Meeting

Wolf's Companion

~Aria~

I rose up slowly from my bed as the sunlight hit gently into my room, filling it with brightness. I stretch myself and get down the bed, walking towards the bathroom, getting ready to start another day. 

I pick up my bucket and walk towards the lake. Picking up water is what I definitely had to do every morning. As I approach the lake, I spot a rabbit on the floor, not moving at all. Upon a closer look, I realized it was heaving up and down heavily. 

"Oh my god, what's wrong." I gently pick it up and lay it on my lap, inspecting for wounds or anything. But I found nothing. 

"You need water?" I try to scoop the water up and feed it with my hand but it doesn't take any. "Oh my...what should I do?" 

It's like I'm panicking but I'm at lost.

 

~Kris~

I was relaxing on the tree. Enjoying the fresh air while my pack are doing their job. I really hope Tao is properly teaching Kai and SeHun his fighting skills instead of running off and admiring flowers. Please BaekHyun, don't annoyed ChanYeol, I don't want to end up eating nasty food again. You know he loses concentration when he get irritated. Suho, please please please take care of everything. Sigh.

It's hard been an alpha when you have to constantly worried about them. Can't I really have relax day? Double sigh.

Suddenly, a soft panicked voice caught my attention at the tree bottom. I look down and see her again. What's a rabbit doing on her thigh? Due to my curiosity, I jump down at the other side of the tree before closing up on her.

The rabbit was breathing heavily up and down. 

"Oh my...what should I do?" She whispered while patting the rabbit. As if calming her down. 

"Just eat it." I walk toward her from where I was standing.

"How could you kill it. It such a cute thing!" She gasp at me in shocked. 

"C'mon, it's meant to be food. That's how life work!" I groan at her. "It will die anyway."

"But it's still fighting hard to live now. If you just give it up. Wouldn't that be a pity. It's a life after all. At least let it die peacefully." She said while the rabbit fur, looking at her in the eyes, as if telling the rabbit it's alright to 'sleep'. I shake my head at her and turn away, running back into the woods.

 

~Aria~

The strange and cold guy suddenly run away, into the woods. How could he say such a cruel thing. Although his look abd body totally got me there but his personailty...nope. 

The rabbit is still breathing very heavily. "You must have wanted to live on right?" I pat it's little head. Trying to calm her down. It must have been afraid of dying. 

Suddenly, a handful of strange looking grass appears beside my head. I look at it before looking up at who is holding it. It's that cold guy from just now. 

"Take it. It's the herbs for the rabbit. But you need to chew it before you put it in ." 

"Thanks..." I take the herbs from him. He sit down beside me. As I was about to bite on to the herbs. He suddenly hold my wrist, stopping me from the chewing it. I look at him in surprise.

"Are you sure you want to do this? It's not only bitter. It's too strong for the human body, you might fall heavily sick for a few days." He caution me. I felt a warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. A stranger is caring about my well being? That's rare. 

"It's alright. Just a few days, no one will be burden cause I'm sick. On top of that, I manage to save a life." I smile at him. He slowly let go of my hand. 

I pick up a few leaves and pop it in my mouth. The moment I chew it, the bitter taste immediately fill my mouth. It's so freaking bitter that I immediately held my nose. I heard a soft chuckling from my side and I turn my head to glare him. He immediately fake a cough and look away, pretending as if he didn't laugh. Nice acting. I spit out the herbs on to my palm and I use my finger to pick up the chew herbs and put it into the rabbit mouth. Although I feel bad for forcing a sick rabbit to swallow, but it for the better. 

A few minutes after I finish feeding it all the herbs on my hand, I can it's breathing slowly become softer and it's eyes slowly closing down. I thought it was dying until I feel it's heartbeat.

"It's is just falling asleep now." The deep husky voice suddenly spoke again. 

 

~Kris~

"Thanks. But how did you know which herbs to get exactly for it?" She asked my while picking a random leaf on the ground and wipe away the remains of the herbs on her hand. 

I live in this woods. Of course I know the poison and herbs all available here. Plus my sense of smell caught where the rabbit had been before. But I can't possible said I'm a wolf so..."I just guess it. Since it's breathing so heavily, I guess it must have ate a poison fungi somehow. Seems like my guess was right."

"Wow. You studied about medicine?"

"Erm. Sort of?" Trying out different strange looking plants and nearly died sometimes, I guess that can be considered studying? 

"That's cool." She smiled at me before shifting her attention back to the rabbit, it again. It was then I suddenly notice the bandages around her arm. 

"What happened to you arm?" I feign innocent.

"This? I got bite by an enormous wolf yesterday." She gently caress her wound. 

"Why would it even bite you?"

"I was trying to treat it's injuries. But I guess I scared it then he suddenly snapped his jaws on my arm." 

"What are you even thinking? Approaching a wolf like that?" I lightly chided her. But was trying to know what she is exactly thinking too.

"I don't want it to die..."

Wow. She likes to save lives so much? "Even after it leave scars on your arm?"

"Yeap!" She nod her head enthusiastically. "It's not his fault that he got scared. He didn't mean harm to me. It's just an accident." She smile at me with her white dazzling teeth showing.

"Aren't you scared of him?"

"Of course I am at first. It's so freaking huge. I guess about the three times of my size. But I realized he won't harm him as long I don't too. I believe he is not a bad wolf. Anyway, did I mention he look cool? With his black furs and red eyes. If I'm a wolf, I will definitely love him!" She grin at me. At that moment, I suddenly feel my heart skip a beat. What is this? 

"Ah~ I wonder if he is properly healing now?" She pouted abit before continue patting the rabbit.

Of course he is. He's a wolf which can take the form of human. Trust his healing speed. I inwardly smirk to myself.

"Where did you get your scar?" She asked me suddenly while looking at the scars on my upper arm while is right beside my shoulder.

"It's a fight I had with other guys cause they were gonna snatch over my territory." And it's also one of the wound you were tending to yesterday.

"What a hot blooded guy." She chuckle softly. "But still be careful." And my heart skip another beat. Please tell me this is so not happening,

After a few minutes. The rabbit suddenly wake up and leapt away. But not before thanking her by snuggling on to her tummy. 

"Guess I should be going then." She stand up and grab the pail.

"Wait, will we meet again?" I stop her.

"Definitely." She smile. 

"I'm Kris." I hold my hand out to her. 

"I'm Aria..." As she was about to grab my hand. She suddenly went all weak-legged and sit on the floor, clutching her head. 

. The medicine is kicking in now.