Heartbreak

Surprise

It's been a week and you still haven't talked to Jackson. It's not like he hasn't tried to contact you, you were just tired of arguing about Nick. You wanted him to know that you were tired of fighting over the same thing. He was in South Korea working on GOT7's comeback while you lived in NYC. 

"(YN)" Nick said as he elbowed you. You dozed off and hadn't realized it. To get your mind off missing Jackson you went out with your friends. 

"Yes?" You asked. 

"I asked if you wanted me to walk you home?" 

"Yes" You said and smiled. You walked and talked about everything. Everything except Jackson. You knew that Nick didn't like Jackson. So talking about your problems with Jackson wouldn't help Nick from trying to pull you two apart.

"Good night" You said when you finally reached your apartment steps. 

"Good night" Nick said and hugged you. You hugged back and walked up the stairs to your door. Walking up to the fourth floor you saw a box in front of your door. Bending down and picking it up you saw that it was from Jackson. Opening your door you walked into your kitchen and left the box on the counter. You unlocked your phone to check what time it was. It read 11:50 pm which meant it was 12:50 pm in Seoul. Going to Jackson's contact you held your finger over his number. Without thinking twice you click on it and put the phone to your ear.

Your heart raced waiting for him to pick up. But it went straight to voicemail. Feeling disappointed that he didn't pick up, you put your phone down and walked over to the box to open it. Inside the box it had a note attached to another box that said "I'm sorry" with Jackson's handwriting. You smiled to yourself and opened the second box. Inside was a big pillow pet zebra. You started laughing remembering Jackson making fun of you for wanting a pillow pet. Picking up the zebra and walking to your room. You set it down on your bed while you got ready to go to sleep. Before going to sleep you tried one more time but it still went straight to voicemail. Locking your phone, you set it on your night stand and closed your eyes.