Chapter 1

Guardian Angel

"Someone call an ambulance!!"  I heard someone scream. I tried to opened my eyes, but it hurts "Everything hurt...It hurts to even breathe" I said in a sound that was more like a whispered or at least I think I said something.

I can't see anything clearly, my vision is blurred. I tried to move my hands;  so I can get up from the ground but I couldn't, I couldn't move it or even feel it. It's was crushed by a bolder and now my whole body has become paralyzed. 

"My body aches...I hear people yelling, screaming, there are sounds of syringes. It's so noisy... I wish all of this can end... This pain all over my body can just stop... My eyes started to feel heavy, I blinked a few time to stop myself from closing them,  for some reason I had this feeling once I close them I might not be able to open them again.

 "I'm scared..."  I thought as tears started to form in my eyes, and started to add to the blurriness that was already there.  

 

 

 

 

"Young man! Young man! Can you hear me?!" Someone said from beside me. I slowly lifted my gaze from the cold, hard ground and looked up at this man; who was crouched down next to me. "Can you hear me?" he asked again, and I tried to talk to him, I tried to say "Yes, I can" but for some reason my voice died as I opened my mouth. The man motioned at someone and then I heard rushed footsteps coming my way. The man beside me got up and in this place there was a stretcher placed, two people gently started to carry me onto it and then I was placed onto it gently as possible. Then they started to wheel me into the ambulance. As I was being wheeled way I saw that there where cop car blocking the street, and they where asking some people questions.  There where others who where gathered around, watching the scene play out.

The doors of the ambulance closed, one of the paramedics put a oxygen mask on me to keep me comfortable as possible. But I couldn't get comfortable at all, I felt horrible. I was dizzy, my whole body hurt and I started to see small black dots that where slowly invading my vision. 

I didn't realized when this happened but I had lost consciousness. My body didn't hurt anymore, it felt as I was floating as I weighted almost the same as a feather that was being blown by wind. I saw nothing but light around me, it was so bright. 

 

 

I opened my eyes and to see where I was, to my surprise I wasn't in a hospital room but instead an empty space. I started to look around myself, trying to find someone or something but nothing came in view. But, then I heard someone say in a males voice "Kim Minseok, age 23. He's a college student going to Seoul National University for architecture. He's an only child, raised my middle class family."  I listened closely to the voice that was talking about me as he was done I asked "Who's there?"  and waited for an answer.

"Oh, you're here." said the man.

"Yes?" I answered kind of unsure where here was, exactly. "Hello? You still there??" I asked looking up in thin air, from where the voice first came from.

"What are you looking at?" said the man but not from above but infront of me. I looked at him and said "You..." I observed the man infront of me, he was a lean man; who was quite pale, he was dressed in white, with brunet hair and brown eyes. "Where am I?" I asked after a while, looking around; once again.

"Your in Purgatory" The man replied.

"Purgatory?" I repeated and he simply nodded. "Purgatory???" I said again, this time looking at the ground beneath my feet. I didn't know what he mean's my "Purgatory" that's the  thing in between life and death. That is a place where trapped souls are, people who can never get pass the fact they are dead...Does that mean I'm de-

"You are dead." He said in a calm voice which made the hair in the back of my neck stand. I looked up at him trying to study his face, trying to find anything that lead me to believe he was lying but no...there was nothing. He was being serious, he was telling me the truth "I'm dead..." I whisper to myself as I lowered my head to the ground once again.

"Yes, Kim Minseok. You're dead." I man said again, in that same tone. I shook my head, that's not true, I'm not dead. "I'm not dead!" I yelled in frustration at the man infront of me, who was just standing there, watching me break down.

"I'm sorry. But you need to realize that you are no longer a part of the living world" He said in a calm voice; the voice that feels like venom.

"No! You're lying! I'm not dead. I'M NOT!!" I yelled, shaking my head vigorously. The man didn't say or do anything, he just stayed there in that same spot watching me cry hysterically. After some time passed and I started to calm down, even though some tears still rolled down my cheeks and I wiped them away with my white sweater's sleeve.

"Do you feel any pain?" He said out of the blue. "P-pain?" I repeated in a cracking voice. He simply nodded and asked "Does it hurt when you break? What about your body does it feel crushed?" I looked at him in silence as I went over everything in my head. My breathing is steady, my body doesn't hurt, or feel like I was crushed like I previously assumed. I looked at my arms and hands; there aren't any scratches or bruises.

"I'm ok..." I mumbled "I'm not hurt, anywhere"

"Glade you finally noticed" The man said.

