The Beginning

Wolf's Companion

-Aria-

"This berry is so pretty!" I pick it up and place it along with the other berries in the basket. Since it's full, I decide to return back home. 

As I was passing the lake which, I notice a big dark creature lying beneath a tree near it. Curiosity got the better of me as I went nearer to take a look.

I gasp. It's a black wolf which is about twice to thrice the size of me. It's really huge. But what caught my attention was the horrible wounds around him. He will die if I don't do something!

I immediately run back home and place the berries on my table. I sprint to the cabinet and dig out my first aid kit before rushing back to the scene. 

I cautiously approach the wolf. Of course I was scared! It's huge and look ferocious. But now it's weak and panting heavily. When I kneel beside it with care, it eyed me with his bloody red eyes. I reach out my hand when suddenly the wolf snap his jaw on my arm. The blood was gushing out as he bite it and glare at me. I know it is scared and on alert too. 

"It's alright! I'm not here to harm you." I smile at it while patting his head with my the free hand. After a few seconds which seems like hours to me, the wolf slacken it's jaw and went to rest its head down again. I retrieve my hand. It hurts like mad! But the wolf my priority now.

I press the towel on it's wound to stop the blood and the wolf jolt abit, wincing in pain. "It's alright it's alright. It will be over soon." I pat its head. I bandage the wounds all over its body while it watch my every movement. I have to be careful not to let my blood drip onto it as my wound was still flowing out with blood. After I was done, I   the soft fur on his (I know it's a guy now. Teehee.) side, giving him a peck on his head before I go. "Please get well soon." I have to rush home and bandage my own wounds now. It's probably gonna leave scars. Sigh.

Oh right, before I forget. I'm Aria. A plain-jane who live at the entrance of the woods but far from the town since young. I live in a small simple cottage. I can't afford to eat good food like those townfolks. I always fetch water from the lake where I found the wolf and fruits were part of  my everyday meal, I sell my berry-pies at the town square on weekends for my living too. Occasionally I will go get some meat along the way. My parents die when I was young and my grandparents who took care of me since young die few years back too. I'm all alone. But I am content with the simple life I lead now. 

 

~Kris~ 

I watch the girl disappeared into the woods as I shift back into my human form. Thank you, girl. I really appreciate it. But I feel so freaking guilty for sinking my teeth into her arm as she was trying to help. Damm those southern packs for these wounds. 

"Kris! We are looking for you!" Suho came running to me with a worried hanging on his face. "I smell your blood therefore I knew you were heavily wounded, but I guess Eli was more heavily wounded than you." Suho said as he put his arm on my waist to support me. 

"Wait." He suddenly halted his steps and sniff me "how does this bandage comes from? A human"

"Yeah, a girl help me with these." He eyed me suspiciously before decided to shake off the feeling.

...

Once we enter the den..

"Kris! I was so worried about you when you went off to chase Eli!" Tao rush forward and hug me, totally pushing Suho off and suffocating me. 

"Tao! Is this how you treat your beta?" Suho push himself off the floor and glare at Tao who is totally ignoring him and focusing on me.

"Let it go, Suho. Tao's favorite is the Alpha afterall." BaekHyun put his hand on Suho's shoulder.

"Tao, you're suffocating me!" Upon hearing me, Tao immediately let go off me. "I'm so sorry!" 

"It's alright." I ruffle his head. "So how's the situation?" I asked my pack as Sehun throw me my clothes, a black net shirt and black pants. 

"It's alright now. The southern pack were badly beaten up. They promise to never cross our territory again." Kai report to me. 

"That's good. Since I took their leader down, they better keep their words." 

"Anyway, you should really take care of yourself! How are you gonna find a mate with scars all over your body? And if you can't find a mate, how could you leave heir for our pack? If you-"

"Can't leave an heir for the pack, who's gonna lead? C'mon Yeol! How many times must you repeat this in my life?" Kris cut Chanyeol off and walk to his bed which is few layered of blankets on the hard cavern floor. 

"Hey, kris! I'm not done yet!" And ChanYeol went off to nag further while the rest of the pack just chuckled and went on to do their own things.

 

-Sehun-

Hihi! Guess why I'm appearing suddenly? I'm gonna introduce you our pack! Since I will most probably get this only screen time since I'm not the main character of this story, boohoo. Anyway, let's get started!

Before that, a little history about us. We are the Eastern pack that live deep in the woods that no human dare to venture in. Thanks to that, the greenery here and natural phenomenon is really stunning. We don't go around snatching other's territory but we heavily guarded ours. To us, this is home. We only want our home, not to expand our power. We enjoy simple life that is without fight. But other wolves just like to have power that much. They will always want to overtake our territory but luckily, our pack are strong. But still, this is so irritating. 

So, let's get started. 

