(Part 2) Start

Hello, Neighbor

You stare off into space while sitting on your couch as your half-eaten toast slowly begins to slip off the plate you had in your lap. To say you were in a daze would be an understatement.

The events from yesterday afternoon replayed in your mind over and over again. How you were out on the balcony, minding your own business in trying to find your pink bandeau, that blasted bandeau... How you watched it twirl from his finger, the bright pink color mocking you with every spin. And how G-Dragon from BIGBANG just nonchalantly decided that would be the opportune time to introduce himself... and even called you neighbor.

And as if it couldn't get any worse, it did. Just thinking back to how you reacted made you want to cry. First, you decided to let out a yelp. Not a cute girly yelp, but a sickly-animal-that-stepped-in-a-puddle-of-it's-own-vomit kind of yelp. Then you dove into your apartment to hide, but remembered the danger your left your clothes in outside. So you went back out, grabbed them and jumped into the apartment once more. BUT you couldn't just leave what was left of your image intact as you dreadfully remembered your bandeau was still in his possession. So you ran back outside, reached over the railing with a contorted face, and snatched it from him. Who, you'd like to add, must have been in such shock from your strange behavior that he couldn't even react before you finally made it back to the safety of your own apartment... only to realize too late that you had just made yourself look like a complete idiotic psychopath.

You felt your soul leave you once again just by thinking back to that horrifying moment. How were you ever supposed to look him in the eye again?! This is why a small town girl like you, who hadn't even been that remotely close to any form of celebrity or super star all her life shouldn't have moved to the big city... Or maybe it was just you, specifically.

You lethargically turn your head towards the clock hanging on the wall and notice that you have just about 15 minutes until you have to get to work. With a heavy sigh, you got off the couch and finish cleaning up after yourself. But as the minutes went by, your embarrassment slowly dissipates and your excited smile returns, ready to take on what this big city had to offer.

By the time you were out the door, you had already comforted yourself and thought of optimistic scenarios. For example, maybe you freaked him out so much that by the time you return from work he would've already moved out.

With that slightly unrealistic idea in mind, you already felt your body relax and your heart soar in the air, not wanting to let anything ruin your day.

- - -

By the time you reached your apartment, it was already well late into the night. Your whole body was tired, but your mind and heart were buzzing from excitement. Your job was tiring and required long hours, but all that really mattered at the end of the day was that you loved doing it. With a content smile you pull out your keys, fiddling with it to find the right one.

Just as you were in the process of unlocking your door, the stairwell just behind you started roaring with the sounds of high pitched screams and what seemed like a stampede barreling it's way up the stairs.

"Oppa! Saranghae! Oppa!" You were able to make out those few words the closer the screams got. Your heart started beating rapidly in your chest, fearing what sort of crazy barbaric thing could create such terrifying screams. Quickly, you pushed open your door, ready to make your escape, but as you look back you see a familiar figure dashing his way up the last few steps and running straight at you.

"Wait!" G-Dragon desperately cried out, extending a hand towards you for help. By then you were already covering yourself with the door, tempted to close it on him as thoughts of yesterday afternoon burn fresh in your memory. But after looking past him, at the dark black heads of hair rising from below the top step, your sympathy gave through.

"Hurry up!" You yelled, opening the door just enough for him to slip through before closing the door shut, as quietly but quickly as you could. 

"Where did he go?!"

"Didn't he get off at this level?!"

"Oppa! Jiyong Oppa! Come out!"

"I think he went in here! There's no way he could've gone anywhere else!"

You held your breath while you listened in on their conversation, knowing that they were purposely lowering their voices as if trying not to scare away their prey. Slowly, you tip-toed just enough so that your eye could reach the peephole of the door, gulping down the nervous lump in your throat while doing so.

But the sight nearly made you soil yourself as you see three different enlarged eyes and faces staring back at you, attempting to get a visual of what was going on behind your door. Thankfully, you knew well enough that it was impossible from their end to see in.

For good measure, you slowly turned the knob for the lock making sure that the usual click of the bolt wouldn't give away your intentions to the intruders.