"So, I'm really dead?" I asked in bewilder.

​"Yes" He said oh so simply. "Now, please follow me" he directed and started to walk way. I watched him, till he noticed I wasn't behind him. He turned around and with a soft smile he said "Come on, you're be ok. Trust me." I started to take small steps as I approached him.

We started to walk, again. He lead the way as I trailed behind him. 

 

 

We approached infront of a grand door.The man knocked on it three times and the door opened, and mist appeared from the other side. 

"Go in" The man said giving me an assuring smile. I nodded and started to walk in;  it was a grand hall, all dressed in white. I didn't know where I was and where I was going but I just kept walking in the narrow hallway as I approached another grand door. But this one was different it was white, with some really detailed craftsman ship.

I knocked on the door and waited for it to open, but it didn't. I looked around to try finding someone that can direct me where I had to go or what I had to do. But there was no one there. It was dead silent. I decided to knock again, and if the door doesn't open I will walk back and try finding the the man; who brought me here.

So, I knocked. Three time as he did and waited, but still nothing happened. 

"Sigh, Why isn't it opening?" I asked no one in peculiar.  I knocked again and waited, still nothing. "Is this thing busted??" I said as I started to turn around.

"No, you're just not suppose to be here." said a voice. I looked around to find the source of the voice but no one came in view.  

"Why is that? The man in white lead me here and said I need to go in here." I said.

"He lead you till here, not to the door. To get in there you will be judged first, on your rights and wrongs. That is when you will be allowed in there" said the voice.

"And how will I be judged? Where do I have to go?" I asked 

"No where, your already here." said the voice.

"So, I will be judged here?" I asked

"Yes" I voice simply said and after a brief pause the voice said "You live quite a simple life, haven't you? You always played it safe, not getting in any trouble. It's a pity that you had to leave the world so soon."  I just lowered my head as the voice talked about what I had done in my life. "Minseok, you have done so much for others; you were the pride and joy of your family. They always doted on you; you where the one that everyone looked up to. That whatever happiness as long as Minseok was there everything would be ok.

Kim Minseok, with the reviewing of your life, I believe that you have gained assess in to eternal happiness." The voice stated and the doors behind me. I turned around and was blinded by the sun light that flush into the white room, along with sounds; there where sounds of birds chirping, people laughing, talking and more. I was truly eternal paradise.

I stayed there for a while, I don't know why but I just didn't felt like leaving my ious existence.I know once I go in there, I won't be able to come back out. I wouldn't be able to see the people I care for, and I will just be a distant memory to them. I don't want to be forgotten...I don't want to leave them.  

"Do I have to go?" I asked 

"Why do you ask that? You have a chance to be happy" the voice stated

"I know, but I don't want to leave...Not yet... Can I have another chance??" I asked turning around to the empty space behind me.

"Minseok, I know you are have a hard time accepting that fact your dead. But everyone goes through this. Just like human have a hard time letting go, spirits have a hard time as well. But in the end everything is ok. You will be happier here. Trust me" 

"I know I would be happy but is there anyway that I can not be here...I...I want another chance. I promise I will be do anything just please give me another chance to go back!" I yelled the voice didn't respond back for a while.

"There can't be another chances. I'm sorry. You have came this far and have been looked into, you can't go back now." The voice stated in an authorized manner. I lowered my head once again, trying to stop myself from crying; but it was no use. I can't see anyone again, I can't see mom or dad...I won't be able to become an architect... I won't be able to do anything that I want to do...

"Minseok...Even if you can't have another chance...You can become a guardian angel." At that statement my ears perked up. A guardian angel? I looked up, where the voice was coming from. "You can be a guardian angel and can look after people. You can protect people. But you need to take note about there life. About the rights they did, and those note will be presented to me when they are being judged. So, what do you say about this? Are you ok with being a guardian angel?" 

"Yes...Yes! I want to become a guardian angel! I definitely ok with it!" I yelled in excitement. And the grand white door behind me started to close, and the room became soundless once again.

"You will be sent back to the world of the living once you have completed your training. It's nothing hard just need to learn some pointers. You will be in the care of Sulli. She will teach you everything." The voice said, a while later a pretty girl appeared in the end of the narrow hall. She was tall, pale, slim with reddish wavy short hair, she was wearing a long white gown and had amazing pearl white wings.  She smiled at me and I simply smiled back.

 

 

A/N: First Chapter done! Well I hope u guys like it. Please leave a comment so I can know you guy's thoughts.  Thanks for reading! Love ya~