Four

The Ice Queen and the Jester

I arrived at school the next day and walked into the school. I continued my day as usual, no signs of a bothersome someone. I walked towards the courtyard around lunch time and sat down. I cracked open my almost finished book, and began reading. I figured maybe he finally gave up. I heaved a sigh and continued my reading. 

I was mid way through the last chapter of my book when someone suddenly covered my eyes. I reached up to grab the hands, and as I did I realized who it was. I pulled his hand away and shot him an ugly look. 

Chanyeol started laughing. 

"Miss me?" He grinned. 

"No, I was hoping you'd finally given up." I said. 

"Nope, never." He grinned. I rolled my eyes at him and continued to read my book. 

"So... You busy tomorrow?" He asked.

"No." Shoot, why did I tell him that. 

"Good! Come to this address tomorrow. It's my friend's party." He wrote down on a piece of paper. I looked up at him.

"I don't think so." I replied.

"But why? Pleaseeee!!" He whined. I cocked an eyebrow. 

"Ew. No." I rolled my eyes. 

"Fine, then I'll make you come." He reached down and grabbed my book. 

"Yah! I'm not done reading that yet!" I complained. He smirked. 

"When you come tomorrow; it's at 7pm by the way, then I'll give you your precious book back. Bye cutie." He winked as he walked away. I glared in his direction. 

"Ugh! I get enough of him during the week, now he's bothering me on my weekends too!?" I complained to myself. I finished my lunch and walked to class. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"So did it work?" I heard Lay ask as I walked into the cafeteria. I nodded.

"I got her to come." I grinned. 

"How?" Suho asked. I revealed the book. 

"I took this from her, telling her to come and get it if she wants it." I grinned. They all shook their heads and chuckled. 

"How did we know Chanyeol of all people would pull something like that off." Kyungsoo laughed. I stuck my tongue out at him. 

"Who's all coming to your party Kris?" I asked. 

"All of us. Some other groups, you know, Snsd, Apink, F(x), AoA." Kris replied. 

"Those are all girls Kris. I mean not that I don't mind, but what about BTS, Shinee, Block B, BAP, or TeenTop?" Chen asked. 

"Why do they all start with B's?" I asked. Chen just shrugged. 

"Oh, I invited them too." Kris grinned. 

"Right... Now you did." Chen stuck out his tongue. Kris stood up and locked Chen in a head lock.

"Yah! I was just kidding! HYUNG! Let me go!" Chen whined. 

 

It was Saturday morning. I woke up and stared at my clock. I really hope Sarang comes tonight. She won't be too awkward... Will she?

I got out of bed and got ready. I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I found Noona chomping down on a bagel. 

"Goodmorning Noona." I grinned. She looked up. 

"Morning." She said. 

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked.

"They're on a business trip." Noona replied. 

"Oh, okay... Hey Noona, can I ask you something." I asked. She nodded. 

"Okay, so... If a person is shy, and they're invited to a party with a group of people that they're not use to, will it be awkward for them?" I asked. 

Noona cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Who is she?" She smirked. 

"What do you mean she?! I never said there was a girl!" I shouted in defense. 

"Don't lie Chanyeol, I know it must be a girl, because you for one are not shy, and don't say you're asking about a frieand, because I know all of your friends." Noona scolded. 

"Fine... Her name is Sarang." I replied.

"Ouu!! Is she cute? I bet she is!!" Noona screamed. 

"Yah! Stop, just answer my question." I demanded.

"Fine! Well... It really depends on the person and how they interact with other people." Noona said as she sipped on her milk. I nodded. 

"Okay, thanks Noona." I smiled. I grabbed my keys and headed out. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

It was 12 pm and I was still in bed. I laid there and stared at the ceiling. All night I was up and debating if I should go to that party or not. But I really wanted my book... It wouldn't hurt if I did go... Did it? I sat up and decided to get ready. 

It was about 6 pm when I finally decided I'd go. I ran up to my room and applied light makeup, and let the waves in my hair down. I pulled on a pair of dark wash skinny jeans, and pulled on a thin gray tee with an oversized studded jean jacket on top. I put on a red round fedora to add some color. I grabbed my purse, and headed out. Throwing on a pair of White Chucks as I left. I got in my car and drove to the destination Chanyeol wrote down on the napkin. 

I pulled up to a wide and white gate that was a few blocks away from my home. I could already see a bunch of cars in the driveway. The guard waved me in, and I drove up behind a familiar Vintage Impala. I got out and walked towards the front doors. I could hear the loud music pounding against the walls. I doubt that anyone would hear the doorbell if I rang it. 

Just then a figure emerged from the inside of the house. I've seen him around school. He hung out with Chanyeol and their group of friends sometimes. His name Taemin. 

"Oh hey, were you gonna go in?" He asked nicely. I could smell the stench of alcohol in his breath. I nodded suspicously. 