Kris.. The alpha of our pack. I look up to him like my father. He's a very kind an gentle guy, despite his looks and power. All the wolves in this pack were actually outcast or abandoned by their original pack, so he decides to took all of us under him. He was initially not an outcast in his pack, but due to the betray of an underling under him, he become an outcast. Kris didn't fight back because he feel there is not point if the pack doesn't trust him enough in the first place. If he really do fight back, the pack will be in a bloody mess. Kris is just that strong, and peaceful. All of us respect Kris. A lot. Not because he is an alpha, but because he respect us and treat us like family as well, not just like underlings. He also had a very strong blood lineage. His wolf form is almost twice as large compare to us. His black fur and red eyes made him look ever more ferocious when he bare his teeth.

Suho is the beta of our pack. He's competitive towards Kris, but at the same time respect him as an Alpha. I don't know much about him beside the fact he was outcast due to fighting his pack alpha, who is a , and ended up losing. But I'm glad he didn't try to overthrow Kris. He didn't have a reason to since Kris is so nice!~ Kris decides to place him as the beta since Suho likes to be leader, but it's impossible Kris give up his own position, so this is the best option. Suho's wolf form a dark grey wolf that's abit smaller than Kris and it's match with black eyes that shone like midnight sky,

ChanYeol the second beta. He act like a mother in our pack. Not only to Kris, but all of us! But it's understandable where this comes from. His mother died when giving birth to him, causing his father to direct all hatred towards him. He lived without mother love and under the abuse of his father everyday. One day he decides he can't take it anymore and run away. That's how he ended up here. Since everyone here didn't have a good past, he decides to be the 'mother' that everyone can rely on. He's naggy, that's for sure. But he fulfill each and every criteria of a a mother to me. His wolf form is reddish brown accompanied with orange eyes. Although his colour scheme looks warm but it hurts like hell when he bites. Especially if there's anything that's happened to us. 

BaekHyun is the delta. He's like a pup stuck in a grown up body. He's the only one, beside Kris and Suho, that dare to talk back to ChanYeol. Not because he is being disrespectful, he just find bickering and mimicking fun. Even though BaekHyun was the mood-maker of this pack, he had a really really sad past. BaekHyun's parent abandoned him when he was a toddler, realizing he is too weak and it's bringing shame to the family since his dad is an Alpha. After countless of beating and scolding, they decided to let him into the wild and leave his life in fate's hand. Lucky fate was being kind to him to let him live till now, even though he had to learn survival skills the hard way all on his own. BaekHyun actually had a mate and child before, despite his young age. He thought he finally get a happy family when he return to the den one day and find his child dead and his wife heavily injured. His wife last words were not 'I love you' but is asking him not to live with hatred. Both of them were actually accidentally shot by humans who were hunting deer but they shoot his wife and child without realizing it. Even though BaekHyun know it's an accident, he still hates the fact that the humans were actually responsible for it. He hates human. After his wife death, he wanders around, picking fight with any one who dares to cross his path. Of course BaekHyun win each and every time, not because he is strong naturally, it's just he is very skilled. That's it until he fight against Kris, which he ended up losing and joined this pack. Although he's cold and snap alot at first, everyone is glad that his wound is slowly healing and he is opening up to us. BaekHyun may not be a wolf which is huge in size, but his magenta silky fur and purple eyes make him a very rare find. 

Tao is a delta too. He is like always showing his fierce face but when it comes to Kris, he goes all flower girly. He just really like Kris that much. But people who don't know might think he is Kris's mate. Tao is more like a playmate since he doesn't really take care of the younger ones, unlike BaekHyun. Tao's was chase out of his pack just because as a young pup, he often pick fights with the other pups just to show them who's stronger. But everything got worse when he pick a fight with the Alpha's son. Of course he didn't know! To a pup, it's all about fun. The Alpha was furious and accuse Tao of being atrocious. Using that reason, he order the pack to chase him out. Even his parents didn't help as they feel it was such a disgrace to have a son like him. Feeling hurt, Tao wonder about on his own till he meet Kris, then now it feels like Kris is the metal while Tao is the magnet. Wherever there is Kris, you might find Tao. Almost 80% of the time. Tao's wolf is actually with red fur and brown eyes.

Kai and Sehun, which is me~, are the omegas of the pack. Unlike the omegas of the other packs that always get treated like dirt, we are actually babied quite alot. Especially by Kris and Chanyeol. Because we are the youngest. Kai and me are brothers, we actually grew up in this family without recollection of our previous pack. Kris told us he found us abandoned in a cave since we was just babies that just know how to wail. He had a lot of troubles with us, that is until Suho and ChanYeol turn up. Thanks to them, we managed to grow up properly. To say the truth, I feel that we are the most luckiest since we are in the happy family since the very start, without any sad past. Our wolves form are the smallest. We both had silver fur but we are differentiate by our eyes when are in our wolf form. Kai had yellow eyes while I had blue.

So basically Kris found me and Kai, then Suho, then ChanYeol, then BaekHyun and finally Tao. All of us respect Kris a lot, we are willing to pay our lives if it means Kris is happy. I mean, he's the one that give us our happiness right now. So it's right if we do that. 

In this pack. Kris is the father, Suho is the uncle, Chanyeol is the mother, BaekHyun is the older brother, Tao is the cousin, Me and Kai are just like the children. "This is my family. I never want it to change, but I know things will change...it have to change. That's life. And it's gonna happen very soon.