Care Taker

Wolf's Companion

~Aria~

"Where you live?" Kris immediately crouch down beside, placing his hand on my back while I was grabbing on to my head. I feel so dizzy, my world is spinning. 

"Near the...entrance...of the...woods." These were the words I manage to utter out as I feel myself falling into a complete darkness. 

 

~Kris~

"Hey! Hey!" I shake Aria who went all limp and collapse into my arm. At the moment I caught a whiff of her hair. It's floral...and smell so nice...Okay. Kris. Now not's the time for you to think 
something stupid like this. 

I lift up the faint Aria onto my back as I carried her towards the entrance of the woods. After a few minutes of walking, I spot a cottage right there. It must have been her house base on my hunch. As I approach the house and take a whiff at the door knob. I knew I'm right. There's a faint scent on it that's the same as Aria's scent. 

I twist open the knob and place her down onto her bed gently. It was then I realized that she is starting to sweat profusely and her lips are quite pale. She is trembling too. Aish this girl, does she really think she can manage that powerful herb all on her own. Most likely she might end up dying. I sigh and shake my head in disapproval.

I pull the blanket and place it all over her. After that I walk around her house trying to find something that can hold cold water. After rummaging through a few cabinets, I finally found it. A gel pack. The next problem is. Aria didn't have any water in her house....

I glance worriedly at Aria, she is really feeling very uncomfortable. Feeling that she is really in a unconscious mind. I dash out of the house, transforming into my wolf form so I can run faster towards the lake. I pick up the bucket that she or me accidentally left there, scoop up the water and dash all the way back to her cottage. 

I soak the gel pack into the cool lake water for a few minutes before placing on her head. Her fever is really really bad. She is still trembling under the layers of blanket. 

I know what I should do...but I'm hesitating. Kris. It's only saving her life cause she save yours. Don't think too much about it. I close my eyes, trying to calm my nerves down.

I open my eyes, with determination and clear motive, I flip open the blanket and place myself beside her. Hugging her small trembling water. Since wolf had a higher body temperature. I guess this will do. It will help her. 

It was then I suddenly notice her bandage arms. I know it might not make the scars gone. But at least the wounds will heal faster. So I still decided to do it. I lift myself off her for a moment and carefully take the bandage out. I lower my head onto her wounds and starts it. Sure enough the wounds starts to appears better. But I guess the guilt would forever be etched in my hearts. I left scars on a girl after all. I re-wrap the bandage back onto her hands.

...

I woke up to find myself beside Aria, sleeping peacefully beside me. Her fever seems to have gone down and she is no longer trembling. Guess she is feeling better now. I look out of the window and realize the sun had already set. 

Sigh, I hope dinner can be ready by the . Please please please ChanYeol, no more bad food. I get of the bed carefully, open and close the door softly before starting to sprung back towards my pack in the woods. 

...

"Kris! You're back!" Tao immediately jump to hug me but suddenly pull back and look at me with curiosity, which I response back with a puzzle look. 

"C'mon Tao. Stop jumping up to Kris like a little pup will you. Even Kai and Sehun who are the real pups here don't do that anymore." BaekHyun rolled his eyes at Tao while stirring and scooping up the soup into a bowl for me.

"You're just jealous that the Alpha likes me more." Tao pull his tongue out at BaekHyun but BaekHyun just imitating him back, getting on Tao's nerve. BaekHyun pass me my soup. I was about to sip onto it, thinking everything is at peace again when suddenly a voice boom out. 

"Of course Kris likes me the most! Right Dad?" Kai grin at me when suddenly Sehun push him away and hug me from behind, causing me to nearly spill the soup out.

"Of course it's me you idiot. I'm the youngest here! Right dad-DY?" Kai was angered by Sehun's push and push his brother off me. There goes the short lives few seconds peace for me. 

A fight broke out behind me. With Tao joining in. I shake and sigh and the commotion behind me as I FINALLY get to sip on my soup. What does this have to my pack's life? ChanYeol chuckled at my reaction and expression. But at least the dinner today don't taste bad. Thank god for making BaekHyun behave today. 

"Ah~ how I wish the kids would fight over for my affection too. I take care of them too!" ChanYeol fake a cry. 

"I wish they would fight for your affection too." I sigh.

"Oh~ C'mon! It's not that bad!" Suho slap my shoulder and settle besides me. "They are still pups after all. And don't you feel happy that all the pups wants your attention when me and ChanYeol are the one that spent more time with them?"

"Precisely. They had your attention. Now they want mine too!" I sigh towards both ChanYeol and Suho.

"Don't regret when they grow up and stop pestering for you. You will definitely cry later." Suho chuckled and lift himself up to went over to ChanYeol to roast the wings for the 3 bigs kids behind me.  

BaekHyun come and settle beside me and speak softly to me. "But I think you should try to give abit to Sehun more. I know you and Tao are the closest and Kai actually did get to spend time with you sometimes but SeHun feel neglected. You know how ChanYeol actually fawns over Kai a little bit more when they are still like babies while Suho act like mum to Tao. Both of them had another's attention even when you are not around but Sehun had no one to really rely on. Everyone just thought he is mature enough to take care of himself just because he don't show much emotions. But deep inside, I knows he want a older guardian he can stick close to like Kai is to ChanYeol. I can't be the one because I don't have that mother or father figure to him. I'm just an older brother." 

I look back at Sehun who is still quarreling with Kai. "Isn't he overthinking?"

"He's just want a little love and attention. Especially from the alpha he look up to the most." BaekHyun smile at me and roast his chicken wings in the campfire. 

"What about you? Baek." 

"I have all the love I need from TaeYeon already."

"But she is gone..." I whisper softly. "Didn't you think of finding a new-"

"No. I will only love TaeYeon in my life. Further more, the love I receive from all of you guys are enough. I don't ask for more now." Baek smile at me before continue to focus on roasting his wings when suddenly...

"Fine!" Sehun raise his voice at Kai. All 4 of us who is sitting by the campfire turn around and saw him and Kai in a glaring competition. Sehun suddenly swish his head and run out into the woods. How did a childish fight turn in to like this? 

"Kai! Tao! Get your asses back on the floor here this instant." I hollered at them as I point to the ground beside me. They wince a bit before making their way over settle down. Each trying to seek comfort from their 'mom' after being shouted by me. Only to gain disapproval look from both of them. 

"I think you should go find SeHun." BaekHyun whispered.

"He's old enough to-"

"This thinking of everybody is gonna drive him to loneliness! You don't know what extend a person can due to loneliness." BaekHyun said through his gritted teeth.

"Alright. Chill chill. I will go get him." I put down my bowl and stood up, trailing after Sehun.