"Should we check upstairs? Maybe he went up there?"

"No, he's definitely in here. Let's just wait it out and see. He's going to have to come out sooner or later. His apartment is 14-G."

"I think he really is in there! I think I hear him panting!"

You inwardly screamed in pure fear from these girls. How could they know so much?! How could they make it sound like they were hunting a goddamn animal?!

You quickly turn around and see the 'animal' they were looking for, sprawled across your living room floor face up and eyes closed, with his mouth wide open. You dove towards him, covering his open mouth with your hand.

"Keep quiet, you idiot!" You whispered harshly into his ear as you perk up your own, to see if there was any other sound giving away his presence.

You could still hear the slight chatter from the girls, but just by the tone you could tell they were losing patience and hope. But nonetheless, you didn't want to risk it and kept your hand tight over his mouth.

"Okay... I think they might leave soon... But we can't be so sure..." You whisper mostly for yourself as your heart was still pumping from the adrenaline rush this entire situation gave you.

You suddenly feel a slight tap on the back of your hand covering his mouth and look down, but only to slightly gasp at the sight of two very striking eyes staring up at you. Your heart did another flip, but you knew it definitely wasn't because of the crazy girls outside.

"You can let go now... It's not some horror movie or something." He whispers against your hand, his hot breath tickling your palm and making you instantly release him.

"S-Sorry..." You stuttered before tucking a strand of hair behind your hair, nervously, "I guess I got carried away."

"It's fine." He says while pushing himself up to a sitting position, running a hand through his slightly sweaty hair. You couldn't help but notice that even in this condition, he still managed to look good. "Thanks for letting me in."

"Did you run up 14 flights of stairs?" The thought occurs to you as you observed his sweatiness. He simply nods while stretching his neck back and forward, left to right, as if that statement was part of his every day life.

"Who were those girls? How do they know so much about you? They know where you live for crying out loud..." You continued with the questions in pure disbelief on how there are even people like this in the world.

"My fans." He answers before looking at you, "Well, they are more called 'sasaeng fans'... the ones that come after you even disregarding your private life."

"That's crazy..." You comment while shaking your head, not being able to comprehend what those girls could possibly have running through their minds when acting this way. Their animalistic screams, how they run frantically all over the place without taking a moment to clearly think through their actions...

But your thoughts come to a halt as the haunting memory of you doing exactly what you had described not too long ago resurface and you are immediately hit with shame and regret.

Nervously, you glance over at G-Dragon who was still casually sitting in the middle of your living, with one leg sprawled out and the other tucked beneath it as he leaned back on both hands, simply observing you.

As much as you didn't want to bring it up, the question was eating you up from the inside and threatening to come out. Besides, it's likely he wouldn't have forgotten your embarrassing performance, so there was no point in beating around the bushes.

"Considering how I acted yesterday... how are you so sure I'm not one of those 'sasaeng fans'?" You ask, already blushing at the memory.

The corner of his lip tugs upward into a lopsided smile as he tilts his head, looking at you from a different angle, "Well for one, usually sasaeng fans don't have the look of 'fear' in their eyes when they see me."

"Fear??" You ask, curious as to what he was getting at. He uses his chin to motion towards the front door.

"When you saw me running at you, telling you to 'wait', I thought I was going to be a goner when I saw that look on your face. You looked like you were seeing a ghost." He explains with a light chuckle, as if that image alone amused him. "And then, yesterday when I thought I'd be nice and introduce myself to the new neighbor, you looked like I was going to eat you alive or something and ran away... well, along with the various other things you did in between that sound you made and successfully getting back into your apartment."

You groan at his attention to detail before burying your face into your hands. You never should've brought this up.

"I think it was safe to say after that encounter that you weren't a fan of mine." He ends his story with a wide smile that only made you groan again.

"Please just forget that ever happened." You pleaded, while peaking at him from in between your fingers, "I was just shocked to see you. I knew of you, but never thought we'd be neighbors... Where I come from, we never have these celebrity sightings... much less have celebrities living right next to them."

