a cry for help...

Island Paradise: Madness Rising

A/N: I did not edit this yet - just getting this out there so you people don't need to wait!

======================================

I think of the worst possible scenario for both choices before we move...

Nana was desperate - she was desperate in finding a way out as soon as possible... true, we did have enough medical supplies but at the cost of danger if we were to run on that alone.

While, Rap Monster seemed philosophical in our next movement... the daylight had both the good and the bad - good being a better scope of the area and the 'its' - bad being a better scope for the 'its' as well if we were not careful. 

"I think it would be best if we moved when the sun is out... there's no telling what could be lurking around in the dark...", I tried my best to remain calm but my right hand twitched from the fear pulsing through my veins.

My disapproval vexed Nana as she bit on her lower lip, "... that might be the case but how long do you think our little fortification job will hold out for? We can't risk staying here..."

I scoot over a little bit and pull out the blanket from one of the cabinets to put it around me and her. "At least there doesn't seem to be any movements yet. For now, why don't you get a little sleep? We will take turns holding down the fort.", I tilt her head toward my shoulder and brush her hair gently... like my mother did whenever I was distressed.

She nods and closes her eyes as she falls asleep on my shoulder.

I smile at Nana and look at Rap Monster in front of me. He was entranced by the criss-cross of his shoelaces as his eyes were spellbounded by the item. I didn't want to bother the guy but at the same time... I wanted to know what he was thinking... what I could do for him... how I can comfort him...

"Rap Monster-"

"Namjoon.", he interrupts.

"Namjoon, I'm... I'm sorry about Jungkook.", I knew an apology wouldn't suffice at all... 

"It's nothing... you also lost Lizzy,,, nobody is to blame except that son of a ... and plus...", his dimples present themselves as he looked into my eyes. "He did promise he will catch up."

I didn't know what to say at this point... but I guess, his optimism was definitely a good thing. 

"Why don't you get some shut eye as well? I'll keep watch and wake you up for your shift.", he picks up the shovel Nana held earlier and stood in front of the cabinet-blocked door.

"I'm going to look around a bit first, we can't live on just 1 weapon alone.", I said as I laid Nana down onto the ground.

"Alright, but don't stay up too long - we need all the energy for the morning."

I smiled in response and begin scrounging for any extra supplies we can take with us alongside potential weapons.

A flashlight, a first aid pouch, a pack of 8 AA batteries, and a pack of energy bars were missed by Nana - those would certainly come in handy. I stuff them into my bag and hand Namjoon the pouch for him to carry any supplies he might deem useful.

It seems nothing else was left in the room except the locker near the window. 

Namjoon shook his head, signaling me not to approach it. "It's okay", I mouthed to him as I inched my way by crawling. 

It seems our worries were for naught as I creak open the locker to find a broom and mop. I grab the two and bring it back to our resting spot.

"It's pretty sturdy but it will stun them at most...", Namjoon observed.

I step on the bristle-end of the broom and attempt to break it off... and with a snap... "It should hold for now, plus it has a long reach and lighter.", I proceed to unwinding the mop head off the plastic stick and gave it a good lift... It was heavier than the wooden broom's and definitely more durable.

"We should be good for tomorrow... I'm going to grab some shut eye now.", I slip under the blanket and join Nana.

"Sleep tight.", Namjoon husked.

"... thank you.", I mouthed... hoping he did not hear me.

 

... "LIZZY!!!"

The replay of Lizzy being hauled into the gang of 'its' broadcasted in the theatre of nightmares... One by one... they sank their teeth into her body... arms and legs being torn from the crying Lizzy... blood dripped from the torn limbs as Lizzy called out for us... As her cries reach us, her eyeballs were scooped out as the darkening color of red bled out her empty sockets. My arms try to grab ahold of hers but the reach became further and further till the scene fades to black.

I was wakened abruptly as my cries became a bit too loud... 

"Raina, calm down... it's just a dream.", Nana had awoken from her slumber as Namjoon was sound asleep. My guess is that Nana was up for bat on guard duty. "Look at you... you're a sweating mess...", she wiped down my forehead with some kleenex.

"I-I saw Lizzy...", I look into Nana's eyes.

"... I know.", Nana looks away and toward the window. 

She didn't say anymore, she bit down on her lips and rubs her left arm. Something tells me that beyond that window... was something horrifying... I knew what it was... but I had to look... I get up and walk toward the window. 

Nana tries to stop me but I shook my head and reassured her that I will be okay... or at least I think I would be.

Outside the window... there were a few of them strolling around under the moonlight... and amongst them were...

...

I just couldn't as I muffled my cries under my hands and the tears trailed down one after the other. I thought I could keep it together but... it was just like my dream... 

Lizzy had only her left arm and half of her right leg remaining to move by... her eyes were nowhere to be found as her skin was scratched and peeled off slightly to show her tissue and bones.

The sight was both sickening and...

"Don't think about it... Raina... we have to move on...", Nana rubs my shoulders as she sniffled her cries.

"How can I not think about it when we are guilty... guilty of not saving her when we could.", I finally snapped...

Nana paused for a bit before facing me with her hands placed on both my shoulders. "What's gone is gone... no matter how much guilt we feel - she won't be 'Lizzy' ever again... think about it... you said we could of saved her but we were strung by fear."

I open my mouth, about to retort when Namjoon woke up to the dispute we were having.

"That was a nice nap~ oh you two are awake already?", he flashes us a smile... the smile seemed to have meant, 'Break it up... this is no time to be fighting.'

I wipe the tears and crawl over to the resting spot.

"The sun is about to pop out soon... it's 3:59AM.", Nana said as the rays of the sun were still not visible.

I reach into my bag and pull out an energy bar. "We will split it into 3s... we might have a pack but it's better if we save this bit by bit."

The others agree and take a piece, Nana rummages through her bag and pulls out a bottle of water. "Here.", she hands it to me after taking a gulp.

"Thank you...", I pass it to Namjoon soon after.

But at that moment...

The rustling of the doorknob alerted us into grabbing our weapons.

"Anybody there?"... a male's voice whispered.

 

We remained quiet... unsure of what we should do... this was seriously bad timing... right when we were about to set out.

 

What should we do?

Let the stranger in?

or

Wait till he goes away?

===========================