Two

The Ice Queen and the Jester

I was in History class when I heard a loud thud on a table in the back. I turned around and saw that it was Chanyeol. Wow... He looked ty... Was it because of what I said? Probably... I want to apologize, but... That would mean interacting. I dont like to interact. I turned back around. I could hear him sighing heavily. I took a deep breath in, and mustered up all my pride. I pushed my chair back and stood up. I turned around and was about to walk over to Chanyeol, when his friend Baekhyun walked in. I felt my eyes widened. I pretended to stretch, and then sat back down. 

The day ended and I headed to my car. As I reached for the door handle, I saw a hand pressed against the window preventing me from opening the door. I looked up at the person responsible. My heart jumped a little. Chanyeol.

"What are you doing?" I glared at him. 

"You think its funny, don't you?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Again, with the questions." I complained. "Yes, I find it so hilarious." I answered him sarcastically. He just stared down at me. I never realized how tall he was until he stood next to me. I had to crane my neck to look at his face. He leaned in closer to me, and leveled his height to mine. 

"I don't like your tone." He cocked an eyebrow and then smirked.

"Well, for you. Cause I just used it." I said without blinking. He chuckled slightly. 

"I'm keeping an eye on you. So watch it." He said and returned to his normal height. "Bye." He winked and walked away. I watched his figure retreat into  a sleek and vintage 1967 Chevy Impala. I got into my car and pulled out of the parking lot and headed home.

I arrived home and found a pair of unfamiliar shoes sitting in the foyer. I just rolled my eyes. 

It seems that all these women ever want is my dad's money. They never really marry him for who he is. It drives me insane. But I no longer care, if it makes him forget Omma, then I'm all for it... Sort of. 

I took of my shoes and slipped into slippers. I walked up the stairs to my room and placed my bag on the ground and plopped onto the bed. 

"Sarang!" I could hear Appa shouting from downstairs. I sat up and walked down. 

"What?" I asked emotionless. 

"Would you come to the dining room please?" Appa asked. I followed him into the dining room. In front of me sat a woman you could roughly pass for 26 years old. Considering that Appa was 40. I studied her a bit more. She had a lot of plastic surgery done. It was very obvious. I knew right off the bat, she was another one of those gold diggers. 

"Sarang, meet Mi Yun." Appa smiled happily. I bowed. 

"Nice to meet you." I lied. 

"Nice to meet you too, I've heard so much about you. Ahh, you're just as pretty as I imagined you to be." She coaxed. I faked a smile. 

"Would you like to enjoy a snack with us Sarang?" Mi Yun asked. 

"No thanks, I should probably finish my homework." I bowed and returned to my room. As the night went on, and Mi Yun left, I heard a soft knock at my door. 

"So, what do you think of her?" Appa asked. He does this everytime. Whenever he brings a new one home, he makes sure I approve before he askes them to marry. And so far, I've rejected them all. They were all the same, shot up with plastic surgery and gold diggers. Regardless of age they were all the same. 

"Appa, she's like the rest of them." I stated honestly. I saw his face fall slightly. Disappointed.

"Is she?" He chuckled lightly. 

"Appa, why do you always ask me? If you really like her, just marry her." I told him. 

"Because... You'll be living with her too. So I want your permission." He smiled. I nodded. 

"Go for someone older Appa, and maybe someone with less plastic surgery." I blatanly said. He nodded. 

"I guess I should do that huh?" He grinned. I smiled awkwardly. 

"Okay, well goodnight. Don't stay up too late." Appa said as he walked out of the room. I finished up my homework, and went to wash up. After washing up, I laid down on my bed. My mind kept going back to Chanyeol

Why did I find him so interesting. He's just like all the other kids at that school... Stuck up, rich, and popular. But yet he was so nice... 

"Aish!" I muttered as I rolled around in bed. I closed my eyes and tried drifting off to sleep. 

 

I was standing in front of the school, but I wasn't wearing my uniform, just my casual attire. I walked up to the front doors and grasped my hand on the cubic handles. I slowly opened the door, and was soon hit with a rush of cold air. The halls were empty... I walked in, glancing in all of the classrooms, and around every corner for a source of life. I roamed around the empty halls, when I suddenly heard music playing from somewhere distant. I followed the music into the music wing of the school. It lead me to room with the words scrawled "Practice Room" on the door. I glanced into the window and saw a familiar figure sitting before the piano. I recognized his red hair, and tall lanky structure. 

As if he felt my presence his head shot around and held my gaze. He caught me. I tried to dart out of there, but I was too slow. He had grabbed my arm. I looked up into his wide brown eyes. A familiar smirk painted on his face. 

"Gotcha." He teased. I felt my cheeks burning up. Before I could mutter out an excuse, he pulled me towards the balcony at the end of the hall. I tried to wriggle out of his firm grip, but he wouldn't budge. He pulled me out onto the balcony. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked. 

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?" I replied in a hoarse tone. He smirked. He pushed me agianst the wall and braced his hand next to my face. 

"Stop messing around. Answer me." He demanded. I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"I'm not the one messing around." I spit back as I tried to duck under his arm. Before I could get far, I felt his hand grasp around my wrist and pull me back. 

"What do you want?!" I spit at him. 

"An answer." He glared down at me. 

"You're not getting one." I narrowed my gaze. 

"Then I'll have to kiss you." He smirked. Before I could fight back, he leaned down, his lips just a breath away from mine.

I suddenly jerked from the sound of my alarm clock. I opened my eyes and glanced at the glowing numbers. I sat up and shook my head.

"It was all just a dream." I mumbled to myself. I got up, and went to get ready for school. 

 

When I arrived at school, I noticed Chanyeol pulling into the parking lot as I got out. He looked up right at me. 

"." I muttered. I quickly locked my car doors and headed for the building. After last night's dream, he was the last person I wanted to see. I rushed to my locker to grab my things. Not even glancing at my surroundings. After grabbing my things I headed straight to my first period. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I got into my 1967 Chevy Impala, and drove off home. When I arrived I laid on my bed. I heard light knocking. 

"Come in!" I shouted. A familiar face popped in through the crack in the door. 

"What do you want noona?" I asked my sister. 

"What did you want for dinner?" She asked enthusiastically. I just shrugged. 

"Oh c'mon Channie, Omma and Appa are out tonight, we can order ANYTHING!!" she cheered. 

"Whatever you want I'm up for it." I said as I focused my attention on the ukulele on my nightstand. 

"You're a party pooper." Noona frowned. 

"Not now Noona! I'm tired!" I threw a pillow at her. 

"YAH! YOU WANNA DIE!?" She cursed. I just shot her one of my cheesy grins. She "tched" and stormed out of my room. 

I changed my focus to the ceiling. I laid there, just letting my thoughts wander. And somehow my thoughts found itself pondering about her.