"I get that. It was a reasonable reaction..." He says, trailing off while biting his lips as if debating to continue. Something about the look he was giving you made you feel uneasy. "I do have one question though. What were you yelling about the other day? Outside on your balcony. You know," He pauses and even makes an imaginary outline of a bandeau across his chest with his fingers, "when you were just wearing that pink thing?" A wicked smile appears by the end of his sentence.

You mentally and physically face-palmed yourself. So he really was there... You just had to let yourself forget about that small moment...

"Out." You say with your face still in the palm of your hand and using the other one to point to the front door. "I'm feeding you to the wolves. Get out." You say monotonous, although you were just slightly joking inside.

"I'm just teasing." G-Dragon says, his voice already sounding a little uneasy.

You raise your head to look at his. His worries starting to mix with that smile he had on not too long ago. Something about making such a popular and influential guy like him nervous boosted your ego. So you decided to push it even further.

You cupped your hands around your mouth and faced towards the front door, "Girls! The person you're looking for is ri--"

"Yah!" He quickly wraps an arm around your shoulders, pulling you backwards while clamping a hand over your mouth. You both topple to the ground, with your back leaning on top of his chest. As soon as your eyes looked up and met his, noticing how close in proximity you two were, time stopped.

Instantly, there seemed to be some sort of imaginary pull, linking your eyes with his. His hand was now limply covering your mouth, but you had no control to move away. Your whole body had shut down. You couldn't tell if you were the only one feeling this way, but G-Dragon didn't bother moving either as he stared back into your eyes with an unreadable expression.

"Oh!" You mind suddenly turns itself back on as you jolt back up to a sitting position, with your back facing him, "Sorry. I was just joking. I already heard them leave."

He remained silent, but the longer it took him, the heavier the air around you both got...

"You can hear that clearly?" He finally speaks, cutting the rising tension.

"Y-Yeah, my hearing is the best amongst all my friends." You state proudly, as if you should be rewarded for such an ability. You hear a soft chuckle before the slight rustling of movement.

"You're weird."

You turn your head slightly to see him now standing, looking down at you with an endearing smile, causing you to blush again.

"I'm ______________." You suddenly blurt out your name. You just suddenly wanted to hear him say it, for some reason.

"_______________..." He unknowingly grants your wish, sending goosebumps all over your body. "Even your name is weird." He says, but again with that endearing tone in his voice.

"G-Dragon is a much weirder name than ______________." You argue, hoping that once again he'd give you want you wanted without you having to ask directly.

"Just call me Jiyong. My real name is Kwon Jiyong." He once again pleases your curiosity, bringing a smile to your face. But that smile falters as you see him suddenly turn towards your balcony door. "I'll get going now. Thanks for letting me hideout here."

"Where are you going? The door is that way?" You ask, scrambling to get to your feet and follow after him as he unlocks and pushes the balcony door open. The cold night air slipping into the apartment.

"I don't want to take any chances. So I'll just climb over." He says nonchalantly, but nearly gives you a heart attack when you see him lift one leg over the railing.

"Are you friggen insane?! And you call me weird?! Just use the door like any normal person!" You scold, wanting to reach out to grab his arm, but too worried it might make him loose his balance.

"But I'm not just like any normal person." He comments before making the jump.

In one swift movement, he was already swinging his leg over his balcony railing making you yelp in fear for him.

"You're crazy, Jiyong." You let out a sigh of relief as soon as you see both of his feet planted safely to his balcony floor.

"And you're weird, __________." He states as if it's a matter of fact while shoving his hands into his pant pockets.

You two just stood there, a balcony apart, staring at each other again while the wind rushed by. You had lost track of time or of what you were even thinking about, but it was Jiyong's voice that broke the moment.

"Well, good night, __________." He said with a slight nod of his head, but waited for you to move first.

"Good night, Jiyong." You managed to reply and reluctantly got yourself to step back into the apartment, with your last fleeting glance was of his smile.