mixed emotions;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Kyungsoo’s P.O.V.) 

        A few minutes had went by, Sehun and I walked outside back to the waiting room, as he finished his explanation about what had happened regarding Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Chanyeol, and I found out that – it was exactly the same as what I did to Jongin, so technically there was no point of me getting all infuriated, but I was still mad nevertheless. “Wait, so you know them?” Sehun questioned, sitting down on an unoccupied seat next to me. “They're my best friends. I just hope they're all right.” I emitted a deep sigh, looking at the ground. “I didn't really mean it. I just. . . panicked.” He ran a hand through his hair, and a sigh was heard. I remembered that, that was the exact same thing I said regarding Jongin's condition. “I just realized I forgot to ask you this, but, what are you doing here, Kyungsoo?” Sehun asked, looking at me, as I gulped – hard. “To be honest, the same exact reason as yours. However, it's Jongin.” I realized that telling him a lie wouldn't help especially if he'll find out himself and see Jongin in such state. “You smacked him with a stick as well?” His eyes widened in surprise, whilst I nodded in agreement. “Unfortunately, yes.” 

      An awkward silence surrounded our atmosphere, although however, I could care less. Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae, well more on Jongin were the only ones I had in my mind and I'm just really worried towards their condition. However, I was the reason why Jongin is at this state right now, so I guess it does makes sense if I'm worrying more on him than my other friends, right? Right, I guess. “Um, so, uh. . . What about Luhan?” I uttered, avoiding eye contact with him since we weren't actually really that close. “I left him in the house. He was still sleeping when I left.” He replied, fidgeting with his fingers. “You didn't tell him anything? He must be worried sick right now.” I, then realized what I had just said and I couldn't help but let out a slight mental giggle. “Oh my god, you're right. He must be.” Sehun stood up from the seat which made an annoying creaking noise, and looked at me. “And you must be really worried about him as well.” I plastered an invisible smile, Jongin still running inside my thoughts. “Uh, yeah, sure.” He scratched the back of his head, letting out an embarrassed chuckle. 

   He was about to head out to the exit door, but suddenly halted. I looked at him with a confused expression, whilst he stated, “What about the three?” I shook my head, giving him a thumbs up. “I'll call a friend of mine to watch them. You can go ahead.” I smiled a bit, giving him hand gestures motioning him to go already, as he smiled and headed outside the door muttering a “thank you.” I plopped back down on the seat, taking a deep breath. I placed my elbow on the wooden edge of the seat, leaning my head on my palms. Why am I thinking so much of Jongin? What was he to me exactly? A friend? An enemy? Or. . . Suddenly, I flinched when I saw the doctor that approached myself a few minutes ago. I stood up, bowing in a 45-degree angle perfectly out of manners. “By any chance, did you lost your way to Jongin's room?” He looked at me with a curious expression, as I slightly nodded, even though that was only part of it, considering how everything just happened so quickly. “Well, I met a person and we sort of had a conversation, but I actually also forgot the room number..” Scratching the back of my head, I plastered an innocent smile. He looked at me with a blank expression before uttering, “Follow me and I'll show you his room.” And with that, I obeyed. 

  After a few minutes of walking down the hall, turning into different directions left and right, and almost bumping into other people and their bed strolling thingies, we finally arrived at a room that had a number 12 tag imprinted on the white wooden door. The doctor opened the door and we both went entered. I saw Jongin laying down on the bed with his eyes closed, as my heart softed and guilt running through my mind. It hurts seeing him in this situation, it really does. “I'll leave you here.” The doctor uttered, grabbing the door handle. “Yes, thank you.” I looked at him with a soft gaze, giving him a nod. He opened the door, walked outside with a small encouraging smile, then closed the door. I slowly took a few steps forward towards Jongin's bed, emitting a deep sigh. I looked at him with an apologetic expression, pulling out a wooden chair, then taking a seat next to the bed. 

   “Jongin..I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do this to you. I'm really mean, I know.” I whispered silently, looking down at the ground heaving a sigh. “I guess I was just being a little too careless. I used to be this careful, peaceful, and kind guy named Kyungsoo, but when we met, I guess I could say that you've changed me, in a good way though, as much as I hate to see it. It's just..I don't really know. Whenever I'm with you, I just get this feeling..I don't even know what it is honestly.” I admitted, leaning in closer to him, gently picking up his hand, and started caressing it. “Jongin, I'm so sorry.” And as if I was expecting it, I felt a puddle of tears streaming down my face. 

