not the reality we wanted;

Do Opposites Really Attract?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Kyungsoo’s P.O.V.) 

     A few minutes went by, the ambulance arrived at the hospital. Taking one last glance at Jongin, I exhaled a deep breath before getting out, realizing how dark it was already. Midnight was about to come in a couple of hours and I obviously expected myself to be sleeping, right at the moment. “We'll take him inside.” One of the nurses informed, causing for me to respond with a nod, before taking a few steps forward inside the hospital. I looked up, noticing that the hospital was only a 3-storied building, which actually wasn't that huge size-wise. It was only medium-sized, made up with ceramic cement, which the walls were painted white and some dark edges on the sides. It wasn't like those hospitals you would see in big cities, it was just simply classic but also modernized. Taking a few more steps forward, I entered the automatic transparent sliding door, walking over to the waiting room, in which I've found several people inside. I took a seat next to a lady in her late 20s wearing skinny mini-shorts, a sky blue V-neck T-shirt, a pair of black with white laces converse sneakers, and had her hair into two separate braids, whom actually seemed to be weeping, considering the tears that were streaming down her face. 

     Scratching the back of my head, I looked down at the ground, contemplating whether I should talk to her or not. If I talk to her, there'll be a possibility that I can help her with whatever she's weeping about but, if I don't, she'll probably proceed on shamelessly weeping next to me. “Um, miss..Are you okay?” At last, I slowly managed to let out a few stuttering words. She gradually turned her head to look at me, as I saw her stream of tears. Then, she immediately looked away. I looked down at the ground, scratching the back of my head. “Um, are you alright?” I questioned repeatedly, causing for her to shake her head in disapproval. “What's the matter?” I attempted to tilt my head in a different angle, hoping to see a good sight of her face. “M-my boyfriend..” She stuttered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. “What about him?” I asked, looking at her with a curious gaze. “He's in the hospital right now. A car was about to come and hit me, then he immediately ran up in front of me and shielded me. I – It's all my fault.” Small tears started to fall down from her pale cheeks, as I emitted a deep breath. 

    “I – I'll have you know that you can't blame yourself. It's not your fault.” I stated, then suddenly remembered that in my case, it was all my fault considering what happened to Jongin, but it was an accident, although it is still my fault. “It is! It is! It's all my fault. If I wasn't so careless, nothing would have happened.” She continued to weep, meanwhile I took another deep breath, beginning to fidget with my fingers. “Look. Honestly, it's not your fault and you can't really turn back time and I understand that you're regretting what had happened, but it happened already. You can't change that.” I explained, looking at her with a soft gaze, whilst she looked at me and wiped the tears on her cheeks with the tip of her thumb. “I understand what you're saying. Thank you, I guess. By the way, what makes you come here at such time?” She questioned, looking at me with a questioning expression whilst emitting a sigh. 

     “Well, in this situation, it is actually my fault. I was sleeping and then I heard a few noises outside and I got out with my stick, thinking it was some sort of thief. However, when I got out, I was being too careless and smacked his back with the stick, only to find out that it was my. . .” I instantly stopped my explanation, pondering on whether what I actually consider Jongin as in my life. “My..uh –” I halted again, still contemplating on whether what title I should actually consider him as. “Your boyfriend?” She blurted out with a soft smile, while I immediately shook my head a few times, letting out an embarrassed chuckle. “Of course, not. He's just, I guess. . . a friend and an enemy? A frenemy –” I plastered a small smile on my face, realizing that Jongin was sort of like a frenemy, to me at least. “That's cute. But, you're scary.” She let out a slight giggle, puffing out her cheeks. 

        “By the way, I didn't catch your name. What's your name?” She asked, glancing down at her pink in color Timex wristwatch on her right hand. “I'm Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. And you must be?” I asked, looking at her with a small smile. “Yerin. Kim Yerin.” I smiled and nodded in response to her introduction, when I heard a few tapping footsteps walking towards our direction. I looked up, only to find a tall doctor holding a clipboard with a paper clipped inside it with his right hand and a pen with his other hand. “Are you here for Jungyeol?” The doctor asked, looking straightly at Yerin, whilst she nodded in response. “Come with me.” Turning around, the doctor started to walk away, as I smiled and bowed at Yerin. “It was nice talking to you, Kyungsoo. I hope your frenemy gets better.” She plastered a smile on her face and waved. “Likewise, Yerin. I hope your boyfriend feels better.” And with that, she nodded, keeping the smile she had on her face and followed behind the doctor. And here I am, left by myself again. 