"Then go right on ahead!" He grinned. I walked into the house and I could see bodies everywhere. They were all either moving to the sound of the music, or standing around talking and drinking. I made my way in and glanced around for Chanyeol. I felt an arm around my shoulder. I looked up at a smiling face. 

"You must be Sarang." The guy said. I nodded. 

"And you are?" I asked quizically. 

"Kris, I'm the host!" He pointed to himself. I could smell the alcohol in his breath also. 

"Looking for our Channie?" He asked. I nodded. 

"Right this way." He lead me through the crowd of people and to the backyard where there were even more people around the pool. I glanced around at all the faces. Many I've recognized from school, and some I didn't recognize at all. 

"Hey Chanyeol, guess who's here." Kris said walking up to the familiar boy with red hair. He was playing guitar. I realized there were several girls that were gathered around him, watching him play. 

"Who?" Chanyeol asked turning around. I watched as his eyes widened when they landed on me. 

"Sarang! You came! You actually came!" He smiled as he got up. 

"Yeah, you have my book remember." I said as I kept a straight face. 

"Oh right..." He mummbled. I felt the stares of the other girls on me. I glanced at them. I recognized them from school. The y girl group AoA. 

"Who is she?" One of the girls asked. Chanyeol turned around. 

"Her? She's... My friend. Sarang." Chanyeol introduced. The girls nodded.

"Nice to meet you." One of them said. I grinned. 

"Follow me Sarang. I'll give you your book." He grinned and lead me away from Kris and AoA. 

I followed Chanyeol down a hall to where I'm guessing the bedrooms and study rooms were. We turned the corner and he lead me through a door. 

It was the Kitchen. There were several other people in there, snacking on food, and drinking alcohol. I realized that Chanyeol didn't smell like alcohol, or maybe I've just become immune to the smell after being here for a while. We went through another room, and ended up in the study den. 

"You put my book in here?" I asked. He nodded. 

"I left it here... I swear." He said as he looked around the desk. 

"Why would you put it here of all places?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Well, why wouldn't I? It's a book, this here has a ton of books. It belongs." He grinned while still searching. I couldn't help but smile at his cute thought. 

"Are you just gonna stand there?" He asked. 

"So bossy, geez." I complained. I picked up a few things off of the desk and helped. 

"I don't think its in here." I said to him. 

"But where would it have gone? I put it in here so no one would touch it." He looked around frantically. 

"You're tearing this study den apart." I raised a brow. He looked at me with apologetic eyes. 

"Sorry Sarang, I swear I put it here... I don't know what happened to it." He apologized. I just shrugged. I turned around to walk out. 

"Wait... Are you mad?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Who knows." I shrugged. I made my way back to the party, with Chanyeol not far behind when the lights and electricity went out. Kris then emerged from the crowd. 

"OKAY GUYS! CALM DOWN! So since the electricity went out, I figured we could play a game... HIDE AND GO SEEK!! Come on! Doesn't it sound fun!?" He cheered. 

The crowd got a little awkward. 

"Isn't that a little Childish?" Someone called out. 

"Yes! But! You've never played it in MY house. It'll be fun! C'mon. Everyone grab a partner! And we'll choose who's it by numbering each group, and putting the number in a hat." Kris explained. Everyone complied. I felt an arm around my shoulder. I looked up at Chanyeol. He grinned down at me. 

"Let's be partners." He smiled. 

"What? Who said I'd stay for this?" I demanded. 

"I did. Now follow me." He pulled me towards Kris. Kris wrote down each partner's name and number. We got the number 15 out of 20 groups. 

"Okay! Here we go." Kris said as he drew out a number. 

"Number 18! Kai and HyeJeong!" Kris shouted. 

"Okay! We good? Now everyone go!" He shouted. Kai and Hyejeong closed their eyes as everyone else fled to hide. Suddenly I felt Chanyeol's hand intertwined with mine. 

"C'mon, I know the perfect place." He grinned. He pulled me off in different directions of the house. We ran up a flight of stairs and into a small room. I realized that the ceiling got lower as we went in farther. 

"Where the heck are we?" I whispered to Chanyeol. 

"The upstairs coat closet." He grinned. I followed him to the back and we both hid behind a few coats. I sat down and heaved a sigh. 

"What's wrong?" Chanyeol asked.

"I came here for my book, and I ended up in this darn closet with you instead." I closed my eyes and leaned back. 

"It's not that bad. I'm a fun guy." He grinned.

"Right." I replied. I felt him lean back next to me. 

"Why don't you like me?" He asked. I opened my eyes and looked at him... I couldn't see him well but I could make out his figure. 

"Because... You always screw things up for me." I blatantly said. He didn't say anything. And I realized I had hurt his feelings. I turned away. , why am I such a !?

"Sorry..." I heard him mummble. I turned to him again. 

"No, I'm sorry... That was harsh of me to say." I said looking down at my lap. I could feel his eyes on me. I looked at him again. Just holding his gaze. Then I did something utterly ridiculous.

I leaned in...