♦♦♦

(Luhan’s P.O.V.) 

           Entering the gate of the mansion, I slowly closed it back. I had just gotten back from being with Mark's family and I actually learned a lot about them, such as, how Mark's mother went from kindergarten to high school with Aunt Ara, how Mark's father is a foreigner, and many more interesting news. Then, Mark and I played a 2-hour basketball and soccer game. As I was heading inside the wooden door, I instantly caught a glimpse of Sehun's car in the garage. I raised an eyebrow and whispered to myself, “Oh, he must be here then..” and then made my way inside the house. Right as I got in, I immediately climbed up the stairs, somehow excited to see Sehun. I opened the bedroom door, only to see a half- Sehun drying his wet pink locks in front of the mirror. Suddenly, I felt my cheeks heating up and turning into a light shade of pink, causing me to constantly and helplessly wipe both my cheeks with my palms. 

    “Oh Luhan, I didn't see you there.” I heard Sehun spoke, shifting his eyes towards me with an angelic smile. I gulped and mentally let out a school girl squeal, but in reality, I just awkwardly waved and gave him a nod. I took a few steps forward, taking a seat down on my soft, comfortable king-sized bed. Sehun glanced at me, shaking his hair constant times to let it dry, before plastering a small smile, giving his soft lips a . I gulped again, laying down on the bed, grabbing the pillow, and placing it on top of my face. “Um, Luhan, are you alright?” Sehun questioned, as I let out a silent screech under the pillow, not wanting to hear anything from Sehun for at least an hour, just in case I'll explode into a massive amount of girly squeals, even though I'm supposed to be scolding him for leaving me here. 

   “Hey Sehun,” I managed to let out a few words in a manly inflection, letting him know that I am a courageous man, not a girly schoolgirl. I was about to remove the pillow from my face like a manly man when I was cut off by a, “Wait, Luhan no don't look. I'm getting dressed.” Right after I heard that statement, I immediately clutched the pillow in front of myself firmly and silently pretended to weep like a girl when a guy just broke up with her, before pursing my lips into an invisible pout under the pillow. Without realizing it, my mind was already flooded with thoughts of Sehun changing in front of me and I weeped again, constantly kicking the soft cushion while letting out a few manly squeals. “You're good now, Luhan. I'm finished getting dressed.” He let out a y chuckle, causing me to let out another manly squeal underneath the pillow, before giving the soft bed a few more kicks. 

         “Hey,” Sehun emitted another chuckle, climbing on the bed since I could feel the sudden change of weight of the cushion and the stupid creaking sound it made, before clutching the pillow even more firmly than firm. “Yah, Luhan. Are you okay?” Sehun chuckled again, poking my sides, making me squirm. “Stop it, stop it!!~” I whined childishly, plastering another pout. Suddenly, I felt Sehun grab the pillow I was clutching on to and I immediately let out another whine. I gave all my strength to grab the pillow from Sehun, but he was also giving all his strength to the pillow as well. “Yah!~” I let out another whine, as we both continued battling with the pillow. However, at the end, I gave up and Sehun grasped the pillow, cuddling it like it was his little baby. At an instant, Sehun and I made eye contact, looking at each others' eyes deeply and I could've sworn if it wasn't for his distracting handsome smile, I could've been hypnotized by his beautiful eyes already. 

        “You're acting weird, Luhan.” He plastered a cheeky grin on his face, looking at me, whilst I pursed my lips into a cute pout. “It's – it's your fault!” I stuck my tongue out at him, playfully sending him a sharp glare. “Yah, I didn't do anything~” He whined cutely and I was about to let out a squeal, when I realized that I just can't let him go that quick. “Well – well, you did!” I shouted in a cute manly way, sticking my tongue out at him again. “Ugh Luhan, you're so cute.” Sehun muttered, making my eyes widen at such compliment. “W-what?” I uttered, eyes remain widened. “N-nothing!” He scratched the back of his head, adding an innocent smile with his soft lips. “Anywho, yah! Why did you leave me here by myself?” I blurted out in front of his face, pouting a bit at the thought of him leaving me, but I shouldn't be mad at him since in fact, I am a manly man, but I should at least scold him. 

        “Ah, sorry about that~ It's a long story.” Keeping the innocent smile on his face, he poked my cheeks, causing it to turn into a light shade of pink again. “Hey L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter