Lee Hongbin (Hongbin)

VIXX

Ever since you were seven, your world has been black. When you were home alone on the 4th of July, you just HAD to try out the fireworks. Not waiting another moment for your parents arrival you went outside and lit them yourself. However, you stood to close and the flames burned your retinas. You cried and cried waiting for someone to flip the lights back on, but you still remained blind 20 years later.

"Excuse me, miss, dogs aren't allowed in here." You moved your body to face where the voice originated from.

"How else am I going to get my latte without my guide?" You sensed the atmospere grow uncomfortable.

"Oh... I'm sorry, I didn't know... please continue." You heard his feet shuffle away quickly.

That's what I thought...

Suddenly Max, your german shepard, started whining.

"What is it Ma--"

"Well, hello there." A gentle voice cooed at Max. You felt his large tail whack your foot repeatedly.

"Is this your dog? He's a beauty." The voice claimed.

"He is?" No one dared to come close enough to give positive comments about Max, "And yes, he's mine."

"Who's a good dog? Huh, you? Ah yes..." Hearing this, you smiled.

"Ahh... sorry. I'm Lee Hongbin."

"I'm Kang Rae Ah, this is Max." You pointed to where Max was suppose to be.

"So it's Max..." Max wagged his tail in responce to his name.

"Well, Hongbin, it was nice meeting you, but I think I should get my latte before it gets too cold."

"Nice meeting you too."

Once you got to your seat you took a sip of your "latte" and gagged.

"What is this?!" It tasted completely black.

You marched back to the counter slamming the coffee cup down.

"What is this? I didn't order this!" Unexpectedly you felt an equally angry presense beside you.

"Mine is wrong too!" He huffed. Max began to whine again. Hongbin?

"We are so sorry! Let us make it again, on the house." The woman reassured.

"Don't bother." You uttered in annoyance.

"Wait!" A hand gripped your shoulder.

"What did they give you?"

"A black cup of coffee, why?"

"Did you originally order a carmel latte?"

You turned towards him, "Yes."

He chuckled,"I think they got ours mixed up."

"So that's what happened..." You mumbled.

"Here." He grabbed your hand leading it to your original order.

Your eyes widdened behind your sunglasses at the sudden skinship.

"Thanks..."

"No problem... want to join me at my table?"

"I think people would stare." You told him honestly.

"Why? Because you're so beautiful?" You smiled at his comment, feeling butterflies stir around your stomach.

"No..."

"Well, then who cares? They are stupid. Come on Max."

To your surprise, Max obediantly followed him, dragging you along.

"So, Rae Ah, you want to play 21 questions?"

"Umm... what is that?"

"Haven't you ever played it with your friends?"

"Don't have any." You thought he would tense up and become uncomfortable, but that didn't happen.

"Awesome! Then you could meet my friends and get acquainted with them! They're pretty cool!"

"Friends?"

"Yep! I've got 5 of them at home that I can think of right now." He stated cheerily.

"You don't have to do that."

"Too bad! That is exactly what I'm going to do. Anyway, to play 21 questions each player asks the other person questions till you reach the 21st question. Get it?"

"Yes." It made more sense than you had thought it would.

"Okay, me first!"

"Umm.... favorite color?"

"From what I remember, purple." You recalled the purple stuffed dragon you had as a child.

"You weren't always b---"

"Ah! My turn now." You interrupted.

"Favorite food?"

"Spaghetti, Korean sweet and sour pork and Curry." You liked Korean sweet and sour pork too.

"You weren't always blind?"

"Nope. Favorite hobbies?"

"Basketball and photography."

"Since when?"

"I was seven. Any siblings?"

"2 older sisters. Dating anyone?"

"Nope, no one comes near me. What do you look like?"

"Oh, I'm totally handsome, all the girls want me." He exaggerated. "Favorite song or artist?"

"Ermm.... Vixx, SHINee, B.A.P and a few others." He muffled his laughter.

"What's so funny?"

"Vixx?"

"Yeah... why?"

"That's my band."

".... No...."

"Yes, Leo, Ravi,Ken, N,Hyuk, and HONGBIN."

".... No...."

"Glad to have another fellow starlight out of many." He patted your back.

"But... what??" You were so confused.

"Aigoo! You're so cute when you are confused like this!"

"I'm only confused because I can't remember whose turn it is and what question we were on." You pouted.

"Oh... well I go then, last question."

"Okay."

"Date me?"

"But we kinda just met an hour ago."

"Well in that time I have grown to like you. It wouldn't cause any damage and it might even be fun."

"...Okay..."

"Cool! Call you later!" I don't remember giving him my phone number.... maybe he took it while I was concentrated on what I was going to say...

Walking home with Max in the lead, your phone started ringing.

"Because she's a killer! kil--"

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Hey, it's Hongbin, if I got you an outfit would you wear it?"

"Why not..."

"Cool okay, just needed to know. By the way, love your ringtone." He hung up.

"Weird." Suddenly you heard your name being called. You felt your way through the crowd trying to get to the caller. A hand grabbed yours and dragged you into an air conditioned building.

"Here." Hongbin put a long garment into your outstretched arms.

"What is it?"

"It's a purple polka dotted dress. Try it on!" He pushed you into a smaller room shutting the door.

When you came out he clapped excitedly.

"I love it! Let's go!" Grabbing hold of you once again he led you back to the heat.

"Don't you have to pay--"

"Already did."

A few minutes of walking he stopped abruptly.

"We're here." He sat you on the ground.

"Where is "here" exactly?"

"Reach your hands out slowly." He ordered.

You obeyed him grazing your fingers along a rough type of wood.

"A tree... so we're outside?"

"A cherry blossom tree." He corrected.

As you moved your hands on the bark you suddenly felt something soft.

"Is that... skin?"

"Yes." As he talked the flesh moved too.

"You're face? I'm sorry." When you tried pulling away, he pulled you back.

"You asked what I looked like. Here is your chance." You slowly moved your fingers around his eyes and down his cheeks stopping when you reached his lips.

"They feel soft."

"They are." Without your knowledge he kissed your cheek.

"What... was that for?" You felt your face blush.

"Just to prove my point." You smiled.

"Gomawo, for not smacking me at that attempt." He entwined his hands with yours and layed back. After a moment you joined him.

Oddly, it felt like your world somehow got brighter with him lying beside you.