Part 3

Love... Right?

 

With butterflies in my belly I walked towards the classroom I would have my singing test. Composing and Dancing went both good. We would get the results next Monday together with a new schedule, with the classes and the ratings for the class you have been appointed. From 1 to 3, being beginner to expert. Well I had to wait till the person before me was finished, I grew more nervous. WHY did I listen to Homin??? I had chosen to sing my own composition. I had brought music sheets for the piano, and the lyrics, just in case. My hands started shaking, and my eyes flew from the clock to the door and back.

After a few minutes, that seemed like a whole year the door opened, a small girl walked out, looking down on the floor, not meeting my eyed. I suddenly recognized my homeroom teacher behind her, she kept the door open for me. I grabbed my stuff and followed her the room in. she sat down at a table with two other teachers, all of them with papers in front of them. I glanced side wards and I saw the piano. A shock struck me, the beautiful guy, who had played the guitar Monday morning at the gate, was sitting behind the piano. He smiled encouraging to me, I stumbled to him, and gave him the papers. He looked away from my eyes and looked at the sheets. I turned around and walked back to the middle of the room. “Hello, my name is Park Hannah. I will sing acoustic with the piano. ” My homeroom teacher gave me a little smile, but then she looked behind me. “What’s wrong Lee Donghea?” I turned around. “I just… he hesitated. Nothin’ Miss.” He turned to the piano and began reading again.

“You may start,” one of the teachers I didn’t know told me. I took a deep breath, and waited for the first few keys to be played. I sang the song exactly like I imagined it should be sung. My breathing was right on time, and the piano was exactly how I would have played it. When the song was done I opened my eyed, I hadn’t even noticed I had closed them until I opened them. I saw different things in the same moment. One teacher in amazement, one in a cold glare, and my homeroom teacher who secretly smiled at me, and put her thumbs up. The cold teacher looked at me. “What is the name of the song?” “Uuhm. It is c-called f-f-feathers M-mister,” I stuttered. He kept looking at me. He frowned. The teacher who had been amazed said, “I do not know that name, who…?” The cold teacher didn’t let him finish, “She wrote it.” He explained to him. He bent forward to me “or at least she says, right?” “Yes,” I answered, more confident. “Did you think we would be impressed, if you sang a song written by your brother?” “What,” I shouted, “Mister,” I quickly added. “Instead of these two lacking teachers.” He looked disapprovingly at the offended and shocked teachers. “I do my homework about my students. I know you are the little sister of Jeabeom.” He stared in my eyes. “by accident, I am also his writing teacher, and this composition is one of his homework portfolio.” “You are wrong,” I exclaimed calmly, “I wrote this about a year ago, when I felt like flying away. My boyfriend dumped me for someone else, and I felt like leaving everything behind, flying away, with pure white feathers. Only leaving traces of pure white feathers.” “Prove it,” he dared me. “What do you want me to do? It is his word against mine.”

He grinned, “play it, without music sheets, and without mistakes, in one try perfect.” The other teachers and Donghea, seemed to wake up from a sleep. “But that’s impossible.””How could you ask an freshman student to play such an masterpiece without mistakes?”He glared them, “just so you know, this freshman student does claim she wrote it. IF she wrote it, she should be able to play it, without mistakes.” Miss Haylee opend to protest but I turned around and walked to the piano. Donghea was still sitting there, just staring at the scene. I waived at him, “would you move, pleas?” He stood up and walked to the back of the class. There he sat down on a table, but none of the teachers seemed to mind. Haylee walked towards me, and while she took away the music sheets she whispered, “I know you can do this. Her hand patted my back.” I nodded, but then I looked back to the cold teacher, he was still staring intensely at me, I glared at him. As I put my hand on the keys, I felt how I had felt when writing this song. I was completely absorbed in my thoughts and the music came flowing on its own.

Author Note

It really seems like a short chapter... But in word it was like more than one page in word... T.T