Glitter & Ice

A Changkyu Collection

 

Cho Kyuhyun sits on the cold, empty stage. His legs dangle over the side and he's elevated to such a height that, if he were to lean too far over, he'd suffer a major injury from the fall. It's dark, save from the few lights that flicker high above him. He kicks up a pile of glitter dust and watches as it snakes around his ankles. His eyes linger for a second before he kicks the dust away and watches as the glitter particles scatter into the dark.

 

Kyuhyun lays back, legs still dangling over the stage, and looks up into the stream of light that sparkles above him. He tries to count the pieces of glitter that float in the light, but he loses count around sixty two. He hears footsteps enter the stage, but closes his eyes in response.

 

Kyuhyun breathes in and out, chest rises and falls, and he knows someone has settled next to him. His side feels colder than it did a few seconds ago.

 

“Kyuhyun,” he hears someone say, but the voice sounds tight and like something is stuck in the speaker's throat. Kyuhyun smiles when he hears his company clear their throat. “Are you okay?”

 

The singer simply sighs, says nothing.

 

“Are you feeling sick?” By this time Kyuhyun has figured out who has joined him. The voice is too familiar.

 

Kyuhyun squirms when he feels long, cold fingers on his forehead. He huffs and opens his eyes. Changmin's blurry figure comes into focus as Kyuhyun's eyes study him.

 

“I'm fine,” Kyuhyun insists.

 

“You feel kind of warm,” Changmin says.

 

“You're just obnoxiously cold,” Kyuhyun says with a devilish grin.

 

Changmin rolls his eyes and slides his hand away from Kyuhyun's forehead.

 

Kyuhyun watches his best friend glow in the strips of glitter light, and the urge to do something he's been aching to do washes over him. He sits up, watches Changmin readjust himself, and very clumsily leans in to kiss the other singer. It's awkward and stupid and out of place; Changmin resists at first, but gives in when Kyuhyun's fingers tangle in his hair.

 

Kyuhyun pushes Changmin's frigid skin down to the floor of the stage, imprinting swirls of glitter on his back.

 

He doesn't remember when the kiss stops and when he breathes again.


.

a/n: little drabble written for a friend who also likes changkyu. so check her out! ^_^

thanks for reading. hope you liked. <3