         A few minutes later, I lazily opened my eyes, realizing that I had fallen asleep. I heard my phone ring in my pocket, whilst I sleepily took it out, preventing for the other people in the waiting room to wake up. Without glancing at the caller, I immediately clicked the ‘Answer’ button. 

“Hello?” I whispered lazily, being extra polite to the people around me. 

“Kyungsoo, it's Baekhyun.” I heard Baekhyun's soft voice on the phone, letting out a long amount of yawns. “What do you want, Baek?” I questioned, battling to open my eyes, since it wanted to close. 

“Do you want to come to our sleepover? Ugh, Jongdae be quiet. I'm having a conversation with Kyungsoo here, please.” I heard Baekhyun lecture as I cleared out my throat, letting him realize that I was still on the phone. “Oh, uh, sorry about that, Kyunggie. Anywhoo~ Do you want to come to our sleepover?” 

I let out another sleepy yawn and managed to let out a few words, which made sense to me, but to Baekhyun, it might've sounded gibberish. “What – Kyungsoo, wait what?” And with that, I clicked a random button on my phone, and without hesitation, closed my eyes for good. 

♦♦♦

(Sehun’s P.O.V.) 

        As my eyes slowly opened, I looked around, raising an eyebrow when I saw that Kyungsoo and Jongin weren't in the other bed, but however, I didn't care. They were probably making out somewhere or something. I slowly sat up, running a hand through my hair, only to glance at my wristwatch and read ‘1:30 AM.’ “Ugh, why did I have to wake up this early?” I let out a soft groan, scanning my surroundings, when I suddenly found Luhan's sleepy figure. He was sleeping so peacefully like an adorable princess prince and he just looked so irresistible. I smiled at his sleepy figure, only to realize that he wasn't covered with a blanket. Instantly, I unwrapped myself from the lavender knitted blanket and gently placed it on top of Luhan, wondering why he placed it on top of me, instead of himself first. It's alright if I get sick and cold, but I wouldn't want Luhan to be in that position. He's my first priority, after all. 

     Luhan emitted a soft, gentle yawn, keeping his eyes closed. I plastered a smile on my face, having the urge to squeeze and hug Luhan, never deciding to let him go. “N-no..don't go..I –” I blinked a few times, only to find out that Luhan was talking in his sleep. I raised an eyebrow, staring at him. “No, please..M–minseok..I..I love you..” My eyes widened and mouth agaped at such sentence. I immediately flinched, staring at the bed with eyes still widening. Who's Minseok? Why does he love him? Who is he in his life? My mind flooded with infinite thoughts, letting out a deep sigh. “M-Minseok!” Luhan shouted, however, he was still sleeping. I saw his sweat dripping on his cheeks, neck, and hair. Instantly, I stood up and opened the closet, taking out a random white clothing, and carefully wiped Luhan's sweat. It took a few minutes, when he finally seemed to have calm down, and can continue sleeping peacefully. I was about to stand up, when I was grabbed by a soft hand, gripping my arm, as I looked over at Luhan and found out that it was his hand. 

       “Don't go..Stay with me..I need you..” I raised an eyebrow and suddenly felt my heart softening while my heartbeat accelerating. Plastering a soft smile on my face, I sat back down on the bed next to Luhan's sleepy figure, staring at our intertwined hands. “Don't worry, Luhan. I'll stay as long as you want.” I whispered softly, caressing his soft and flawless hands. Then, I shifted my eyes up to look at his handsome and angelic face. Luhan is this kind of flower boy that literally looks like an angel. When he smiles, it seems like all problems in the world have been washed away. When he talks to you, it feels like you're talking to this outgoing angel. When you're just staring at him, it's like time has stopped. He was flawlessly flawless, although however, if having a funny face when he laughs counts as a flaw, then maybe 99% flawless. Suddenly, I realized that with my free hand, I was still holding the white clothing I used to wipe Luhan. I took a closer look at it, only to find out that it was an. . . underwear?! I froze, wondering who's underwear it was and also wondering whether it was clean or not, then instantly tossed it on who knows where, but it was somewhere far, so it made me feel relieved. 

         I took another glance at my wristwatch and it read ‘2:10 AM’ as I emitted a sleepy yawn. However, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter