days so you're curled up in your room, trying not to move. Tears are there no matter how desperately you push them back so you rub at your eyes furiously. It's like you're having a mental breakdown and things aren't looking as bright as yesterday but you can't help it.

Then your door opens and he's standing there, paused in shock with his hand on the doorknob.

"Chanyeol," you choke out, your voice unsteady and broken. You can't help but laugh a little nervously, thinking about how ridiculous you must look so you say, "I'm fine, totally fine."

But he doesn't believe you so he comes closer, hurried and worried with his eyebrows wrinkled together in that cute way. He takes your hands away from your face and makes you look straight at him as he carresses your cheeks and rubs the tears away with his thumbs. For some reason, that just makes you cry a little harder. Maybe it's because his eyes just look so understanding and his face so seriously gentle that it makes you a little more sensitive. 

"Shh," he says softly. "Close your eyes with me and let's find that calm place together, okay?"

The both of you close your eyes and he presses his forehead to yours, your cheeks. He babbles on about sunny places, snowy places, cities far away but you're not really paying attention to his words. It's his deep and gentle voice that lulls you away from your frustrations and you feel yourself smiling a little when you imagine being with him in those far away places: holding hands as you walk on the cobblestones of Italy, sharing a scarf in the cold winter of New York, Chanyeol holding an umbrella in rainy Seoul while waiting for you, Chanyeol tripping on the snow on a random ski trip in Canada.. You laugh at the last image and the both of you open your eyes to meet each other's gazes.

"Better?" Chanyeol says, voice low and soft. You nod and smile so he responds with a "Welcome back" before kissing you gently.