Part 1

Love... Right?

 

I slowly open my eyes. I feel they are wet. I get up and stumble to my bathroom. When I look at the mirror I see my face is all swollen from the tears and my mascara is smudged all over my face. I undress and hop in the shower. The cold water refreshes my face and calms me. I just stay there listening to the water. When I am finally finished dressing, I go downstairs. My little sister runs past me, loudly singing with her Ipod on max volume.

I grab my breakfast, and start chewing when I am suddenly hugged tightly. “My little girl is finally going to arts school,” my mom yells in my ears. “Mom, I can’t go if you make me deaf…” She sits down in front of me and smiles. “I hope you have a nice first day,” she says. “I’ll be fine. I’ll leave now. Bye.” I quickly put my stuff in the sink, grab my bag. But when I reach the door I am interrupted again. My big brother block my way in the corridor, and looks at me. He smiles mockingly. “You really planning to become a pop star, lil girl,” I look in his eyes, “you better not make me a fool in school, and never, NEVER, mention we are family.” After saying his last warning, he looks at me for one last moment, before he leaves for school in his car.

My brother is a few years older than me and is already in his senior year of the arts school. This year will be my first, and he thinks I will harm his reputation. He is actually one of the best students of the school. He already got several agencies approaching him. But he has turned them all down, saying he first want to finish his school, and improve his skills in acting and dancing. He is known for his angel like voice. He can sing everything from soulful ballad to popular pop and rap.

The problem is, if people would find out I am family of him. They would expect way too much, I got enrolled, though my songwriting. My vocals are not nearly as good as his. I hope I can quietly enter school, without anyone noticing I am family of Jeabeom. Well I am lucky Park is a very common name, so that won’t link us.

I notice I have been standing still all this time, I look at my watch. 8:15 I am going to be late. I run to the house of my best friend, I see she is already waiting outside, looking annoyed in my direction. “Park Hannah, WHY are you so late”, she screams. While she grabs her bag prom the porch and starts running with me to the bus stop. “Sorry,” I laugh, “I was daydreaming again.”

We arrive at the bus stop at the exact time the doors closed, but luckily the driver saw us coming and opened the doors again. “Thank you sooo much,” we pant. “You are just on time,” the driver smiles and accelerates on the drive way. I sit down next to Homin. She glares at me, ”if we missed the bus because of your daydreaming you would be dead by now. ” I smile, she had wanted to go to a scientific education after high school, but I managed to get her go with me to arts school. It had always been one of her dreams to produce music, but she had thought she didn’t have enough talent. But I talked her into at least doing the audition, for fun. But she got accepted. After a lot of fights at home, she also got permission of her parents. And here we are, driving to school for our first day. “I am soooo exited.” “Me too,” she replied, “I’m happy I did the audition and got accepted, who knows where I would have been now if I didn’t.” We talked a bit on the drive, we only had a 10 minute drive, and we would stop exactly in front of the school. Our talk got less and less, the closer we got to school. I was very nervous, and you could see Homin was too.

When the bus stopped I looked at her face, and grabbed her hand, “I am happy we are in the same class, I wouldn’t survive without you.” She nodded, unable to speak, and we got out the bus, and walked towards the school. It was a huge building, made of red stones. In the morning sun it almost shone. When I walked past the entrance, I saw a group of tall guys standing against the fences. One of them was playing the guitar and the other 3 were singing and rapping. The guitar guy was very handsome, I almost stared at him. But then my eyes spotted one of the guys singing. I remembered that voice, I looked at his face, to see his dark eyes stare at me with anger. It was Jeabeom, or as most people know him, Jay. I quickly looked down, Homin had followed my eyes and said, “why doesn’t he greet you, like a good brother would?” I looked the other way, “he doesn’t want other people to know we are family.” She looked at me in disbelieve. “He thinks I would harm his reputation.” You felt her eyes on your back, but you kept walking. After a few moments she caught up with you again, and you two went looking for your first classroom.

 

Hey, tell me what you think. I know it is not very interesting right now, but I promise it will get better. (pleass do forgive me for crappy english, Im dutch and not very good in spelling)

I reall hope you like it <3