Epilgoue

Wedding Bell

A/n: My intention was to make the previous chapter the ending but clearly that was not widely received. I wanted you guys to decide on your own ending and explore the different possibilities. Since many were unsatisfied, I decided I should give the ending that you guys wanted. So, here it it. Enjoy it and don't forget to comment!

PS: This was supposed to be 9/22 specia update but I lost track of time and was distracted by many other things :P

 

He stood there, waiting anxiously. He has been waiting all his life for this moment and he can’t believe that he’s finally achieved his heart desire. The desire and dream that he’s been holding on for so long and finally making it come true.

He could hear the loud chatters behind him. Just like him, they too are waiting anxiously. However, unlike them, his heart is pumping with adrenaline and he can hear it throbbing loudly. He swallowed a gulp and took a deep breath and tried to calm his nerves. As he looked ahead, trying to find his inner peace and distracting himself from the murmurings and chattering.

“Everybody please rise” the minister said as the music played. The song broke his trance and he straightened his attire before turning around. He stared in awe watching her walking down aisle. He could not take his eyes off her and a shy smile was plastered on his face. She reached him and stood next to him, neither taking their eyes off each other and both having the most genuine smile that their family and friends have finally seen.

“You are my dream. You made me who I am, and holding you in my arms was more natural to me than my own heartbeat. I think about you all the time. Even now, when I'm standing here, I think about you. There could never have been another. I promise to love you, to cherish you, to honor and to spend every breathing moment with you. You are my life now and you’ll always be.”

“You're a hero and a gentleman, you're kind and honest, but more than that, you're the first man I ever truly loved. And no matter what the future brings, you always will be, and I know that my life is better for it. No matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” She said, meaning every single word as she looked into the beautiful eyes that she has loved since she first met him.

“With the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride.” The minister announced.

Taeyeon cupped her face and slowly leaned in to kiss his wife. Tears of joy were seen in both pair of eyes as they pulled away. Tears were flowing down both their cheeks as they could not contain the pool of emotion that they are feeling.

 

Clinking sound caught the attention of everyone in the hall. The khaki hair girl was standing up with a glass of wine in her hand and all eyes were on her.

“Hi everyone. I’m Tiffany, the bridesmaid I would like to make a toast to the couple. Taeyeon, I’ve known you since we were little. You were my knight who always protected me from any mean people. We are so close that people expected us to be a pair. I remembered the day I introduced you to her. I knew you were awestruck by her and you fell for her the moment you laid your eyes on her.

It was cute but we all knew I felt jealous because she got all your attention ever since that day. Nevertheless, I was happy when you guys got together. You were the perfect couple in my eyes but I guess along the way, you guys found your own calling. I witnessed both of you at your lowest moment and I hated it.

However, despite everything that has happened between the two of you, I’m glad and ecstatic that you guys found your way to each other. I can’t be happier that you guys finally found the happiness that you guys deserve. This thing between you, this bond—it wasn’t just passion and it wasn’t wicked. It was love, and it was divine. After all, a real love story, never have an ending.

To the newly  wed couple, I wish the two of you eternal happiness. You guys have gone through a lot to reach where you are now. Cherish each other and live each day filled with love. Remember, one love, one heart, one destiny. I love you guys! Cheers!” she ended her speech as she raised her glass to the couple and gave them air kisses.

“Alright everybody, let’s welcome the groom to the dance floor and sing a song for us!” the deejay said. Taeyeon got up and headed towards the deejay and took the mike. Holding the mike naturally, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath before opening his eyes and smiled.

Not sure if you know this,
But when we first met
I got so nervous I couldn't speak
In that very moment
I found the one and
My life had found its missing piece

So as long as I live I'll love you
Will have and hold you,
You look so beautiful in white
And from now till my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight

What we have is timeless
My love is endless
And with this ring I
Say to the world
You're my every reason
You're all that I believe in
With all my heart I mean every word

So as long as I live I'll love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now til my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight

Oooh oh
You look so beautiful in white

So beautiful in white
Tonight

And if a daughter is what our future holds
I hope she has your eyes
Finds love like you and I did
Yeah, and when she falls in love, we'll let her go
I'll walk her down the aisle
She'll look so beautiful in white

You look so beautiful in white

So as long as I live I'll love you
Will have and hold you
You look so beautiful in white
And from now til my very last breath
This day I'll cherish
You look so beautiful in white
Tonight

You look so beautiful in white
Tonight

The song ended and everybody stood up. He looked around and bowed to everyone before finally standing still staring at his wife with a smile plastered on his face. While the crowds were still applauding, he recalled what happened on that fateful day that changed his life.

“Why?” he asked confused.

“Because I felt empty. My heart ache and I couldn’t breathe and my world crumbled down to pieces. Those words pierced through my heart like a well-sharpened knife. At that moment, nothing else mattered and nothing made sense anymore. That’s when I realised that I couldn’t do without you. I can’t deny that I still love you, always have and always will.” She said with a croaked voice.

“And as I live the days without you, it killed me because I realised how much I actually needed you. How much I was dependent on you and how I always needed to hear your voice. When you were missing, I was afraid. I was afraid that I’ve lost you for good, that I will never see you again and that you will never be mine.” She continued on as she gathered herself.

“At that moment, my biggest fear is that one day I’ll run into you on the street and I’ll look down to find your fingers intertwined in another girl’s, and God, will she be beautiful. I fear that as I sit alone in a café that I’ll look over to find your eyes full of love I once had the privilege to feel but not anymore as you simply watch her laugh.” The whole time, Jessica had her eyes on him but he avoided her gaze and that hurt her.

“But I saw you walking down the aisle with your dad.”

“I took a risk and I was prepared to be hated. I was prepared to be reprimanded and be seen with disgust but I wasn’t ready to lose you. I didn’t want to leave him there so I decided to face him and apologize to everyone.” She answered.

“I hate the fact that I can never hate you and the fact that I'll always love you no matter what you put me through. Just like you, I too had a fear. I fear that I’ll spend my life alone because I’ll still be caught up in the impossibility that you love me. But most of all, I fear that if you held a gun to my temple, I’d still adore and love you with every fiber of my being as I watch you pull the trigger.” He said as tears cascaded down his cheeks.

Their eyes finally met and they were still for a long moment before he wordlessly walk up to her and swept the brunette tresses out of the girl’s face and amiably brushed the girl’s cheeks with the back of his hand, smiling as she went along. Leaning forward, he pressed his own lips against the girl’s, the two of them sharing an endearing kiss that made their hearts pound, stomachs flutter, and souls thrive jubilantly.

The girl shut her eyes, receiving his lips without an utter of protest. The hairs on the girl’s body prickled lightly and her hands trembled faintly as her insides shook with excitement. Once they released each other, they stared into each other’s eyes once again, delighted smiles adorning their faces.


“Jessica Jung Sooyeon, it is at moments like these that I know what my purpose is in life. I am here to love you, to hold you in my arms, to protect you. I am here to learn from you and to receive your love in return. I am here because there is no other place to be. You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have. I love you, Sooyeon, more than you can ever imagine. I always have, and I always will.” Taeyeon said as he stood right before her, wiping away the tears that were streaming down her cheeks.

The first dance song played, hinting that it was time for their first dance as a married couple. Taking her hands into his, he guided her to the dance floor and they danced to their song. Jessica had her arms around Taeyeon’s neck and pulled him closer. They rubbed their noses together.

"You're my wife," Taeyeon said, and then he laughed, and she tried to catch his dimples with her teeth.

"Yours," she said. They gazed into each other’s eyes before muttering simultaneously.

“One Love, One Heart, One Destiny. I love you.”