The Second Meeting

Remember

          It was hard to deny the fact that Yura was constantly waiting for the handsome stranger to visit her shop a second time. Choi Minho. Yura felt like she could repeat the name a thousand times and still, she wouldn’t get tired. Every part of the stranger seemed to attract her, even though she refused to admit it. It was even worse that the man had to be strangely warm and comfortable even though Yura barely knew him. However, a week passed then two and yet there was no sight Minho. It had taken Yura three weeks and four days to finally stop waiting for the man and instead, satisfy her hungry mind with just thoughts of the frog-lookalike ( Yura decided his huge, round eyes bore a striking resemblance towards a frog’s).

            Yura groaned as she felt herself drifting, yet again, into the thoughts of the young individual. Was he still single? A handsome man like that could have been snatched away by any woman. Yura cringed at the though.

            At the realization that Minho wouldn’t come back, Yura had become oddly lazy with clothing and sanitization. She was dressed in a plain caramel-colored shirt and worn out tight jeans. Her hair had been hastily tied up into a messy bun and her socks were mismatched. The few customers that came by offered her weird looks but Yura couldn’t care less. Why dress up and look pretty when the one she was waiting for didn’t come? It was a waste of time and energy.

            Suddenly, the bell chimed and in came Choi Minho, Choi ing Minho, looking completely gorgeous and y and Yura just wanted to carve him into a statue and admire it forever. Unlike Yura’s lazy fashion, Minho was dressed in a white shirt and a white-and-gray cardigan, the tight jeans fitting strictly perfect. Yura’s mouth hung open as the strang-Minho smiled softly, waving ever so slightly. Suddenly, Yura felt extremely conscious of her poor choice of fashion and she quickly ran into the back of the back of the shop. Grabbing one of her old, but still suitable looking dress, she quickly changed. She took of her socks, throwing them somewhere across the room and hastily pulling down the messy bun. Checking herself in the J.I.C (just in case) full-length mirror and deciding she looked presentable, she dragged her legs awkwardly towards the front. Minho was still standing in the same position as he did when he came in, his arms crossed. His lopsided smile, though, turned into an amused grin when he saw Yura’s new outfit. Yura cursed in the back of her head. Why did she have to go and change? Now Minho would think she’s a crazy, creepy lady crushing on him (she blatantly insists she doesn’t have a crush on Minho. She doesn’t).  

            The small mumble of “Pretty” coming from Minho, though, snapped her out of her thoughts and she felt a slight blush creeping up her face. A childish grin spread across Minho’s face as he reached out for a box of candy-canes right from the shelf behind her. “I’m back,” he said, as he reaches out to pat Yura’s shoulder hesitantly and Yura swears she did not faint in the back of her mind. She could only offer a small nod as the man walks down different aisles, reaching for boxes of various sweets.

            Yura could say she was, in the least, disappointed when the stranger brought his chosen items to the counter. They barely conversed and he was leaving already? Detected, she had lifelessly began to check to code-bars on the boxes before handing out the receipt and the bag of candies Minho, bowing her head sulkily as what she supposed was to be a polite gesture. The stranger, however, did not go out immediately and instead took out a pen, scribbling something on the receipt before pushing it across the cashier towards Yura. He offered Yura a final smile before hastily leaving the shop and Yura swore she saw the stranger blush. Curious as to what he had written, Yura picked up the receipt and read the contents, her cheeks red and her face lit up excitedly.

            Saturday, 12:30 p.m. Let’s have lunch together. ^^ Will come and pick you up at this shop. Looking forward to it. No excuses. It’s a must-come.

-Choi Minho

P.S. You look beautiful with whatever you wear.

             Yura felt her heart beating excruciatingly fast as he read the note over and over again. And she finally admits that maybe, just maybe, she might have a teeny-tiny crush on the stranger Choi Minho.

 

Author's Note

     Double update!!! A huge thanks to those who viewed and subsribed this fic. Still boring, right. Don't worry, it will get more interesting. Comments and subscribers are love!!! ^^ Will update tomorrow, I promise! ^^

-Kim Sung Hee