Chapter 4

Guardian Angel

Seoul Central Hospital

 

It was midnight when I came to the hospital, walking the dark empty corridors to the room that the book is leading me to. Another feature I wasn't told about, someone need to make a instruction manual for this thing...

The book lead me to room 25 at the end of the corridor. I went inside the room to find many beds lined up against the walls.

"Great, how will I find the person?" I said under my breath. Then opened the book to see if there was someones' description in it. And there it was I was here to take a man name "Woo Sung-hoo"

He was a fragile old man in his sixties. As I walked over to him he looked at me in his weak state, and smiled. "So...My times up" He stated, not as a question but more as a statement that he knew why I came. I only nodded as he preceded to speak "Before you take me...Can you tell be a story?" I was about to decline but stopped as the elderly man continued "I...I always enjoyed stories. Can you please tell me one...This is my only request"

 

I pressed my lips tougher in a thin line then spoke "Once there was a boy, all his life he had wanted to make something big and extraordinary. Every since he was a child he would make amazing buildings with blocks and everyone pressed the boy. He was happy...When the boy grew up he started to study what he loved..." I stopped and looked at the fragile elder laying with his eyes closed.

I opened the book and took my right hand, gently placing it on the mans forehead. I started to close my eyes as I started to bring his soul out.

"It's you" I heard a faint whisper. Opening my eyes I say tears streaming down from the man's closed eyes.

After the soul was collected another angle came to guide him.

 

 

A few days late and nothing interesting happened... I sat in one of the parks in Seoul as the couples passed by with their arms or hands interlinked.

Ahhhh~ Young love.... I thought as I sat back on the bunch getting comfortable. "I feel like a grandpa, who's judging everyone..." I sighed.

 

"Baekhyun! Lets go to there!" said a girl with a slightly pitchy voice pointing at a tacky fortunetellers tent, as she stared to drag her boyfriend to the direction.

Poor guy... I'm sure the girl wants to know if they  will be married, AHAH! I can't believe girls believe in those things!!

"What's wrong in believing in fortunetellers?" I heard a females voice from next to me. I turned and say a girl sitting there. I looked around to see if she was actually talking to me.

"I'm talking to you." She said

"Y-You can see me?!" I asked getting up.

"Yes...By the looks of it...You're an angle right?" She said looking me up and down "Aww, cute. Come with me" she said grabbing my wrist.

"You can touch me!!" I said getting surprised. How???

 

 

The lady dragged me into a...tent?? I looked around seeing how it was set up...Just like a fortunetellers.... "Wait! You're a fortuneteller?!"

The lady looked at me smiling, her eyes turning into little crescents "Yap! I'm Jung Soo Jung. How long have you been a angel? I'm assuming not that long since I can still see you"

"Only a few months...Wait, how can you see me? Can everyone see me then?" I asked confused.

"I can since I'm a spiritualist, we can see you since you're not that old...But not everyone can see angels." Soo Jung stated

"Since I'm not that old?"

"Meaning, you need to be atleast a 1000 yr. old to not be seen by us (spiritualist)" She answered as I nodded. "Now that's out of way, let me read you fortune!"
 Soo Jung said as she got out tarot cards and started to set them up infront of me.

"How can you read my fortune. I'm dead" I said

"Not really. You still have a human form, if you were dead dead you would have had a different form. That happiness when your like a 1000" She stated smiling

"So...I'm still kind of human?" I asked

"Yap! Now come on let me read your fortune"  Soo Jung said  as I picked one of the cards. Soo Jung took the card and put it faced down infront of her and gestured for me to keep picking. After picking 3 more Soo Jung started to turn each card over and stated the meaning of the cards I have chosen.

"First, death...There will be intense changes. Second, the fool...You will take a leap of fate. Third, the star...Representing hops and dreams. Forth,knight of wards...This represents either you or someone who has influenced your life. Fifth, the lover...representing relationships, and harmonious interaction." I looked at Soo Jung.

"So which has happened?" She asked.

"Death...That's for sure" I said.

"Not funny." She stated back.

"Oh, come on. You expect me to believe this?" I said

"Listen Minseok, I know this is thought on you but the cards know" Soo Jung said making me wonder if it might be true, until the fact that she knew my name jumped out at me.

"Ho-" I was cut off by "The cards told me. I read my fortune weeks ago and the cards told be of a visition...A quite unlikely visitor." Soo Jung said in a allowing voice. "I don't expect you to believe in the fortune that fact but remember this cards...They are telling you what will happen, not what has happened." She stated as she collected the cards placing them in a deck.

 

 

"Bye, Minseok! I will see you soon!" Soo Jung waved at me as I exited but turned as she said seeing me soon "You will be back, I know it." She said with a smile.

"What a weird girl..." I said under my breath.