Unluckily Hanged

Lucky

Every day, Minseok consoled Luhan. Minseok shared funny stories for Luhan to forget his problems, and for Minseok to hope that Luhan also forgets Sehun.

For a week that they’ve been together, Minseok liked Luhan even more.

“—I don’t know but when I kicked the ball, it flew away and landed on the other side of the wall. I can never forget how Jungsu-seonsaengnim shouted at me and literally became red. He looks like a pitbull, but red!”

Luhan laughed like there’s no tomorrow, and Minseok’s heart laughed with glee as well. Luhan is really precious to him.

Then there are tingling of bells.

The two boys looked at each other and shouted, “Ice cream!”

Minseok treated Luhan, and he saw that it made Luhan happy. Happy like a little kid who got his dream present after opening his gift under the Christmas tree. Happy Luhan made Minseok happy as well.

Since then, for a week, Minseok treated Luhan ice cream every day because he saw that ice cream make Luhan happy. Even though Minseok’s allowance is not that much, he would always find ways to treat Luhan ice cream. Minseok does not buy food from their canteen to save his money for Luhan’s happiness.

During Music class, their teacher wasn’t present so they had their free time. After daydreaming on possible scenarios between him and Luhan, Minseok decided that he’ll confess to Luhan on their way home.

Minseok will tell Luhan that he is not taking advantage of Luhan’s problem with Sehun. It is just that he can’t bear seeing Luhan getting hurt. Minseok will tell Luhan that since fourth grade, he had liked the boy and it never changed. Minseok will tell Luhan that Luhan is his happiness, Luhan is his ice cream. Luhan is his lucky gem.

But Luhan was not on the road.

So Minseok kept his confession to himself, and walked alone.

For days, Minseok never saw Luhan every afternoon after class. Nevertheless, he never approached Luhan’s classroom because it would be unusual for a sunbae to be visiting his hoobae.

Minseok’s confession remained with him because Minseok was left hanging by Luhan.